Disneyland Paris update

HolleBolleGijs

Quick question: I'm sure you all read the article about the tiered pricing question in the survey a guest received (click here if you haven't seen it yet). Do you think that Disney will also try to pull this trick at DLP?
I think they already do that at DLP.

Yes, it's already done at DLP. They have the Mini, Magic, and Super Magic tickets (least expensive --> most expensive, respectively). The Mini can only be used on certain days (often weekdays), the Magic has slightly more flexibility, and the Super Magic can be used on any day.

JDL30

Looks like Disneyland Paris has just announced a major programme of renovations in the lead up to the 25th Anniversary (some we already knew about, with more specific details - some new).

http://www.pixiedust.be/news9.html

Overview: New cars and effects for Space Mountain, Videopolis refurb, Thunder Mountain new effects and show scenes, Adventure Isle refurb, Small World and Peter Pan refurbs, Animagique and Studio tour refurb and Star Tours.

It's brilliant to see the place getting so much love - I'm off there next week. I love DLP so I guess this will be a farewell to the older, more neglected park as we know it. Let's hope they can continue to invest - DLP really is one of the most beautiful Disney parks (Disney Studios aside), with this and the hotel refurbs it really could be a brilliant resort.

JDL30

Just back from 4 days at DLP - had an annual pass to use and thought we'd spend a couple of days at the sequoia lodge.

Overall a lovely holiday - you can really start to see the love in the resort. Both parks and the whole resort were looking fresh, well maintained and there was a general atmosphere only experienced in the U.S. Parks previously.

BTMR needs a bit of love, broke down a few times we were there, but it's still a great version of the ride, looking forward to going on after its yearlong refurb. Phantom Manor felt completely different from the last time I visited in November - effects working, sound system was greatly improved, same with pirates too. Small World needs some love - quite a few dolls out of action - but overall pleased with how the Disneyland was looking.

WDSP was actually looking great (might have been the good weather) - I think it has the capacity to be a great park, just needs some place making and an overhaul of the backlot area.

All in all very promising - will prob not go back now until 2017 for the 25 anniversary and once the renovations have taken place, but confident the place is on the up.

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
Thanks @JDL30 :)

InsideDLParis on Facebook has daily / weekly updates and photos. I was a bit worried when I saw all those posts with scaffolding up and areas that were undergoing refurbishments, but it's nice to see that you've had an overall good experience! I'm going to DLP in October and most of the refurbishments on the rides will be done by then, that is, untill some of them go for phase II in 2016. If I'm correct we'll only be missing out on IASM but that's ok.

Like yourself I'm not planning to go back until 2017 and even then I have to see what they'll do to celebrate their 25th. But if they keep up the good work like you mentioned here, I'm sure I'll have a look!

Thanks again for the update, great to hear that you had a good time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom