Disneyland Resort Texas

MaterA113

Original Poster
Hello everyone!
Sorry it has taken so long to post the Kingdoms of Adventure, but i have been SO busy with school and exams. Hopefully i can start posting this week becasue i am now on spring break. So please stay tuned..

THanks Again

MaterA113

Original Poster
FInally what you all have been waiting for.... Disney's Kingdom of Adventure.

First off, is Oasis.

Oasis- the welcoming area most similar to Disney's Animal Kingdom land
1- Mystic Rhythms
2- Oasis Animal Trails
a- Creature Comforts
b- Garden Gate Gifts

(First off, this land isnt really much, it really is just the entrance area and beginner land to the park, if you have any ideas to improve this area, or have a new theme idea for it PLEASE POST it I KNOW THIS NEEDS HELP)

This land will be a jungle/ oasis area of the park, similar to DAK's with many trees and water features and such. Once in the parkand past the turnstiles, you pass (b) Garden Gate Gifts, a small souviner shop near the entrance of the park to get camera supplies and such. THen in front of you is (2) Oasis Animal Trails, similar to the animal trails at DAKs Oasis and Discovery Island, a combination of them, with flemingos, parrots, monkeys, and such. Continuing on is (a) Creature COmforts, on the far right. THis shop featrues mostly clothes and some other souviners. FInally moving to the left of OAT is (1) Mystic Rhythms, a muscial/ dance show similar to the show at TDS in Lost River Delta, where the animals have taken over a area of the jungle and made it their own and presnet a show several times a day. Once around the OAT you come the bridge that leds you to... Mysterious Cove.

As i said before, if you have ANY ideas for this area, PLEASE POST. I know this land is not that good. I should post Mysterious Cove, either tomorrow or later today. Adios All.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Yeah Disneyson1 you are right, i am missing a restaurant, i didnt realize that. I think i will just put Flame Tree Barbeque that i placed in my Deep Jungle section. It is the restaurant from Disney's Animal Kingdoms Discovery Island. THanks again...

Later today i should be posting Mysterious Cove....

MaterA113

Original Poster
Mysterious Cove
3- Journey to the Center of the Earth
4- 20,000 Leauges Under the Sea
A- Captain Nemo's Galley- QS- L/D
B- Vulcania Restaurant- TS- L/D
c- Discovery GIfts

THis land is themed liek Mysterious Island is at TDS, but it wont be an island, just an area themed in a rocky area. Once cross the bridge from Oasis to Mysterious Cove. THe first thing you encounter is a giant volcano, which is the wienie of the park. TO the right near Mythia entrance is (B) Vulcania Restaurant, a table service themed restaurant like the concept for the DLP restuarnat themed to be in a volcano and under ground. Moving around past Vulcania Restaurant to the other end of the volcano you pass, (4) 20, 000 Leagues Under the Sea, a dark ride similar to MK old attraction, with updated effects and such. THen moving past 20000LUTS near the entracne to Deep Jungle is (A) Captain Nemo's Galley, a quick service restaurant serving lunch and dinner. NEar the exit to 20000LUTS is (c) Discovery Gifts, a souviner shop themed to Jules Verne stories. Finallly in the back of the volcano is the entrance to (3) Journey to the Center of the Earth, a copy of the TDS attraction that you tour an volcano and encounter a lava worm.

Well that is it, it isnt that good, i dont think, if any improvements, PLEASE SUGGEST.

Tip Top Club

Hey, I love your ideas! But a few questions. I'm a little confused about the identity of the park. The Oasis section brings to mind Animal Kingdom, while Mysterious Cove brings to mind Disneysea, and both are very different parks. You start out talking about Animals in the Oasis, and then move to a volcano with no animals in it.

The other thing is, whenever you walk into a disney theme park, they hit you with retail. They are spending a good chunk of change at DCA right now to make sure their retail has the right feeling to it, and isn't just a gift shop. The feeling of walking down Main Street is magical, and quite frankly makes you want to buy something, just like how at animal kingdom you get stores and restaurants lining the streets of Discovery Island, Hollywood Boulevard, Main Street, The upcoming Walt Disney Plaza/steet/whatever at DCA.

Just my two cents, I can't wait to see more!

MaterA113

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback.. I know that those two lands are very weak. I sort of want to combine DAK, TDS and Adventureland.

Also i get your point for shops, i really couldnt think of any shops for MC or Oasis, if you have anyideas please please post. Those two lands i Know are very very very weak. I just couldnt think of a wienie. Unless i just delete Mysterious COve and just make Deep Jungle bigger and make my fire mountain the weenie, what do you think?

MaterA113

Original Poster
OK, i think i fixed the whole Mysterious COve problem, I got rid of it all together, i see that it really didnt fit. All of my other land take place in more green jungles and such, not dark rockworks. So i extended Deep Jungle into the Mysterious cove space, and made Fire Mountain the iconof the park. but you will have to wait and see the rest though.

Tomorrow i should post DinoTopia, and maybe Agrabah.

Im sorry but no Kim Possible attractions.

PLease keep telling me suggestions, i love to improve. Thanks.

Tip Top Club

I don't think you should delete it, I think that Journey to the center of The EArth, and 20K are both extremly powerful brands for an "adventure" park. But when I was designing main street and the other entrances for parks, I just looked at other parks. Obviously there's the emporium, but there are also candy stores, stationary stores, ice cream shops etc... With Epcot, their flagship store is mouse gears obviously, because they have the luxury of a massive retail district in World Showcase, but you know what I mean. You're guests will be arriving expecting an adventure, so what about some sort of Adventurers Outpost themed with maps on the walls, selling souvenier compasess with the park logo on the bottom. Or some sort of "last gas for 1300 miles" or something funny like that store. What is the identity of your entrance plaza? With the oasis the goal is to take you into a place where humans take the back seat to animals, but it seems that humans will play a big role in the adventure of this park.

Just some thoughts.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Well overall i felt as if it was the best option because i really didnt think if would fit. Actually, my idea for the park is that you are supposed to be having adventures in uncharted regions, except for those who actually live there. Like in Agrabah the agrabahhians and in Tarzan Island, really just tarzan and the gorillas. I like your idea for a giant store, i really think that the Oasis area, is really the last area that the adventurers (guests) actually have really seen or can relate to, with familiar animals and peaceful and serene(?) landscapes before the chaos and unfamiliar jungles and cities, and creatures from the last remaining and just found Dinosaurs, to Mythological creatures that were thought to be as not real, and in a land of gorillas that one Ape Man lives. Also, in Deep JUngle only the real adventurous have found it be searching for the legendary active volcano, and Indiana Jones was insearch for the Jungle Emerald. And only the real natives have just opened it to "tourists" to see the Jungle Cruise and Jungle Expedition. Do you understand? it seems a bit confusing to me at least so i am trying to meld the different worlds into one.

I really dont know, since this is called KIngdoms of Adventure, i was just sort of broad. So, i think i will redo Oasis, and reconfigure it. I wont delete everything, just move everything around.

Thanks so much for the input and suggestions i really appreciate them. I really hope you understand my story, because it is a bit confusing.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok , think i figured it out. I rearranged my park layout and i think i works and tells a story better. The Oasis land is the gateway between civilization and the wild, correct. So, the farther you get from Oasis, the farther you get from the known and then closer to the unknown. You have Oasis, then to the left is Agrabah (a small town at the outskirts of civilization) then you enter into Port Royal (the pirate port farther from civilization, and only the pirates know about it ) then even farther away is Tarzan Island (an island mostly inhabited by the wild but with Tarzan and the research crew of the Porters), while on the right of Oasis and above it is Deep Jungle, and the farthr you move away from Oasis the more seculded and mysterious it gets, in the far back is the land of the mystical and mythical and finally in the back notadventured dinosaur land.

What do you think now? it is hard to explain, tomorrow i should post the map

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok so i redid the whole park and added somethings and got rid of others. I redid the layout and i think it makes more sense.

So here is the redo of Oasis....

Oasis
1-Mystic Rhythms
2- Oasis Animal Trails
3- Adventure Boats
A- Flame Tree Barbeque- QS- L/D
B- the Watering Hole- TS- B/L/D
a- Creature Comforts
b- Garden Gate Gifts
c- Civilian Mercantile

Oasis is the last land that is familiar to the adventurers it is where the people and animals live in harmony and are one with each other. Venturing past Oasis will reveal the real world of the Jungle and uncharted territories. Entering into the Oasis you pass by (b) Gardeen Gate Gifts, on the left, this small shop has the supplies for your adventure that is about to begin, it has a small seclection of cameras, film, ponchos, and a few souviners. THen on the right is (a) Creature Comforts, a little bigger shop that has many clothes and a few souviners. Moving inward towards Oasis, you come across (c) Civilian Merchantile, the very last main shop before you adventure begins. It is the SOUVNINER shop of park, like the emporium, or island merchanitle, or mouse gears. Behind GGG, to the left is (2) Oasis Animal Trails, a peaceful and serene walk through the forest/ jungle of Oasis, as you pass by several animals and watering holes. SUch as flemingos, anteaters, and parrots. Near the exit to OAT is (B) The Watering Hole, a table service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner that give a unique view of the animals of OAT and you can eat next the giant plexiglass window that overlooks the trails and come up close to some of the animals as you eat. On the right across from CM is (A) Flame Tree Barbeque, a quick service restaurant serving lunch and dinner similar to the one at DAK on Discovery ISland. Behind, FTBBQ, on the shore is (3) Adventure Boats, the tour boats of Disney's Kingdom of Adventure that takes you on a journey and stops at Deep Jungle, Agrabah, and Tarzan Island. Finally, near the small entrance to Agrabah is (1) Mystic Rhythms, a show from TDS that lets the animals tell the story of life in the jungle in a reclaimed plane hanger.

Ok, what do you guys think, do you like the improvements? PLEase comment. Maybe later today or tomorrow i will post Agrabah.

Tip Top Club

I love the new Oasis! Great! I'm still a bit confused about how animals fit in the park, but hopefully that'll clear up when you continue!

Great!

MaterA113

Original Poster
TTC to tell you the truth i really dont know why the animals are in it anyways. I know not good, but it just seem slike a good place to put them i dont know. I will think about it.

On to Agrabah...

Agrabah
4- Adventure Boats
5- Aladdin--the Musical Spectacular
6- Flying Carpets of Agrabah
7- Caravan Carousel
8- Cave of WOnders
9- Adventures in Agrabah
10- Jasmine's Royal Guard Recruitment and Jasmine's Royal Wedding
C- Sultan's Oasis- CD- BLD
D- Agrabah Cafe- TS- LD
d- Genies
e- Agrabah Marketplace
f- Abu's Bazaar

Entering from Oasis, you enter into an Arabian world with sand stone buldings everywhere, and inthe distance you see the golden palace. This is a world of Agrabah, the home of ALaddin and friends. ONce in the land you start off in the far outskirts of the town and on the left is (8) Cave of WOnders, a rollercoaster through the Cave with Genie and the Magic Carpet to try to escape the cave from collapsing on them. ON the right is (f) Abu's Bazaar, a small shop featuring items from the movie Aladdin. Moving on venturing towards the middle of town you have (D) Agrabah Cafe, that is on the water, a table service restaurant serving lunch and dinner, that overlooks the waterway. Behind the restaurant, near the bridge to Deep JUngle is (4) Adventure Boats, your transportation around the Kingdoms. Moving on, next to the Cave of WOnders is (9) Adventures in Agrabah, a dark ride themed to Aladdin's story of adventure and love in the city of Agrabah, from meeting the Genie, to Prince Ali, and finally defeating Evil Jafar, all is in this attraction. Near the exit to AoA is (6) Flying Carpets of Agrabah, a dumbo type attraction similar to the one at MK and WDSP. Across the way near the town square is (d) Genies, a high end glass shop full of blown glass and such, and crystals, near Agrabah Cafe. Behind Genies is (e) Agrabah Marketplace, the souviner area of this land of enchantment. Features simiar items as the shops in Adventureland at MK. Moving closer to the Sultan's Palace, you see (7) Caravan Carousel, to the right of it near the bridge to Port Royal. This double decker carousel similar to the one at TDS's Araabian Coast. Now at the palace, infront is (10) the Palace Stage, featuring two shows daily. The first is Jasmine's ROyal Guard Recruitment, this show is an interactive show similar to the one that took place at MK during the Princess and Pirate Party, this takes place about 5 times a day. THe second show is Jasmine's Royal Wedding, a once daily show near sundown featuring all the character of ALaddin, and it incorporates most of the areas of Agrabah from the Palace all the way to the outskirts and Cave of Wonders. Inside the Sultan's Palace is (5) Aladdin--a Musical Spectacular, on the left, with an entrance near AoA. THis muscail show is similar to the one at DCA's Hollywood Backlot. And finally on the right side of the castle is (C) Sultan's Oasis, a character dining experience serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Featuring characters of Aladdin, Jasmine, Abue and more. This restaurant is inside and outside, with seating in the chair room and also in the Sultan's Garden featuring many fountains and topiaries.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Yeah sorry no KIM POSSIBLE for this park. On to Port Royal, the home port for the Pirates in the remote regions of the world...

Port Royal
11- Pirates of the Carribbean
12- Pirate Mountain
13- Port Royal Theatre presnts Pirates Ahoy!
14- Captain Jack SParrows Pirate Tutorial
15- Courtyard of Pirates
E- Blue Lagoon Restaurant- TS- LD
F- Tortuga- CD-LD
g- Golden Galleon
h- Pirate Treasure

Welcome to Port Royal the home to many of the worst pirates of the world. This is the home to the worlds most remote pirates, few know of this place. Entering from Deep Jungle, you first encounter (15) Courtyard of Pirates, on the right, along the water. CoP presents two daily shows. The first is Mirabella, the Gypsy Fortune Teller, and the second is Doctors of Soul Voodoo Drum SHow, both are presents three to four times a day. On the left is (F) Tortuga, a character dining experience serving lunch and dinner. With characters interacting with guests including Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, and Will TUrner and Barbossa. Moving on, in front of TOrtuga is (h) PIrate Treasure, a shop themed to Pirates treasure and has souviners themed to pirate merchandise. Next to Tortuga is (13) Port Royal Theatre presenting Pirates Ahoy!, a Pirate stunt show that uses land and the water to tell the story of legendary Pirates and myths. In the far corner of the land, near the bridge to Tarzan Island is (12) Pirate Mountain, a splash mountain type ride themed to the POTC movies, featuring Barbossa, Jack, Elizabeth, Will, and Davy JOnes. In front of PM is (g) GOlden Galleon, another pirate shop. To the left of PM is (11) PIrates of the Caribbean, the orginal DL attraction with updated effects featuring the many upgrades that DLP's has. Near the exit is (E) Blue Lagoon Restaurant, a table service restaurant serving lunch and dinner, similar to the restaurant is similar to the one at DLP's Adventureland. Finally, near the entrance to Tarzan Island is (15) Captain Jack Sparrows Pirate Tutorial, a interactive show similar to the shows at MK and HKDL, teaching students how to be good pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom