Disneyland, Police See No Threat from Video

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disneyland, Police See No Threat from Video

ANAHEIM (LA Times) -- Disneyland, Anaheim police and federal officials have downplayed any potential secu-rity risks stemming from the arrest of a terror suspect in Spain and the seized videos that contain footage of US landmarks, including the Anaheim amusement park and the Golden Gate Bridge. A Disneyland spokes-man said that the park quickly determined there was no credible threat, and that even if there had been, the park and police have been on high alert since Sept. 11. "We work daily with the FBI and Anaheim Police De-partment," Disneyland spokesman Ray Gomez said. "Those are the law enforcement agencies we rely on. We take our cues from them. If they tell us to step up security, we will do it." Since Sept. 11, Disneyland has checked all bags at entry gates, restricted vehicle access to some areas in the resort, increased security pa-trols and continued frequent communication with local and federal law enforcement. On Wednesday, for ex-ample, police and the Orange County Sheriff's Department bomb squad were called to Disneyland after the park's own bomb-sniffing dog detected a suspicious odor from a truck. Police closed nearby Ball Road for a while, but the truck ultimately was cleared to enter. "What that tells you is that the security system we have in place really does work," Gomez said. "We detained a suspicious vehicle. It was proved not to be a threat. Our security system is working and it's at high alert."

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Merlin
I think Cynthia Harris has done more damage to Disneyland than any terrorists could ever do.

oh, come on..

Her and Al Weiss are about the only 2 Disney Execs that give a damn about the company. It's just that Paul "Buy my Stuff" Pressler is being a prick

pheneix

I don't know, the more I head about Cynthia, the more I tend to agree that she may be no better than anyone else there.

But Al Weiss definitely has my pity. It is a shame that he doesn't have more pull within Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom