Disneyland reduced hours

Duane

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Has anyone besides myself noticed that Disneyland has reduced their operating hours this summer? Last year in July, the park was open 8:00 am to midnight everyday. Much to my disappointment, closing time is 11:00 pm this July with only Friday and Saturday nights open until midnight. This won't do me any good since my visit this year will be weekdays. The one thing that disturbs me the most is Disney is claiming to be opening one hour earlier as a result of guest advice. This is a lie. They are opening the same time they did last year but closing one hour earlier. If you include the fact that early entry has also been suspended, we are getting two hours less per day to enjoy the park! This really disappoints me. Does anyone have comments about this matter?

Merlin

Account Suspended
I won't get off on rant like I did on another string, but in a nutshell...You can blame good ol' Cynthia Harris for that.

DLMAGICDARREN

Disneyland is generally closing at 11:00 weekdays, and midnight on weekends for the summer peak season. Although there is no doubt it's not the same hours as long ago, when they were open till 1AM regurlarly,

Still a longer day then the average Magic Kingdom day which almost always closes at 10PM with a few exceptions, and never opens before 9AM. But I don't see anyboody picking on Al Weiss for that other resort.

Cynthia is most defiantly behind the decesions to schedule park hours at both Disneyland Park, and DCA, but it's hardly like Disneyland is operating on a half day schedule. They open at 8AM, so that's 15 hours.

Kellylynn322

How can I find out what the hours are and what will be closed when AI am there? Is it the same as for the WDW site? I really want to make the most of my few days there.

DLMAGICDARREN

The Disneyland site (the official one), is actually much better then the official Disneyworld one. You just put in your day or range of days (up to 10 days per inquiry), and it lists those days, shows park hours for Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, showtimes for major shows, and even events happening in Downtown Disney. I wish they had such a page on the official Disneyworld site, because Disneyworld never lists attraction rehabs on their park hours page.

Here is a link http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?DLP&DCA&DTD&DRH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom