Disneyland Paris Vs Walt Disney Studio Paris

icra

Original Poster
I've seen Disneyland Paris and i think is great. What about Walt Disney Studio Paris? I want to see the Studio but i've hard that is not as good as Disneyland! Can you help me? How is the Studio? Who is the best?
Thanks!

RonAnnArbor

Absolutely it is not as good as Disneyland -- there are very few attractions and you can complete them in half a day. I would suggest getting a park hopper ticket (passe-partout) and go to both -- you will not be happy if you spend the money for the studios alone. When you are done with the studio, you can go over to Disneyland for the rest of the day, and you will feel you got your money's worth. That being said, the Studios has some nice things - including RockNRoller Coaster, the Armagedon special effects show, Lights, Moteurs, Action, and several other great attractions. If you have been to WDW in florida and have gone to Disney MGM studios, imagine one third of the attractions, and you have Walt Disney Studios Paris. That has been a complaint about the Studios since they opened at DRP - not enough attractions, and not enough to pay full price for a day's entertainment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ll third it. Some good attractions, but not a cohesive park. More like a large separate land of Disneyland Parc (studioland) than a 2nd gate.

it398

the park. in my opinion is only not as good as the disneyland park in it's themeing and its size / number of attractions.
the attractions that they do have in the studios are very good and the shows espicially Cinemagique and Lights moteurs action are amazing.

cmatt

icra said:
I've seen Disneyland Paris and i think is great. What about Walt Disney Studio Paris? I want to see the Studio but i've hard that is not as good as Disneyland! Can you help me? How is the Studio? Who is the best?
Thanks!

its rubbish! putting it mildly - food court - crap NO healthy options and imo lousy service.

One ride worth going on (rock and roll roller coaster), the parade was half arsed as was the studio tram tour *yawns* and also armegeddon special fx

The shows where good - cinemagique and the other one with the charecters that glow in the dark in it (that REALLY narrows it down i know - but i cant remember of the name!)

all in all i wasted half a day there, then myself and the good mrs cmatt went to the main park and ride on all the cool tacky stuff like the weird boat thingies with the models of the films etc....

and big thunder mountain ALWAYS gets a thumbs up from me, same with space mountain 2 (although i preffered the older one :sohappy:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Take that as you will....

It`s not exactly "rubbish" - but not a full day park, and a shadow of it`s neighbour.

The "other" show was Animagique.

tigger2

hiya

the studios is only a half day park at the moment but.....thay are currently building tower of terror and toon studios which will incorporate a care themed ride and crush's turtle spin - a wild mouse style roller coaster with dark ride section which should really improve the studios.

currently animagique, cinemagique and rock n roller coaster are fab. lights moteurs action is good at first but then very samey.

studio tram our with catastrophe canyon is good too, has an extra section than the mgm one

hth

RonAnnArbor

ToT and the two new rides will add another hour to your day -- they really should just interconnect the two parks, raise the admission 5 euros, and call it a day...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They should have gone with plan B and built Sunset Blvd for the ToT - actually made the park bigger. It`s ironic that a park that seems to appear so nice when lit at night is never seen like this since it closes at 6pm in high season.

The big answer (of course) is to introduce a night time show. Fantasmic! or derivative? Maybe. A water based show (DisneySea Symphony)? Maybe - but with large capital construction outlay.

Ironically, people close to Eisner at the parks opening - on opening day - commented on how little there was to do. Last summer we made a lenghty stay one day - in at 9am, and due to crowds (!) left for next door at about 5pm. We did do all the attractions, took it slowly, and rode RnRC 3 times during the day. It can be spread out, but seriously needs a draw to go into the evening.

Even now mistakes are being made, as I mentioned elsewhere. Sunset would have been ideal to expand the physical size of the park (even leaving plots free for the future, as MGM still has). ToT could have taken it`s rightful spot as a weenie at Sunsets end; not the in-your-face-in-the-`hub` location it has now. Buzz could have been built here, and Le Visionarium could have continued to draw the crowds in a what was a well balanced Discoveryland. The expansion of Sunset would also have a) brought forward the opportunity to create such a night time show staging area, either now or in the future, and b) reconfigure (as rumoured) the tram tour.

It just seems current expansion is a short term, knee jerk reaction to bad decisions in the first place.

cmatt

marni1971 said:
Take that as you will....

It`s not exactly "rubbish" - but not a full day park, and a shadow of it`s neighbour.

Well, yes it is really - especially when you walk out of the park with a sour/greasy taste in your mouth after having to pay extra for admission.

The TOT site is sort of in the middle of the park if i can remember, as for the other two rides penciled in for the park - i dont think its really going to detract from the fact the park lacks substinance. Totally agree with the chappy/chappete that suggests they should just join the two up!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry you had to pay extra.

ToT is on the lot due south of Studio One - as soon as you exit the covered entrance blvd. it is right there. Middle of the park (as of now - if there such a thing) but any serious expansion would mean said expansion would need a weenie to surpass the ToT.

The Toon area will add an hour max to the park - I agree it`s still not enough. Add the watered down ToT and this`ll give maybe 90 minutes more to do in the park, hence my observations in my above post about evening entertainment.

An example of wrong decisions being made is with the Cinema Parade. We saw it in 2002, when it was 3 months old. I went so far to say it was one of the best I`d seen at DLP or WDW. We saw it again last year. What a let down. The pace was faster (the floats must have been ging at full speed) and the original showstops had disappeared. The original version had at least 2 stops, interactions with guests and the "Lights! Camera! Action!" dance routine. Compared to this, last year the parade must have taken 50% less time from start to finish. How is thinking like this going to keep guests in the park?

cmatt

marni1971 said:
Sorry you had to pay extra.

ToT is on the lot due south of Studio One - as soon as you exit the covered entrance blvd. it is right there. Middle of the park (as of now - if there such a thing) but any serious expansion would mean said expansion would need a weenie to surpass the ToT.

The Toon area will add an hour max to the park - I agree it`s still not enough. Add the watered down ToT and this`ll give maybe 90 minutes more to do in the park, hence my observations in my above post about evening entertainment.

An example of wrong decisions being made is with the Cinema Parade. We saw it in 2002, when it was 3 months old. I went so far to say it was one of the best I`d seen at DLP or WDW. We saw it again last year. What a let down. The pace was faster (the floats must have been ging at full speed) and the original showstops had disappeared. The original version had at least 2 stops, interactions with guests and the "Lights! Camera! Action!" dance routine. Compared to this, last year the parade must have taken 50% less time from start to finish. How is thinking like this going to keep guests in the park?

ahhh we are on the same wave length now! :) (although i got tickets thrown in as i stayed on site - so i detract the taste in the mouth statement! ) I saw that parade and it was tiny :dazzle: for the hype/spiel that had been given before, and i wasnt too impressed with the incredibles costumes as well - i mean lets face it - its still a dude in a costume, but they seemed the kinda thing you would hire out of the shop!

How are they watering down tot? i saw them boaring a deep hole when i was there, still cant touch on the mgm/disney studios ride however!

I think the overall plans for the park will be to make it have more of a european vibe to a park - hence why you CANT really compare (contradicts himself straight away) to the american parks. I was dumbfounded by the lack of overall content of the park, two SPELLBOUNDING shows and an amazing ride mixed up with absoloute (hate to say it) tripe in some aspects. Even armageddon wasnt as good as id of hoped!

The evening entertainment, well they dont want to detract from the village which i thoroughly enjoy everytime i go there! But extending the park opening times and perhaps having cm's doing some sort of street entertainment would be a VERY good start. But, i dont get paid to make the decisions! (im just a computer support officer in a reasearch department)

I think the park was rushed anyway - just to make a quick buck (although it had been on the cards from the start i guess...).

Also, some WATER RIDES!! Even alton towers have water rides, and thats in the middle of england! That region in france is wet but still, there was a considerable contrast weather wise then that of edinburgh!

Im going to give it a few years before i go back again (possibly 5 - 6), as i think ive kinda overdosed on the place (ive been there 3 times now and i can say ive been on MOST if not all of the rides!)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep - we stayed onsite too. Regarding the parade, we met some other brits beforehand and told them not to miss it (from our 2002 experience) - wish I hadn`t hyped it so.

The ToT is the one originally planned for WDSP, but built first at DCA. No 5th D, no AGVs - just one drop shaft for each of the 3 `sides` of the attraction. WDWs ToT has issues with the 5thD and AGV guidence (a park map can break the RF signal the AGV uses to communicate with wayside) - but if they can spin honey pots without tracks around a room, or position a pyro shooting globe on a lake in the same spot each night are they trying to say they can`t work around this? Even the UoEs RF guidence wire was updated to the parade inspired puck system. The real sad thing is this version of the ToT a) received huge negative feedback when it opened b) is still considered the cheap version of MGMs and c) even had Eisner furious about it`s short length compared to MGMs - although he green lit it in the first place...

There is no doubt the park was rushed. Disney-MGM Europe has been around since before DLP opened, but -ahem- financial reasons scaled it back and back to the WDSP. Another short sighted plan - a half day park when the very idea was to create more days needed to see everything, bump up overnight occupancy and so on. And then design one and continue to pluss it with no clear, straight forward future expansion layout. As opened it`s already landlocked by it`s attractions and the railway. Brilliant.

Water rides are another contentious issue. In providing funding for WDSPs current expansion, the choice was either ToT & Nemo, or a Splash Mountain for Disneyland parc. Understandably the 2 attraction offer was chosen. The Splash Mountain is a design that has been floating for years - popular rumour is a hybrid water coaster, a step forward from the other 3 Chick-a-Pin hills, that would, like WDWs did, be built over and around Frontierlands rail station. The interesting item I found in the limited info available was the design has a duel channel load/unload layout - unlike any other flume ride I know of.

Popular concensus does say this will happen sooner rather than later (by 2012 if you believe those `in the know`) but at a budget of around or over $100m they just can`t afford it I guess.

RonAnnArbor

Connor, you are right in that it is not a good comparison -- but I understand how someone would ask the question if you have limited time and or money and or need to pick one park over the other. I think the general consensus here has been (and not just in this posting) that it's high quality as an add-on park, but if you only have one day, or must choose one of the parks, choose Disneyland Parc, not the Studios.

cmatt

hmm you could DEFINATLY do the studios AND the main park in one day imo - but you would have to go with later opening times in the summer. But if you want to enjoy a park disneyland FIRST then if you have time the studios :)

cmatt

marni1971 said:
No way - unless you act like a kida and run around from E-ride to E-ride.

Your old bones not up to it? :lol: :p:goodnevil hehe

you deffo could - you would miss the parades but you can do the studio park in three hours - tops :) well agreed you would have to run around like a blue arsed fly but it is doable :)

Bearing in mind however the queues would have to be on top form.... and moving quickly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey! There`s no stopping me at rope drop! This is the guy who made it to a 5 minute wait at Splash when the MK opened on the 4th of July :lol:

(note to self - never do the MK again on Independence Day)

The queues would have to very light - which would mean out of season - which would mean short opening hours. You`d only be doing the D and E rides I assume? No Fantasyland, Storybookland, HISTA, Tarzan, Lion King, Adventutre Isle, Moteurs Action?

May as well save the money and go to Blackpool for the day.

Perish the Thought :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom