Disneyland Singapore Resort

tcool123

In honor of TAFIcon I present...

Singapore Disneyland Resort Survey -
Resorts

1) How would you rate both resorts overall? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What was your favorite resort, and why?
3) What would you add to the resorts to make them better, and why?

Disneyland Resort & Spa
1) How was the quality of overall theme? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What was your favorite and least favorite wing, and why?
3) How was the quality of the restaurants and shops? On a scale of 1 to 10.

City Springs Resort
1) How was the quality of overall theme? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What was your favorite wing, and why?
3) How was the quality of the restaurants and shops? On a scale of 1 to 10.

Disneyland Park
1) How would you rate the park overall? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What was the quality of overall themes and designs? On a scale of 1 to 10.
3) What was your favorite land, and why?
4) What was your least favorite land, and why?

London Heights/Discoveryland
1) What was the quality of the attractions? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What was the quality of restaurants, eateries, and shops? On a scale of 1 to 10.
3) What was your favorite and least favorite attraction, and why?
4) What was your favorite and least favorite restaurant/eatery and shop, and why?
5) How would you fix and/or improve the land(s)?

Fantasyland
2) What was the quality of restaurants, eateries, and shops? On a scale of 1 to 10.
4) What was your favorite and least favorite restaurant/eatery and shop, and why?

Neverland/Adventure Isles
4) What was your favorite and least favorite restaurant/eatery and shop?

Disney Village
1) How would you rate the shopping area overall? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What was the quality of overall themes and designs? On a scale of 1 to 10.
3) What was the quality of restaurants, eateries, shops? On a scale of 1 to 10.
4) How would you fix and/or improve the area?

General
1) How would you rate the resort overall? On a scale of 1 to 10.
2) What do you think of the resort transport, and why do you think that?
3) What didn’t you like about the resort, and why?
4) What did you like about the resort, and why?
5) How would you improve the resort?

----

If you wish to complete this survey just answer the questions. When you are done either post them here, or send them to me through a private message. The method I would prefer for everyone to submit their results is the latter as it keeps from possibly influencing other's opinions. If you still wish to post it here I would of you to please put it all under a spoiler like this one :

Example

In advance I thank you for your time for looking at the initial year of 2005, and I thank you in advance for doing the survey if you so choose to do. :D

---

Just as a note what you answer in the survey will influence my decisions for the future five years of the resort which is 2005 - 2010.​

tcool123

2006 -

untitled_by_tcool123-da6uf3i.png

Its been a whole "year" since we last saw Disneyland Singapore Resort. Let's see what has happened in our absence. Debuting on March 10th was the Cheshire Stage. Playing the role of the the park's castle stage, but in a different way as it's location is within the castle walls. This allows for productions to run no matter the weather. The Cheshire Stage currently hosts Mickey's Surprise Party. Also debuting on March 10th was Mickey's Rainy Day Express. An alternate day parade that runs during the rain. Debuting on May 27th was the Muppets Mobile Lab. The Muppets Mobile Lab celebrates science and the Muppets while it roams Discoveryland. Also debuting on this day was the Heights Exhibit Cinema allowing characters from the Disney*Pixar film Toy Story to meet guests. Finally debuting on August 4th was the Pirates of the Caribbean a whole new ride experience allowing guests to see the movie, and then ride the ride.

Not related to the parks, Disney bought an additional 50 acres in Malaysia. Making the total acreage of their land in Malaysia 87 acres. Insiders are saying Disney plans to add more parking to the already existing 37 acres of parking.

Mickey's Surprise Party

Theater Layout -

untitled_by_tcool123-da58pur.png

Guests can enter and exit from two locations in the theater. One being in the castle hallway, and the other being a pathway in the Enchanted Woods. At either entrance there will be an area to park strollers. At the right entrance there will be a small backstage area used to hide the performers before they appear. The seating area will be mostly benches on elevated platforms. Which can house an audience of 500 people, and with 8 showtimes per day up to 4,000 people can experience this show daily. The stage is set up with a reused background and props from the old Mickey's Birthday Party Show from the Magic Kingdom.

Stats & Information -

Attraction Type: Character Show
Theme: Mickey and Friends
Amount of People per Showing: 500
Duration: 12 Minutes
Viewers per Day : 4,000
Height Restriction : None
Ticket Rating : B-Ticket

Show Synopsis -

Minnie is hosting a surprise party for Mickey who has just won the Toon of the Year award. She has invited all of Mickey's closest friends including you to this party. So watch as Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and Minnie all try to put together this party. With special help from Clarice, Clara Cluck, Pluto, and so many more friendly faces. With tons of dancing, singing, and laughter this show will be at the top of your Disney Must Do's!

ritzy-exterior-02-lst145691.jpg

Queue -

As guests past under the cinema marquee clearly showing "Meet the Stars of Toy Story" and the wait time to meet the stars. As guests approach the box office there will be six posters for the upcoming Disney films which change every so often. As guests enter the cinema they are greeted by the smell of popcorn, and a hallway with various theaters showing different films. As guests leave the hallway they enter a lobby.

On the wall of the lobby stands a large screen playing various shorts by Disney*Pixar along with scenes from Toy Story 1 and 2 that feature the songs by Randy Newman. Guests then go through a switchback line up until the entrance into the backstage room.

The Experience -

Guests are ushered into the backstage of the theater where they're thrown into the world of Toy Story by entering Andy's Room. The Meet & Greet will be set up similar to Character Spot at Epcot. Guests will first meet Jessie, followed by Buzz Lightyear, and lastly they'll meet Woody. All the while in Andy's room, listening to the soundtrack from both of the Toy Stories.

character-meet-buzz-woody-pixar-place-00.jpg

dsc00096.jpg

Queue -

As guests enter Castello de los Piratas they see various flags hanging on the walls. As guests meander through the castles covered patio similar to that found at Magic Kingdom. Eventually guests reach the main entrance of the show building. Guests enter the castles dungeon, and see unopened crates that have been collecting dust for years. Large cannonballs are stacked upon each other. As guests continue they enter a long hallway filled with cells. In one cell guests see a rat drinking from a pan of water. In another cell a large spider is seen crawling the walls. The final cell that is inhabited contains two skeletons stuck in the middle of a chess game that is quite clearly a stalemate. Some of the barred windows are seemingly melted.

Guests now enter the canon room where they see the canons sticking out, and into the open air. Various large holes are open due to a rather hard battle from the seas. Guests leave the courtyard, and enter a moonlit courtyard. A well stands in the center of the courtyard. With a rope almost about to snap seemingly carrying nothing. A window on the second story of the home occasionally swings opens with the wind revealing a rooster sleeping.

Guests exit the courtyard, and come onto a street that has seen better days. Most of the buildings are burned with serious damage. Years of abandonment have led to nature taking over. A wall of roses is covering the entrance of the mysterious boats that come and go. A closer look will show there are still plenty of civilians left in this town. One civilian will guide guests to either continue on their current way, or to send them to the rose covered bridge. Either way guests will begin to head a slope, and be directed by more civilians to board one of the mysterious boats.

Ride Stats & Info -

Attraction Type: Dark Boat Ride
Vehicle: Pirate's Boat
Theme: Pirates
Amount of People per Vehicle: 24
Duration: 8 Minutes and 30 Seconds
Riders per Hour : 3,200
Riders per Day : 32,000 - 44,800
Ticket Rating : E-Ticket

Ride Experience –

Scene One: Sentence

As guests leave the run down town they enter a mysterious Jamaican mangrove forest. The wind rustles the leaves in the forests, while the calls of many animals provide an ambient sound to the night. The head of an American Crocodile pops out from the water, as it approaches the boats it slowly dives back under. The boats shake a bit as the large reptilian passes below the boats. Something can be heard coming out of the water. As the boats turn a corner a 10 foot crocodile is seen on the shore eyeing the guests once more.

963899642-manglar-amazonas-rio-verde-exuberante-amazonia.jpg

The sight of something yellow may seem normal in the forest, but it may not for as long seeing as it has now moved. What now seems like a long snake is seen stretching over the guests. The head of a Jamaican Boa is made present to the guests as its tongue comes out.

Mysterious Female: “Ah, so you have come now?”

As the boats turn another corner Tia Dalma comes into view. The voodoo witch is seen standing on the porch of her shack.

Tia Dalma: “You come seeking adventure now? Let Tia help you. Perhaps you’d like to journey to the famed pirate lord, Captain Jack Sparrow? Mmmm, yes I can sense it. Go, now! Be on your way before I change my mind.”

The boats enter a cave as they sail in the dark among the rocks Tia Dalma says an incantation, and with that the vehicles go down a ten foot drop.

latest

Scene 2: Davy Jones’s Locker

The boats progress through the caverns of a cave. Ghostly whispers warn guests to turn back before its too late. The boats past a wrecked pirate ship with wood still rotting away. Guests past by various barrels of rum, but all seem empty. Which raises the question: Why is the rum always gone? The boats reach a beach with a lone crab on it. It occasionally clicks its claw as various pirate skeletons are scattered on the beach. One skeleton is on top of a rock reaching for the hand of another skeleton. Another skeleton is holding a pistol aimed at the crab. The final skeleton is pressed against a cave wall away from the crab. Was the crab what scared these pirates to death or was there something else in play?

Ghostly Voice: Dead mean tell no tales...

A wall of mist appears as Davy Jones appears.

Davy Jones: Ahahahaha! Aye, but tales there be aplenty in this cursed place.
Davy Jones: Ah, but they do tell tales—so says I, Davy Jones.
Davy Jones: If ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirates’ curse, proceed.

The boats go down a 20 foot drop into the sea and back in time.

Scene 3: The Black Pearl

The boats enter the vast ocean. Guests will be able to see the nose of the Black Pearl as it fires its canons at the fort. Canon balls make a splash in the water occasionally wetting guests. As the boats float along guests will see Jack the Monkey and Cotton's parrot engaged in a battle of checkers on the mast of the ship. In Jack's tail is a piece of Aztec gold that he had stolen.

Screen+shot+2011-10-26+at+2.53.03+PM.png

On the top deck guests will hear and see Captain Barbosa barking orders.

Barbosa: Fire the canons! Make those Spaniards beg for mercy! We need their fortunes, and would somebody watch Jack down below! Make sure he's nice and comfy.
Spaniard: Ay, dios! Stop this madness, we can't fight these pirates much longer!
Spanish Captain: Return fire, soldiers!

The boats sail past the Black Pearl, and encounter Jack Sparrow on a lifeboat. He is not rowing, and holding out his magic compass. Also in his boat are plenty of doubloons, and a jar of dirt for whatever reason.

Jack: Shhh, don't tell Barbosa about my little escape. Or Will or Elizabeth or Gibbs, or you know what let's just keep this encounter between us. Savvy?

Scene 4: The Town Entrance

Guests past by the Mayor's home. Many of the servants of the mayor are tied up awaiting their turn for the lovely well. A pirate with a cutlass and a ruthless demeanor is standing watch over them. Two pirates are seen by a well. One is pulling a rope up and down. While another has a pistol locked and loaded ready to strike whatever is within a well. The door of the mayor's home is swinging softly, and observant guests will notice that there seemed to be a struggle there. Piles of clothes and valuables such as fine
silverware, candelabras, jewelry, etc are lying around the courtyard scattered. Perhaps what the pirates looted from the mayor? The pirate with the rope will be pull up, and upon appearing Mayor Carlos will spit out water occasionally wetting some guests. The pistol pirate will begin to talk.

Pistol Pirate: So what it be, Mayor? The treasure...

A window opens from the second story of the house.

Wife: Carlos, don't be so cheekin. Don't say nothing!
Mayor: Right, you'll never know where the treasure is!
Pistol Pirate: Damned wench!

The pistol pirates aims at the wife, and fires. The wife closes the shutters as the pirate misses.

Mayor: Carlotta!
Wife: I'm fine! Say nothing!
Pistol Pirate: Let him fall back in the well! We will get the whereabouts!
Rope Pirate: Aye!
Mayor: Parla -

nospc00.jpg

The pirate with the rope lets go, as the Mayor begins to take in water. The boat continue to float along as guests past by a pirate with a flute as a faint sea shanty is played. The servants home is slowly passed by, and pirates are seen drinking rum outside of the home. From the second story windows two pirates are in a brawl of guns as they both want the last bottle of rum. Occasionally one will shoot and miss terribly.

The boats will float by racks of clothing plundered from the two homes. Jack's rowboat is seen, and Jack is hiding behind the rack. After Jack pulls out his compass and flask, he takes a swig of rum, or tries to.

Jack: Why is the rum always gone? Ah, you! Shhh, I'm on my way to the treasure.

Jack hits the bottom of his flask hoping for a drop of rum.

Jack: But first I need rum.

Scene 5: Auctioneers

The boats float into a new part of town. Guests encounter Elizabeth in her pirate attire in front of a bakery. She will be leaning onto some barrels.

9afa8f6b99f5a51517a50b314551c485.jpg

Elizabeth: You there! Have you seen Jack? Because of him, the crew has mutinied! If you see him, tell him that if he shows up around here, he'll be killed!

The boats float by the auction scene.

Scene 6: Town Duelers

The boats float into the next town scene. Upon entering, guests are met with a rather unpleasant smell as they see pigs in the mud playing around as a passed out Gibbs is resting with an emptied bottle of rum in one hand and a sword in the other. The boats continue to float past by various houses with pirates looting homes, and being chased by the women of the house. Upon a screen awaits Barbossa and Will Turner both on separate balconies.

Will: Turn back your pirates Barbossa, we your here to find the cities treasure, not disrupt citizens life's!
Barbossa: Aye, if only I could Will! But with Sparrow's disappearance has upset the crew. If I were to stop there plundering and pillaging, there'll be a mutiny! Can't have that now, Turner.
Will: Coward!
Barbossa: Mr.Turner care to duel to prove those words?
Will: If we duel, and I win you'll call this all off?
Barbossa: Aye, but if I win you tell me the whereabouts of Jack!
Will: I don't know Jack's whereabouts!
Barbossa: Liar!

latest

Barbossa grabs a plank and places it across the balconies as he prepares to cross, Will quickly runs into one of the houses. As the boats turn a corner, two antimatronics of Will and Barossa are seen sword fighting and throwing an occasional insult at each other. The boats go under another bridge.

Scene 7 - 9: The Classics

Now what awaits us in the following year at Disneyland Singapore Resort? I suppose we'll just have to wait and see till 2007 whenever that may be.​

Last edited:

tcool123

While it looks good I think the Pirates attraction in Shanghai should be in Singapore too in my opinion.
:cyclops: That's like 10 years off from this timeline, and the tech they used was patented after 2010. Plus it was in my Opening Day Adventure Isles post (which is set in 2005) that it was already under construction. So yeah maybe down the road I plan for that happen, but it's not likely since it would lead to the whole ride being gutted, and the show building will probably be needed to expand it as well. So that would mean the rivers will needed to be drained which means half of the attractions would have to go down to allow that to happen.

Although I do like your feedback, and it may be put into consideration for future refurbishments of the ride. :D

tcool123

2007 -

maxresdefault.jpg

Its been a whole "year" since we last saw Disneyland Singapore Resort. Let's see what has happened in our absence. Starting off the year in April, Disney introduced annual passes to Singapore. They currently have three options with various prices :

- Singapore Resident Pass (Blackout Dates Apply; Singaporean Citizens Only)
Adult : S$150 Child (3 - 11) : S$115 Senior (65+) : S$95
- Magic Pass (Blackout Dates Apply; less than SRP)
Adult : S$275 Child (3 - 11) : S$205 Senior (65+) : S$175
- Premium Pass (No Blackout Dates Apply)
Adult : S$375 Child (3 - 11) : S$250 Senior (65+) : S$225

Along with the roll out of annual passes comes the rollout of the Disney Fastpass system. It is included within each ticket, and seven of the most popular attractions have fastpasses. Fastpasses are available throughout the park, and are dispensed by machines that scan your ticket. Here are your fastpass choices, and their locations:

Fantasyland :
- Pooh’s Adventure. The machine is located in the Enchanted Village Square
- The Village Theater. The machine is located in the Enchanted Village Square
Neverland :
- Journey in Neverland. The machine is located in front of the Skull Rock Theater
- Skull Rock Theater. The machine is located in front of the Skull Rock Theater
Adventureland :
- The Jungle Cruise. The machine is located near Mowgli's Adventure
Discoveryland :
- Time Warpers. The machine is located next to Time Warpers
- Journey to the Center of the Earth. The machine is located next to Time Warpers

It is said that the Skull Rock Theater fastpass machines are placeholders for the star attraction for the major expansion for this park. The construction was put under full speed as complaints of long wait times for attractions and restaurants got wind to upper management along with complaints of characters from Pixar films being absent throughout the resort. This expansion is set to open later this year.

To celebrate the end of the first school break of the year, Mickey's Waterworks debuted on April 27th. It is set to run for the rest of the Summer season as Disney on Parade enters its first ever refurbishment. On June 20th, Skull Rock Theater stopped offering fastpasses in preparation for the opening of the next land at the park, The Disney Studios Lot. On June 22nd the end of the first semester of school, The Disney Studios Lot opened to the public with two new attraction, one new restaurant, and countless meet and greets. On that same day fastpasses began to be offered for Tarzan Rocks! taking over the fastpass machines that were once used for Skull Rock Theater.

In June, Disney announced that starting September Disney's Haunted Halloween will begin at Disneyland Park. Also in June it was announced that starting in November Disney's Sparkling Holidays will begin at Disneyland Park. Both events were included with the ticket price, and there are rumors that Disney is currently looking into bringing over one of the festivals that are held at Epcot.

Disney Studios Lot -
Opening June 2007

disney_goldenoak.jpg

As guests leave Pirate Island of the Adventure Archipelago, they overhear the scores of recent Disney films as welcoming Studio gates welcome guests coming in. To the right lies a backdrop of the city Metropolis from the hit Disney*Pixar film The Incredibles, and throughout the day, guests will be able to meet Mr. Incredible and Frozone. Directly behind the meet and greet is the park's newest restaurant, The Prop Warehouse. To the left of the entrance is The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which has been brought over from Walt Disney World.

As guests continue to walk throughout the land guests will encounter a backdrop of Paris which is the location for a meet and greet for Remy from the latest Disney*Pixar film Ratatouille which comes to theaters June 28th. Continuing on this path, guests will find a fork in the path, guests can go to the right as they enter the world of Disney's Tarzan. Here guests will be able to wait outside for Tarzan Rocks!, a thrilling show carried over from Walt Disney World. As guests depart the land they will encounter one last backdrop this one being of Monstropolis, throughout the day Mike and Sulley from the hit Disney*Pixar film will come out and meet guests at this location. As guests depart the Disney Studios the music smoothly transitions into the background music of Neverland as guests enter well Neverland.

The Prop Warehouse

DSC03455x.jpg

Exterior and Interior -

The exterior will be similar to that of Backlot Express at Walt Disney World. However it is the interior in which the two differ. In the lobby of this quick service are props and costumes from the hit Disney film The Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. While the ordering area and the dining area will be themed around High School Musical with the decor replicating the cafeteria seen in High School Musical.

Menu -

Entrées

Pulled Beef Brisket Sandwich
Braised Beef Brisket, Muenster Cheese, Arugula and Horseradish Sauce on a Ciabatta Roll served with French Fries, House-made Chips, or Apple Slices

Deli Sandwich
Smoked Ham, Salami, Pepperoni, Provolone, Creamy Caesar Pesto, Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Pepperoncini Peppers and Balsamic Glaze served with House-made Chips

Spicy Chipotle Ranch Chicken
Breaded Chicken Breast, Romaine, Tomato and Chipotle Ranch Dressing on a Ciabatta Roll served with French Fries

Turkey and Cheese Panini
Turkey, Swiss, and Provolone on Sourdough Bread served with Tomato Basil Soup

Vegetable Wrap
Zucchini, Mushrooms, Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes, Watercress, Provolone, and Garlic Herb Spread on a Spinach Tortilla served with House-made Chips

Greek Salad
Romaine, Tomato, Cucumber, Kalamata Olives, Red Onion, Feta Cheese, and Greek Dressing Tossed-to-order

Desserts

Strawberry Parfait

with Vanilla Wafers and Heath Bar Crunch

Vanilla Cupcake
with Chocolate Custard and Oreo cookie Crunch

Mickey Cupcake
Cheesecake with Graham Crumb topping in Mickey shape

Beverages

Soda
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid Light Lemonade, Gold Peak Sweetened and Unsweetened Tea
Desert Pear Lemonade
Dasani Bottled Water
Milk
Nesquik Chocolate Milk
Nestle Hot Cocoa
Coffee
– Regular or Decaf
Simply Orange Juice
Minute Maid Apple Juice

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

439218447c63b975a4a33d10b00be099.jpg

Queue -

To the left of the theater will be used as an outdoor shaded queue made of switchbacks, hanging from the cover will be various posters for upcoming Disney films along with fans blowing cool wind down onto the guests. The queue can hold just a bit more than the capacity of the theater.

Show Stats & Info -

Attraction Type: Live Theater Show
Theme: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Duration: 32 Minutes
Viewers per Showing: 1500
Viewers per Day : 7500
Ticket Rating : C - Ticket

Show Experience -

The theater's exterior be that of a studio building facade, and the interior will be the same as the Backlot Theater at Walt Disney World as the seating will have the same layout for when it played at Walt Disney World. As the show comes over to Disneyland Park there will be some noticeable changes. The goat, Djali will be cut from the show along with the musical number A Guy Like You. However Hellfire will be added to the show along with a longer Festival of Fools dance number.

Tarzan Rocks!

latest

Queue -

As guests pass by the large mural of Tarzan on the front of the building, and as guests go down the path they reach the queue. Guests wait in a heavily forested area designed to look like the African jungle.

Show Stats & Info -

Attraction Type: Live Theater Show
Theme: Tarzan
Duration: 30 Minutes
Viewers per Showing: 1500
Viewers per Day : 7500 - 12000
Ticket Rating : D - Ticket

Show Experience -

The theater's exterior be that of a studio building facade with a mural of the image within the poster posted above, but the mural will be a rough sketch as if Jane had drew it herself. The interior of the theater will be the same as it was at Animal Kingdom, along with the same seating layout. The only difference is that this theater is enclosed.

Disney's Haunted Halloween

18.jpg

Every Friday through Sunday starting the last week of September comes Disney's Haunted Halloween to Disneyland Park. Unlike the Halloween celebrations at the domestic parks, this celebration will be free, and included within the admission. However it is advised that some elements in the park during this time are not appropriate for those below the age of thirteen. Guests are encouraged on weekends to dress out for the Halloween festivities.

During the day guests will be treated to some Autumn decorations. Guests entering the park will be able to see a giant Jack O'lantern in the shape of Mickey Mouse himself. While throughout the park are various smaller Jack O'lantern with carvings inspired by the lands there in. Throughout the last week of September and all of October regardless on the day guests will be able to meet Chip (Robber) and Dale (Cop) , Pluto (Pumpkin Tag), Goofy (Jester), Daisy Duck (Princess), Donald Duck (Knight), Minnie (Queen), and Mickey (King) in their Halloween costumes.

At night on the weekends things take a darker turn as London Heights fills up with mist, and the restless spirits from Midnight Manor and Richmond Manor come out to scare the guests. If guests love to be scared then they should try out the Haunted Hotel walkthrough which is next to Cherry Tree Bistro. If ghosts aren't you come of the tree then beware of the bloodthirsty aliens which have crash landed at Discoveryland! They run around the Verne section of the land trying to kill a visitor of the park so they may east on the wondrous human flesh.

For those who which to take a not so scary approach instead, there are still plenty of festivities to partake in! At the Enchanted Village Square Disney's most frightful villains have come out to play! So don't be afraid, and meet Maleficent, Evil Queen, Jafar, and Gaston. Over at Storybook Circus guests will be able to find the Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington meeting guests. Throughout Fantasyland partake in Mickey's Treat Finds here guests will be able to go trick or treating and obtain various sweet or sour or maybe even a bit of both candy for free! Lastly twice in the night, make way for Disney's Glow in the Park Parade!

Disney's Sparkling Holidays

Parade1.jpg

Every Friday through Sunday starting the last week of November comes Disney's Sparkling Holidays to Disneyland Park. Unlike the Holiday celebrations at the domestic parks, this celebration will be free, and included within the admission.

As guests enter the park they will be met by a 35 foot Christmas tree decorated as if it were from the 1960's, and it will also include decorations inspired by the Disney films of that decade such as Mary Poppins, 101 Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, etc. At night guests are invited to the Christmas tree to join a group of carolers lead by Mickey and Minnie to light the tree in Illuminate! And watch as the holiday magic from the tree spreads throughout London Heights as all the buildings's Christmas lights flicker on, and for the big finale Heart Castle transforms with its very own Christmas lights.

On the weekends guests will be able to experience the Story of Hanukkah through a walkthrough located within a building adjacent to Cherry Tree Bistro. While adjacent to Midnight Manor will lie Santa's Workshop guests will be able to line up and meet Santa Claus up to December 24th, and starting on December 25th and ending till the end of the celebration guests will find Jack Skellington in his Sandy Claw attire.

Throughout the day guests will be able to encounter various Disney characters celebrating the holidays in various outfits. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Stitch are wearing a red, green and candy cane striped scarf respectively. Pluto is wearing a red nose and reindeer antlers. Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey are all wearing Christmas sweaters. Also throughout the day guests will be able to find the park adorned with Holiday decorations such as wreaths, garland, lights, etc. If guests so happened to visit Midnight Manor during this time of the year they will find Midnight Manor Holiday, here Jack Skellington inspired by the ghosts outcry for the holidays decided to surprise them all with a Christmas celebration.

At 3 PM every day guests will be able to watch the Let it Snow! Parade.

Now what awaits us in the following year at Disneyland Singapore Resort? I suppose we'll just have to wait and see till 2008.​

Last edited:

tcool123

With Haunted Halloween is it going to be two versions like one for kids via trick or treating, and one for teens & adults with scareactors & mazes?
It's the way Hong Kong Disneyland which is a combination of both, Fantasyland/Neverland typically house the family friendly activities. Discoveryland/London Heights/Adventure Isles is the more teen oriented things. Its an odd combination that Disney does, but I guess it works for them over there.

tcool123

2008 -

2.png

2008 brought the second expansion of Disneyland Park along with a brand new entertainment offering. The second expansion and the new entertainment offering both opened on May 20th in preparation for the Summer season.

Throughout the day guests will be entertained by an unique show with songs and dances from the popular Disney Channel Films High School Musical. Guests will be able to dance along to there favorite songs such as Get Your Head In The Game, Were All In This Together, Bop to the Top, and so many more great songs!

Port Royal -

As guests enter Port Royal they are transported from the lush tropical jungles of Aloha Isle, and are transported to the Caribbean islands to tour Port Royal a town once known to all pirates as a safe haven, but now stands as the last place you'll want to be if you're a pirate. Nonetheless guests should be fine, but if they find suspicious behavior they are encouraged to report it at once to the authorities.

Upon walking through the town guests will encounter the original part of Port Royal Sparrow Bazaar home to all things to do with Pirates of the Caribbean. Adjacent is Castello de los Piratas, and inside guests can expect to find the popular Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. However as guests will quickly notice the village of Port Royal is just across from the castle.

1347092-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Film-Set-St-Vincent-0.jpg

At the entrance to the village is The Rowdy Rooster a tavern that reportedly acts as a safe house to pirates. Guests will be able to order a variety of themed alcoholic beverages along with some snacks. As guests enter the main path for the stores and restaurants they will find John Brown's Smithy a place where one can buy plenty of things made by John Brown and his apprentice William Turner. At the end of the path guests will find two more locations. To the right will be Whale and Waterspout an inn which serves hearty meals, and a place to stay for weary travellers. Finally there's The Pirates League, a secret meeting ground run by the Pirate Queen Elizabeth Swann. Here she recruits young scallywags and for a price they can be adorned in the garbs of a pirate and join her crew of buccaneers. As guests exit Port Royal they come across a rocky beach where a ship has crashed. This is the home to the newest attraction of Disneyland Park, Wrath of the Kraken.

Queue -

As guests wander off the path a raggedy torn sail lazily hangs over the entrance for the queue. Inscribed is the name of the ride, and when the wind blows behind the sail a piece of aztec gold is engraved into the rock. As guests walk into the cave they are blasted by cool air that smells of the ocean. Inside the cave the smell of the ocean is present.

The cave is barely lit, and due to a special lighting effect makes it seem guests have been transported underwater. Laying around the queue are pieces of the wrecked ship outside that have floated in. There are canons, masts and there poles, detached crows nest, canon balls, and other pirate related theming. Barnacles are growing throughout the room on various objects. As guests walk throughout the cool queue they will see projections of cave openings into the ocean in which fish are seen swimming.

Ride Stats & Info -

Attraction Type: Jump and Smile Flat Ride
Vehicle: Wrapped Up Barrels
Theme: Pirates of the Caribbean
Amount of People per Vehicle: 2
Amount of Vehicles: 8
Duration: 90 Seconds
Riders per Hour : 640
Riders per Day : 6,400 - 8,960
Height Restriction : 36"
Ticket Rating : C - Ticket

Ride Experience -

Guests will walk out of the dark cave into the ride arena. Sand dunes decorated with things that have floated off the ship lie around the dunes, and some things are poking out of the sand. As guests pick their two seater barrel they will notice that the barrels have been broken open to allow for the seats. The barrel are perfectly balanced on beams wrapped around the tentacles of the Kraken. Once all the guest are boarded, and their safety harnesses are properly on the ride will begin. Guests will go through various patterns as they occasionally go into the wrecked ship due to the two large holes within. One hole reveals the Captain's Quarters, and the other the canon room.

Davy Jones: Ye wander into the Kraken's lair, and ye hope to leave unscathed? I, Davy Jones, be sure to collect yer bodies when ye be done! Ha, ha, ha! Release the Kraken!

There will be three different experiences all synced to different pieces of music. The three experiences are :

- He's A Pirate (Mild)
This is your typical Jump and Smile pattern spinning quickly in a circle. Some fly up, and stay low. Soon they alternate, with four going up and the other down. Quicker and quicker until they start to bounce. They continue to bounce in a cycle for the last portion of the ride.

- Drink Up Me Hearties (Mild)
This is another typical Jump and Smile pattern spinning quickly in a circle in a wave sort of pattern. Quicker and quicker until it becomes hypnotizing to watch. They continue to go up and down, and at the halfway point the ride slows as it goes backwards.

- Davy Jones Musicbox / The Organ of Davy Jones (Intense)
This is perhaps the most unique of the three. It mixes the best elements of the two previous two experiences, and adds some thrill. The ride starts immediately with a calm wave pattern, but 30 seconds in Davy Jones ferocious, begins to play his organ. The experience goes backward and begins to bounce, but that's not all the final trick is showed off. The barrells tilt forward, and this causes it so when you begin to fall you'll feel like your about to fall out.

Jump and Smile Flat Ride in action:

tcool123

2009 -

discover1_by_tcool123-dawhbed.png

As 2009 goes on, and we approach ever closer to the wood anniversary of Singapore Disneyland Resort many measures were taken for future expansion, and making Singapore Disneyland a multiday experience. A prime example is the Discover Singapore Flex Ticket. This ticket offer while not created by Disney allows for guests to visit Wild Wild Wet, Singapore Zoo, and Disneyland Park over the course of three different days. It comes with several bonus amenities, to further justify the price for a ticket. For more information please visit their website - http://discoversingaporetix.weebly.com/

The prices for the tickets are S$185 for adults, and for children its S$150.

D23_CinderellaDance.jpg

Two other announcements signify that Disney has big plans for the future of Singapore Disneyland resort. They announced New Fantasyland for Disneyland Park; insiders claim it will mainly be a copy of the Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast sections of the Florida expansion along with it's a small world. However those are simply rumors, and as for now no one knows there plans.. The other big announcement was that Disney had purchased 50 acres at the site of the Malaysian parking and ferry docks to Disney Village. It is believed that they wish to expand Disney Village into a large shopping center split across the two locations of Malaysia and the current location.

Moving on past the announcements Storybookland closed to accommodate the plans for New Fantasyland. When it reopens it will be known as Storybook Circus.

At the start of the summer season Singapore Disneyland Resort, unveiled the newly built Disney Village Harbours expansion to Disney Village. Also debuting in the summer season was Tinkerbell's Garden a small meet and greet are devoted to Tinker Bell as well as a location to buy Disney's Fairies product. Finally as a way to market the newly released film, The Princess and the Frog, Princess Tiana began meeting in front of the London Heights Cinema. Her meet and greet setup is similar to those at the Disney Studios Lot as she meets in front of a background of Tiana's Palace.

Disney Village Harbours -

79fc60e897a64026ab3f7d8b178d0005.jpg

As guests walk past by the Ferry Docks to Malaysia, they will enter the newest district of Disney Village, the Harbours. Quickly guests will notice Wonder Market, a new store that sells Disney Parks merchandise. Soon after there's D-Tech, a slick modern store that specializes in Disney themed electronics and accessories such as Disney themed phone cases. However the big addition is Club Obi Wan.

Club Obi Wan -

obi_by_tcool123-dax61zw.png

Club Obi Wan is based off the Obi Wan Nightclub seen in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The interior of the restaurant will match that of the film giving off the 1930's Art Deco look. In the entrance there will be security making sure on Thursdays to Sundays those entering are 18 and up. The Bar area will be just that a bar serving alcoholic drinks, but also selling some snacks. Guests can either sit at the bar or throughout the seating area in the club.

Accessible through the seating area are the male and female restrooms. In the male restroom there will be a handicap stall, a regular stall, three urinals, and three sinks. While in the female restroom there will be one handicap stall, three regular stalls, and two sinks. Going down a couple steps guests will reach the dance floor. On Mondays - Thursdays it becomes additional seating as its Karaoke night. However the floor is cleared from Fridays - Sundays as it is needed for dancing. There lies a stage which is equipped with a karaoke machine, but can also be used for live musical performances.

For specific days guests need reservations, these days are St. Patrick's Day, Christmas Week, New Years Eve. All those days will have live music regardless of what day it is.

wan_by_tcool123-dax61pf.png

Until next year everyone! :D

jsurbs

This all is coming along very nicely! :D

I hope that the New Fantasyland expansion is different than Orlando's. I always think it's nice when a Disney park has unique offerings. I would just be so much more enticed to visit it (like how I would much rather visit Tokyo Disney Sea over Hong Kong Disneyland).

tcool123

2010 -

001_by_tcool123-daxbp93.jpg

2010 started off with a bit of disappointment, as Disney announced the 5th Anniversary had been postponed by a year. Following the postponement the Pinocchio meet and greet was discontinued, and replaced by a Duffy the Disney Bear Meet and Greet. This follows two years of high sales of Duffy merchandise at the parks. As the summer season was getting ready to kick off 2010 began to look brighter.

Heading the new openings, and most likely to allow for the expectant crowds for the upcoming 5th Anniversary was Disney's Memories Resort. At the Disney Village Parking Lots in Malaysia it was expanded by adding the Walt and Roy Lots. Finally another wave of expansion came to Disney Springs with an Earl of Sandwich opening adjacent to Chef Mickey's and World of Disney. At the end of the path at Disney Village Harbours, Wendy's - An American Kitchen opened being the first in Singapore. Finally the headliner for Disney Village, Glow Fest, opened; Glow Fest is a carry over from Disney's California Adventure. Glow Fests runs on the weekends from 8 PM - 2 AM.

As 2010 began to draw to a close, many things offered at the resort too came to a close. In October Disney on Parade, The Enchanted Tavern, and the meet and greet with Remy closed. A Rapunzel Meet and Greet opened in the Enchanted Woods on December 1st. Lastly Disney announced that Mickey's Surprise Party and High School Musical - Live! will both see their last day on December 31st.

Glow Fest at Disney Village Entrance -

gloefest_by_tcool123-daxxcgs.png

Daytime Atmosphere -
Throughout Disney Village Entrance guests will encounter new decorations. The bases of lampposts will get new box overlays that look like color splashes. From the roofs of buildings, popcorn lights go over pathways. The World of Disney entrance globe sign has been remodeled to be a disco ball globe. All in all there are some splashes of color, but no significant changes.

glowfest_dayglow2010ww.jpg

Nighttime Atmosphere -
At night Disney Village Entrance takes on a whole new look, or at least on the weekends. The popcorn lights turn on, and change colors along with the lights within the lampposts. As the disco ball globe spins around it changes color, and throughout the night so does the Starbucks logo. The cartoonish mickey head is covered in a projection scrim that displays the time till the nexts show on the stage in front of it. Fiber optics implanted to the ground light up, and change color. Large spotlights on top of roofs swing around wildly drawing attention to DIsney Village. When a show on the stage is not happening music made for dancing is played.

Throughout the area new kiosks are now open that were not open prior the start time. A face painting booth opens up, and while it appears to be nothing out of ordinary it is fact quite out of the ordinary. The reason for this is because you get painted on with glow in the dark paint. In front of Earl of Sandwich guests will be able to find a glowing food truck that serves glowtinis and glowjitos among regular drinks like water and coke. The final kiosk is in front of the entrance of The Art and Music Cafe here there is a kiosk that sells light up products for guests to buy.

2_by_tcool123-daxw0co.png

Bolly Dance -
This show is a carry over from Disney's California Adventure. The show will be on the stage once every hour except from 11 PM - 1 AM. This is to accommodate the second show on this stage.

For more information please refer to these videos -
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFp1wHrgzWfdGIepJlNWKNldWusXn5UyV

Countdown -
Starting at 12:30 AM nightly, Countdown has guests reliving New Year's Eve every weekend. Using the projection scrim covering the Chef Mickey, a countdown starting from 10 is shown. Once it becomes New Years small fireworks go off followed by plenty of of confetti. Prior to the countdown the Bolly Dance plays with an act missing to allow time for the second dance group to get to the stage. After the countdown glowing Chinese lions come out to dance in the streets, while the Bolly Dance dancers come out to perform a special set for the stage. Giant glowing hamster balls roll out, and guests will be allowed to try rolling around them. As Countdown begins to end a glowing Chinese dragon comes out, rounding up everything that was brought out except for the hamster balls. The hamster balls become part of the event for the rest of the event.

It is to be noted that once Countdown begins the following establishments close:
World of Disney
Earl of Sandwich
The Passholder Lounge

The Passholder Lounge -
While not show in the map guests who are passholders during this event have exclusive access to The Art & Music Cafe which has been decked with decorations for Glow Fest nights. Passholders can get complimentary sodas from various soda machines that have been added throughout the lounge. The menu features reduced prices on food items and alcoholic drinks. The Passholder Lounge will be a place that let's passholders relax, and get away from the crowds of Glow Fest.

Glow Fest at Disney Village Harbours -

gloefest_by_tcool123-daxxcgs.png

Daytime Atmosphere -
Throughout Disney Village Harbours guests will encounter new decorations. The bases of lampposts will get new box overlays that look like color splashes. From the roofs of buildings, popcorn lights go over pathways. New lighting rigs are added throughout the Harbour, and on top of buildings, equipped on these rigs are spotlights that are currently off.

glowfest_dayglow2010ww.jpg

Nighttime Atmosphere -
At night Disney Village Harbours takes on a whole new look, or at least on the weekends. The popcorn lights turn on, and change colors along with the lights within the lampposts. Fiber optics implanted to the ground light up, and change color. The lighting rigs switch on wildly moving the spotlights that change color around the pathways, and regular spotlights are set up on the roofs of the buildings bringing attention to the hotspot of the event. Loud dance music is played through the speakers of the area. However the highlight of the atmosphere is the main stage which is set against a large screen that showcases guests dancing that is recording in real time by a capture camera which acts as the border between guests and the stage.

glowfest_skywall2010ww.jpg

Club Obi Wan -
This is the main reason for Glow Fest being brought to Disney Village; well that, and Disney wanting to make this resort a multi day vacation along with bringing in the locals. Back to how this location inspired Glow Fest, the surge of people who would come to Disney Village just for Club OBi Wan for its live performances was really good for the business of the entire complex. Naturally Disney decided to move the live bands from here to the much bigger stage for a better capacity.

To fill in the gap Club Obi Wan becomes a full time karaoke bar with Thursdays to Sundays being Adult karaoke nights. Club Obi Wan also began to sell glowcubes in there drinks for no additional cost. However Club Obi Wan became a place where you needed to pay to enter if you are not a passholder. The entry fee on weekends is S$7.50, and on weekdays S$5.50 while kids are free.

Dance the Night -
Located in the largest stage in Singapore.....Disneyland Resort property, is Dance the Night a highly entertaining musical act. Throughout the night a Singaporean local band plays sets, in between each set is a DJ which comes out to mix music. Highly energetic dancers come out during the latter performance to dance with the guests, and on various platforms built in the performance area.

glowfest_atnight2010kw.jpg

During performances guests will have various other things are happening to make this the premiere clubbing locale for Singapore. Bubble blowing machines spew out a slew of bubbles. A large screen acting as the backdrop of the stage shows the guests dancing down below thanks to motion capture technology. Large lighting rigs project color changing spotlights down towards the guests.

In the venue will be various kiosks and food trucks allowing guests to get drinks, small food items, and merchandise among other things while they dance. There will be a kiosk where guests can get glow face painted, another kiosk where guests can get glowing henna style tattoos, and the final kiosk sells light up merchandise. There will be food truck that serves glowtinis and glowjitos among a choice selection of tap beers. Another food truck will be sponsored by Wendy's - An American Kitchen, here there will be a place to grab some nuggets, fries, and soda or water.

tumblr_nkgpscG1zA1qitgcyo1_500.jpg

Countdown -
Starting at 12:30 AM nightly, Countdown has guests reliving New Year's Eve every weekend. Countdown will be hosted by the DJ. Using the projection scrim a countdown starting from 10 is shown. Once it becomes New Years small fireworks go off followed by plenty of of confetti. This is followed by plenty of firecrackers going off. After the countdown glowing Chinese lions come out to dance in the streets, while the dancers from the DJ's performance come out to play. The live band of the night comes out to play their music as well. Giant glowing hamster balls roll out, and guests will be allowed to try rolling around them. As Countdown begins to end two glowing Chinese dragons come out; afterwards the dragons and lions return to backstage. As everything else stays for the duration of the event.

Standard Pack - Comes with room rate
The Classics (Bolded in red in list)

Combo Pack(s) S$7.75
Family Pack (WDAS, Pixar)
Teen Pack (Pixar, Live Action Disney, Disney Channel)

Add-ons
Muppets Pack S$2.50
Ghibli Pack S$2.50
Pixar Pack S$4.50
Disney Channel Pack S$4.50
Live Action Pack S$4.50
WDAS Pack S$5.50

Walt's Early Years
Trolley Troubles - 1927
Steamboat Willie - 1928
The Flowers and the Trees - 1932
The Three Little Pigs - 1933
The Wise Little Hen - 1934
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - 1937

The Fantastic Forties
Pinocchio - 1940

Fantasia - 1940
Dumbo - 1941
Babmi - 1942
Saludos Amigos - 1943
The Three Caballeros - 1945
Peter and the Wolf - 1946
The Legend of Pecos Bill - 1948
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad - 1949

The Unforgettable Fifties
Cinderella - 1950

Alice in Wonderland - 1951
Peter Pan - 1953
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - 1954
Lady and the Tramp - 1955
Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier - 1955
Davy Crockett and the River Pirates - 1956
Sleeping Beauty - 1959

The Spectacular Sixties
Swiss Family Robinson - 1960
101 Dalmatians - 1961
The Parent Trap - 1961
Babes in Toyland - 1961
The Sword in the Stone - 1963
Mary Poppins - 1964
The Jungle Book - 1967

The Love Bug - 1968

The Silly Seventies
The Aristocats - 1970
Bedknobs and Broomsticks -1971
Robin Hood - 1973
Herbie Rides Again - 1974
Freaky Friday - 1976
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 1977
The Rescuers - 1977
The Muppet Movie - 1979

The Ecstatic Eighties
The Fox and the Hound - 1981
The Great Muppet Caper - 1981
Tron - 1982
The Muppets Take Mahattan - 1984
Splash - 1984
Good Morning, Vietnam! - 1987
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - 1988
My neighbor, Torotoro - 1988
Dead Poet's Society - 1989
Kiki's Delivery Service - 1989
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - 1989
The Little Mermaid - 1989

The Never Ending Nineties
Rescuers Down Under - 1990
Pretty Woman - 1990
The Rocketeer - 1990
Beauty and the Beast - 1991
Aladdin - 1992

The Sister Act - 1992
The Muppets Christmas Carol - 1992
Hocus Pocus - 1993
Sister Act 2 : Back in the Habit - 1992
The Nightmare Before Christmas - 1993
The Muppets' Fairy Tales - 1994
The Lion King - 1994
Pocahontas - 1995
Toy Story - 1995
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - 1996
Muppets Treasure Island - 1996
Hercules - 1997
Princess Monoke - 1997
Armageddon - 1998
Mulan - 1998
The Parent Trap - 1998
Halloweentown -1998
a bug's life - 1998
Zenon : Girl of the 21st Century - 1999
Muppets from Space - 1999
Tarzan - 1999
Toy Story 2 - 1999
Fantasia 2000 - 1999

A New Millennium
Life Size - 2000
Dinosaur - 2000
Zenon : The Zequel - 2001
The Emperor's New Groove - 2001
Spirited Away - 2001
Halloweentown II : Kalabar's Revenge - 2001
Monsters Inc. - 2001
Lilo & Stitch - 2002
Cadet Kelly - 2002
Kermit's Swamp Years - 2002
It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie - 2002
Finding Nemo - 2003
Pirates of the Caribbean : Curse of the Black Pearl - 2003
Freaky Friday - 2003
The Cheetah Girls - 2003
Brother Bear - 2003
The Incredibles - 2004
Howl's Moving Castle - 2004
Zenon : Z3 - 2004
Halloweentoen High - 2004
Herbie : Fully Loaded - 2005
Chicken Little - 2005
The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
Twitches - 2005
High School Musical - 2006
Cars - 2006
Tales from Earth Sea - 2006
Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest - 2006
The Cheetah Girls 2 - 2006
Return to Halloweentown - 2006
Pirates of the Caribbean : At World's End - 2007
Jump In! - 2007
Ratatouille - 2007
High School Musical 2 - 2007
Enchanted - 2007
Twitches Too - 2007
Camp Rock - 2008
Wall - E - 2008
Ponyo - 2008
A Muppets Christmas : Letters to Santa - 2008
High School Musical 3 : Senior Year - 2008
Tinker Bell - 2008
Princess Protection Program - 2009
The Wizards of Waverly Place Movie - 2009

Disney's Memories Resort -

001_by_tcool123-daxbp93.jpg

memory_layout_by_tcool123-daxvbhy.png

Disney's Memories Resort is the first Value category hotel, there will be three separate areas where guests can stay. These areas will have three story buildings, with a max capacity at 2,304 guests. Each area is equipped with a themed pool to the respective area. A 1.4 km running path is available to guests that goes around well kept flower gardens

As guests pull up to the resort they are met with a giant camera that has the name of the resort on it. A roll of film is seen popped open sprawled out around the camera. Pictures that guests take, and use the hashtag #MakinMemories will be displayed on the roll of film along with various places throughout the lobby. As guests park their cars, and enter the lobby they pass by the outdoor bus pickup zone.

Makin' Memories Building -

Entering the lobby guests are thrown into a scrapbook esque lobby. A wall made of cut scrapbook pages are set up to act as a barrier between checkin and a waiting area for kids. On the wall where the pictures would've gone for this Disney themed scrapbook will be pictures from guests who have used the hashtag #MakinMemories. In the waiting area portion of the lobby, the scrapbook photo is a tv playing Disney on Demand films, as a way to advertise the sale of the package to resort guests. There will be a large comfy seating area, and an area for kids to color on coloring book prints based on characters from the latest animated movie.

83523e394dbe5167eccf26051e030de8.jpg

The check in desk will be very large to accommodate the crowds of people who will be checking in. At the end of the lobby with guest services which also serves as lost and found. Here a cast member may be able to help with your day by booking a restaurant reservation, buying your tickets, telling park hours, etc.

Past the lobby is the main lobby which has access to the bus terminal, Snapshot Gifts the gift store of the resort, Memorizer Flavours the quick service restaurant open from 7AM - 12AM, the Young at Heart Arcade equipped with state of the art arcade games, and finally the main entrance to the various areas where one could stay at.

A recurring motif throughout the resort will be scrapbook pages, once again they return here, and seem to be what the buildings are made out of. Acting as the railings and stairs are various pieces of cut up paper from time guides, maps, and other things one would collect to hold in a scrapbook. When guests use the resort hashtag they may get posted into the scrapbook slots. Minor touches are added throughout to differentiate each section. In Childhood memories characters from the Disney Fairies line are placed on buildings seemingly made of paper collages. In Joyful Memories characters from the Toy Story films are placed on buildings seemingly made of paper collages. Finally in Fearful Memories characters from the Dr Facilier's Friends are placed on buildings seemingly made of paper collages.

bay-lake-tower-at-disney.jpg

The hotel rooms will be modern, with artwork and other small magical touches themed to the characters for each area.

All the resort pools will have open lounge areas with plenty of seating.

Pixie Dust Pool
The Pixie Dust Poolis the main pool of the resort. In the center of the pool will be a lily pad that has Tinker Bell, Silvermist, Rosetta, Iridessa, Fawn, and Vidia sculptures. The lily pad rotates slowly as Silvermist shoots out water from her hands. Under the water, speakers play music as guests swim. At night the fairies dump pixie dust into the water, and this causes for fiber optic lighting underwater to light up looking like pixie dust.

Toy Roundup Pool
The Toy Roundup Pool is the quiet pool of the Childhood Memories wing. Mr and Mrs Potato Head are on pool floats floating in the pool. They occasionally talk to each other, and make some jokes that will be sure to entertain guests.

Dark Bayou Pool
The Dark Bayou Pool is the quiet pool of the Fearful Memories wing. A large mangrove tree stands in the middle of the pool. If guests swim underneath the tree they will hear Tiana and Naveen arguing about how to be human again. At Night Dr. Facilier's Friends are projected running around on the tree.

tcool123

First 5 Years Wrap Up -

t.png

I was unsure if I was going to include this post, but here it is! This is how I organized the first five years of my project. Above you see a map of the park, but if you notice it shows Storybookland which actually closed. However I never edited it out, so you get to see a mostly accurate map of the entire park. Now here's an overall timeline :

2006 –
Openings:
- Cheshire Stage

- Pirates of the Caribbean

- Heights Exhibit Cinema : Meet Woody, Buzz, and Jessie from Disney*Pixar’s Toy Story

- Muppet Mobile Lab

- Mickey’s Rainy Day Express
Location Throughout Discoveryland and London Heights, Disneyland Park

2007 –
Openings:
- The Disney Studios Lot

The Prop Catering Company
Tarzan Rocks!
The Hunchback of Notre Dame – A Musical
Meet Mr.Incredible and Frozone at Prop Warehouse
Meet Mike and Sulley at Neverland Bridge
Meet Remy at Prop Warehouse

- Mickey’s Waterworks
Location: Throughout Discoveryland and London Heights, Disneyland Park

- Annual Passes

- Disney’s Fastpass
Fantasyland

Pooh’s Adventure
The Village Theater
Neverland
Journey in Neverland
Adventureland
The Jungle Cruise
Discoveryland
Time Warpers
Journey to the Center of the Earth

- Disney's Haunted Halloween

- Disney's Sparkling Holiday

2008 –
Openings:
- Caribbean Isle Expansion
The Rowdy Rooster
Whale and Waterspout
The Pirate’s League
John Brown's Smithy
Wrath of the Kraken

- High School Musical – Live!
Location Throughout Discoveryland and London Heights, Disneyland Park

2009 –
Announcements:
- New Fantasyland

- Purchase of 50 Acres in Malaysia

- Discover Singapore 3-Day Ticket Package

Closures:
- Storybookland

Openings:
- Meet Tiana

Location: London Heights Cinema, London Heights, Disneyland Park

- Tinkerbell’s Garden : Meet Tinkerbell

- Club Obi Wan

- Tren-D

- Wonder Market

2010 –
Closures :
- The Enchanted Tavern

- Disney on Parade

- Meet Pinocchio

- Meet Remy

- High School Musical – Live!

- Mickey’s Surprise Party

Openings:
- Meet Duffy the Disney Bear

- Meet Rapunzel

- Walt and Roy Parking Lots

- Disney’s Memories Resort

- Glow Fest

- Earl of Sandwich

- Wendy’s

With a glimpse of how tcool manages things here's some sneak peeks at what's to come :

upload_2017-2-26_16-12-17.png

upload_2017-2-26_16-12-35.png

upload_2017-2-26_16-13-21.png

upload_2017-2-26_16-13-44.png

upload_2017-2-26_16-14-5.png

Until next time, stay imagineery everyone! :D

tcool123

2011 -

cbd67b8bcee88db9b8afd3df3a1eee8d.jpg

While four months late, the fifth anniversary celebration finally began in January. Insiders claim it was too battle off any loss of attendance that may have happened due to the recently opened Sentosa Resort. However the celebration proved successful as the resorts were at an estimated 90% occupancy year round, and the park was often crowded. Even in the off season. All of Fantasyland has been given an attendance boost by New Fantasyland.

On January 1st, The Enchanted Glen closed for refurbishment with an unannounced opening, and Princess Tiana cease to meet outside of the Heights Exhibit Cinema. Soon came January 11th the day the park will celebrate its 5th anniversary. Here is a list of everything that debuted that day :
Italic = New Fantasyland
- A Refurbished Enchanted Glen
- Flights of Fantasy Day Parade
- Lighting McQueen - Live!
- Tangled Revue
- The Snuggly Duckling
- Tinkerbell's Pixie Dust Celebration
- Gaston's Tavern (Carbon Copy of MK's)
- Bonjour! Gifts (Carbon Copy of MK's)
- Belle's Enchanted Journey
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella's Royal Ball
- The Stupendous Circus Emporium
- Mickey's Phillarmagic
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Stars of the Circus

With new entertainment offerings, and the opening of New Fantasyland it's no surprise that the resort was so busy. Throw in the benefits of the highly positive reviews and word of mouth Club Obi Wan, Glow Fest, and the Discover Singapore Ticket guests were spending an average of two to three nights at the resorts. Word on the block is that New Fantasyland will gain an additional two phases mirroring the additions to the Magic Kingdom park along with a Princess and the Frog area. There is also a strong rumour of a fourth hotel about to be green lit. However nothing has been confirmed by Disney themselves.

Enchanted Glen

Water Queue -

As guests enter the Enchanted Glen they will notice there will be two separate queues for two different experience. The Water Queue is themed to the world of The Little Mermaid and The Princess and the Frog. As guests enter they go through a hedge mage until they empty out under a willow tree which acts is the entrance for the indoor building. WIthin the willow guests will see hanging bottles that light up the room. Various reeds are popping out from the ground, and fireflies are projected flying around the tree as crickets chirp. As guests walk through the shade of the willow tree, two herons create an opening into a seaside cave. Screens are used in openings to show the sea. Guests have met the meet and greet area for Tiana and Ariel.

Adventure Queue -

As guests enter the Enchanted Glen they will notice there will be two separate queues for two different experience. The Adventure Queue is themed to the world of Aladdin and Mulan. As guests enter they go through a hedge mage until they empty out under a pagoda with its curtains rolled down, surrounded by cherry blossom trees. The acts as the entrance to the indoor building. As guests walk around they realize they are in a recreation of the site of Mulan's ancestors sans the graves. A doorway leads guests guests into a subterranean cave filled with treasure, including a magic lamp. Guests have met the meet and greet area for Jasmine and Mulan.

Flights of Fantasy Parade

Lighting McQueen - Live!

Tangled Revue

The Tangled Revue, is one of the two new offerings based on the animated hit Disney's Tangled. It will be filled with songs, costumes, dances, and sets inspired by the film. It will be housed at The Cheshire Stage.

Theater Layout -

untitled_by_tcool123-da58pur.png

Guests can enter and exit from two locations in the theater. One being in the castle hallway, and the other being a pathway in the Enchanted Woods. At either entrance there will be an area to park strollers. At the right entrance there will be a small backstage area used to hide the performers before they appear. The seating area will be mostly benches on elevated platforms. Which can house an audience of 500 people, and with 12 showtimes per day up to 6,000 people can experience this show daily. The stage is set up with a rising curtain background similar to that of the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lanterns inspired by the film will be hanging from the rafters along with various murals painted by Rapunzel.

Stats & Information -

Attraction Type: Musical Show
Theme: Tangled
Amount of People per Showing: 500
Duration: 12 Minutes
Viewers per Day : 6,000

Show Synopsis -

Guests are invited to The Cheshire Stage which is welcoming the Corona Playhouse and their production Tangled Revue. Guests will watch Rapunzel sing When Will My Life Begin, laugh at Rapunzel and Flynn's comedic first words, a festive performance of I Have a Dream, a haunting performance of Mother Knows Best (Reprise), and the finale I See the Light. So get ready for this fun musical adventure with plenty of incredible singing and lively dancing which will wow you for years to come.

The Snuggly Duckling

latest

Exterior -

The exterior of the restaurant remains largely unchanged from the Enchanted Tavern days. The key difference is the change of the signage letting travellers know that they are at the Snuggly Duckling.

Interior -

tangled_by_tcool123-db0z7z4.png

The interior has drastically changed. Gone are the magical leaves growing into the restaurant, and the water droplets illuminating the rooms. Instead guests will find a recreation of the interior of the Snuggly Duckling. With the main difference seating allowing guests the option to sit and eat within the Snuggly Duckling.

Menu -

a59bff92a8dca21141b10f7d8c599526.jpg

Entrees :
- Maximus's Field Greens Salad

In honor of the horse as thanks for allowing them to be apart of Rapunzel's Dream; the thugs have decided to serve a dish that even Maximus would be proud of. It is a mix of locally grown lemongrass, pandan leaves, and wood sorrel. Along with chopped candle nuts and slices of green apple.
- Hazelnut Soup
After catching wind of Rapunzel's favorite dish, the thugs trying to make her feel more at home have decided to serve hazelnut soup! It is served with a side of soup crackers shaped like the sun, and your choice of wedges.
- Angel Hair Alfredo
Angel hair alfredo served with alfredo sauce and some sprinkled cheese. Served with a side of Caesar salade. Upgrade to Chicken or Shrimp for a fee.
- Thuggish Flatbread
The thugs have become fond of flatbreads, and one of the favorites is the Thuggish. The Thuggish has tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, pepperoni, bacon, and sausage. A dish made for those thuggish enough to eat a flatbread full of meat.
- Pepperoni Flatbread
A flatbread made with mozzarella, tomato sauce and pepperoni.
- Caprese Flatbread
A flatbread made with tomato, mozzarella and basil

Sides :
- Apple Slices
- Potato Wedges
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Caesar Salad

4ad5d22fda7024aa9380c5555798530f.jpg

Dessert :
- Tangled Tower Cupcake

A cupcake designed by Atila that evokes the look of Rapunzel's Tower. From the Corona Baking School he learned many unique ways to bake, and has made his cupcakes in ice cream cones. The cupcake comes in chocolate or vanilla.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie

Drinks :
- Soft Drinks* : Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange Fanta
- Dasani Bottled Water
- Lowfat Milk
- Simply Orange Juice
- Minute Maid Lemonade
- Hot Tea or Cocoa*

* = denotes drinks that come with Pascal's Color Changing Souvenir Straws.

Tinkerbell's Pixie Dust Celebration

The show will play once on the off season right after sunset, and twice during peak. With the second showing being a hour after Disney in the Stars.

Storybook Circus -

The first portion of New Fantasyland is the reworked Storybookland now known as Storybook Circus. The roster of offerings has remained the same however a new layout has allowed for an easier expansion route, and better guest flow.

As guests leave The Enchanted Village, they are welcomed by a large archway with two banners on each side pumping guests for what's to come. As guests walk under, the music of the village subtly shifts to the melody of the circus.

MK_SC_entrance-wien.JPG

Throughout the land will be various posters advertising various acts present as well as the attractions themselves. Speaking of attractions the three in Storybook Circus area are Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Stars of the Circus and Mickey's Phillarmagic. The experiences remain the same, but the exterior and location of them have changed. They will be housed in giant tent like structures besides Dumbo. Dumbo has moved to be surrounded by a newly created canal in the circus allowing guests to fly around the crystal clear water.

The Enchanted Village Expansion

As guests leave the Village Square they enter a woodsy section of the village where large trees straight from a storybook grow. A cobblestone road leads the way towards Bonjour Plaza, and a dirt path (cement made to look like dirt) leads to the secluded chateau inhabited by Cinderella and all her friends. Making a right at this fork takes guests onto the grounds of the chateau, but if chosen don't worry simply head through the other gates and down a forested road to Bonjour Plaza.

D23_FLCindy2.jpg

As guests wander into the chateau area they see an elegant carriage, and upon closer inspection it is actually a pumpkin carriage. A small fountain waits in front of the chateau, and across guests will find the servant's house in which the Fairy Godmother has moved in. The house has been repurposed to become Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and allows for all aspiring princesses to get a makeover. Awaiting guests in the chateau is Cinderella's Royal Ball, in which guests are encouraged to participate in a ball that has the dames getting ready with her and practicing their dancing. While the sirs are taken with the royal guard to be knighted, and show off at this evening's ball. However guests may choose whichever path they wish.

D23_CinderellaExterior_web_thumb%5B7%5D.jpg

As guests depart from the chateau they walk through a peaceful wood, fences made with wood similar in appearance to the picket guard the guests from the dangers of the woods. Soon buildings from a small provincial village begin to appear over the treetops. Guests have entered Bonjour! Plaza. Here guests will find a fountain with Gaston, and Le Fou with his brew. Guests will find Gaston's Tavern, home to the world famous Le Fou's Brew, and Bonjour! Gifts in which guests can pick up gifts based on Beauty and the Beast. Walking down a short path guests are welcomed to Belle's Cottage home to Belle's Enchanted Journey. A traditional dark ride made to blend in with those currently existing in Fantasyland.

Fantasyland_Full_17151.jpg;width=1600;quality=60

Cinderella's Royal Ball

Cinderella's Royal Ball is a similar concept to that of Enchanted Tales with Belle at the Magic Kingdom in which its part show, and part meet and greet. It also know as an enhanced meet and greet. The attraction will two sets of rooms to help with the expected wait times.

Stats & Information -

Attraction Type: Enhanced Meet and Greet
Theme: Cinderella
Amount of People per Hour: 200
Duration: 10 Minutes
Viewers per Day : 2,000 - 2,800

Show Synopsis -

Guests are invited to Cinderella's Chateau as she and her friends are prepping for a royal ball. Guests have the choice of practicing to be like a princess, and how to waltz, or practice how to be like a knight, and how to swordfight. After a four minute practice session guests are ushered into the main hall, and show off what they have learned to Cinderella. After the two groups show off, guests are welcomed to take a picture with Cinderella.

cinderella-concept-art.jpg

Belle's Enchanted Journey

untitled_by_tcool123-db3dlnd.png

A - Gossiping Knights B - Be Our Guest C - West Wing D - Wolves E - Beast and Belle F - Beauty and the Beast G - Castle Battle H - Transformation I - Finale

Queue -

As guests leave the village, and journey towards Belle's house they will notice how the exterior is a faithful recreation of the home from the film. Upon entering nothing seems to be out of the ordinary in this cottage. It will be simple with gas lit lamps hanging from the ceiling illuminating the queue. On the walls there will be various paintings in simple frames depicting landscapes throughout 18th century France. One landscape painting in the queue is of a green forest, with an ornate castle peeking out of the woods. A bolt of lightning hits the castle ever so often causing the painting to change. The woods obtain a shroud of fog, the trees become old and decaying, and the castle becomes dark and mysterious.

Depending on the amount of people in the park guests will now either continue indoors, or go to the outdoor portion of the queue. In the outdoor section guests will enter the hen coop/farmhouse section of the cottage.On the walls bags of chicken feed hang, slots in the wall have nests for the chickens. Some nests have eggs in them, others are empty, and one has gears, nuts, and a screw. Off in a corner lies Maurice's wood chopping machine, occasionally mist shoots out at guests cooling down guests. Guests soon renenter the cottage.

When guests renter they are met with a recreation of the queue found at Maurice's cottage at Magic Kingdom. Eventually guests will reach the first area once more, and are prepped to enter the preshow room.

Preshow -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlIfOsP0dk8

Ride Stats & Info -

Attraction Type: Traditional Dark Ride
Vehicle: Enchanted Carriage
Theme: Beauty and the Beast
Amount of People per Vehicle: 4
Duration: 3 Minutes
Riders per Hour : 600
Riders per Day : 6,000 - 8,400
Ticket Rating : C-Ticket

Ride Experience -

As guests leave behind the cottage, and into a hall they see decrypt carriages without driver magically rolling through. It's top is cut off, and the sides are outlined with gold. It is reminiscent to the carriage from the original.

Beauty+and+the+Beast+Spider+coach.png

Safety Spiel : Bonjour! You are about to embark on an enchanted journey through a cursed castle. We ask of you to refrain from flash photography and external video lighting. Please keep your arms, candles, spouts, and claws within the carriage at all time. Merci!

Room 1 : Gossip

As the carriages leave the loading area, they enter a castle hall. Three knights are aligned against a wall. They are talking amongst themselves, and as the carriages roll by there heads slowly follow.

Suit #1 : ZZZzzzzzZZZ
Suit #2 : Wake up you old tin can!
Suit #1 : What is it?
Suit #3 : Haven't you heard there's a girl in the castle!
Suit #1 : A girl?
Suit #2 : Yes a girl!
Suit #3 : And who knows maybe she'll broke the spell!
Suit #2 : Oh to be human again!

suits-of-armor.gif

Room 2 : Be Our Guest!

As the vehicles desert the gossipers, they enter the dining hall. Colorful spotlights swing throughout the room. Guests are met by Cogsworth on a side table.

Cogsworth : Keep it down, you'll wake the master!
Lumiere: But they're our guests! Besides what's a little dinner without a show?

The vehicles quickly turn around to see a lavish feast spread out on the table. Lumiere is in the center of the table on top of a layered cake dancing, turning, and singing Be Our Guest. A large chandelier hangs from the ceiling with can can forks dancing away. Feather dusters will be circling the cake swinging around their feathers. Beer stains will open up shooting out the smells of the feast to the guests as they sing along. Plates will be spinning. Mrs. Potts is at the end of the table singing her part of the song, as Chip blows bubbles. An eiffel tower made of forks and plates glistens as it stands out of a bowl of punch. Various' trolleys and move around the room with more foods, spinning plates, and dancing feather dusters.

tumblr_n35g11VYR01sntvgdo1_500.gif

Room 3 : West Wing

f2e1ac9a6a2ead625e87089159778e56.jpg

The vehicles leave the cheerful tone of Be Our Guest, and enter the haunting West Wing. Torn drapes hang from the ceiling, broken furniture is scattered throughout the room. A torn portrait of a handsome young man is hanging on the wall, but tilted. In front of a balcony lies a table housing a rose encased in glass, and a handheld mirror. Occasionally a petal will fall, following a lightning flashing from the windows which causes the portrait to change to represent a horrendous beast. A shadow of said beast is projected on the wall.

The Beast : What are you doing here? GET OUT!!!

Room 4 : Wolves

As the vehicles storm out of the castle, they enter a snowy forest, projections cause an illusion of snow actually falling. The temperature in this room is vastly lower than that found in the rest of the ride. Perched on top of a rock is a wolf howling upwards alerting its pack of the guest's appearance. Various wolves begin to appear, and snarl or growl at guests. The vehicles start to rush out as wolves chase after them. A screen depicts the Beast coming in, and fighting the wolves thus saving the guests.

Room 5 : Beast and Belle

The vehicles reenter the castle, and are met with warmth along with a crackling fire. Facing guests is Belle holding a steaming hot towel. The Beast is seen in his chair, reaching out to Belle allowing her to clean up the cuts he acquired from the wolves.

Beast : Thank you for saving my life.
Belle : You're welcome.

The two look up/down at each other, perhaps there bonding? Either way a few notes of Something There is played in the background.

Room 6 : Beauty and the Beast

The vehicles enter a grand ball room. A large ornate ceiling hands from the ceiling, as a mural of angels in clouds decorates the ceiling. As guests move through the room they will notice that the angels actually move too looking down at the dancing couple below. On a trolley Mrs. Potts is stationed singing the titular song. Belle and the Beast dance, and move around the ballroom, as the vehicles turn to face the dancers at all times. As the vehicles leave, the vehicles turn to face the exit.

Lumiere : "Sacre bleu! Invaders!"

Room 7 : Castle Battle

The following room is made up of screens, and on the screens show various scenes from the battle between the villagers, and the enchanted objects. As the vehicles leave the room, above through the use of projection, and forced perspective it looks like Gaston stabs The Beast.

Room 8 : Transformation

The vehicles meander onto a balcony. Once again through a screen the Beast is transforming as the rose regains its petals.

Enchantress : You have learned to love another, and earned their love in return. The curse has been broken!

Room 9 : Finale

Guests enter another castle hallway. However it is sparsely decorated sans for a stained glass window, that opens up to the exit.

latest

See you all next time in 2012! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom