Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

marissieviolissie

As far as I understood from the e-mail I got the next one will be 21-24 sept 2017
And they were in fact asking about other events and distances you would be interested in coming over to Paris so I wonder what they will be doing next time.

Too bad finishing the questionnaire itself didn't let you gain entry already :D

Mad Stitch

I got that survey too. I'd really like to see the breakdown of participants by country. They did mention that there were a lot of Americans there. For me seeing the DLP resort for the first time was just as influential as the race. Now that I have experienced the resort I really don't see myself going back any time soon just for a different distance, challenge, or theme. If they want to expand to additional race weekends I think they will need to draw from the European countries.

hakihea

I go to Disneyland Paris at least twice a year as I am living in Belgium but with all the refurbishments for the 25th, sadly, the park was a bit less attractive than usual.

We even felt a bit bored (Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones™ et le Temple du Péril were not opened) and happy to go back home too but hopefully, next year, the park will be nicer :)

It was my first 5K, now I am training for longer distances :)

PS: Insc. means inscrits -> registered for the run.

Mad Stitch

Pics from the race have begun to appear on the PhotoPass page. I stopped for a pic in front of the castle but it is missing, so I hope there are more to come.

Mad Stitch

Yea, this is kind of screwy. If you search by name or bib number it wants to charge you for the pics. If you purchased PhotoPass at the expo then you need to search by the number on the back of your PhotoPass card and then you can download them for free. But that's just for the race pics. If you want to see and download your in park pics, you need to download the DLP PhotoPass app to a phone or tablet and get them through the app.

marissieviolissie

Thanks!

Wow, 2 whole pics and in one I'm hardly even visible because I'm just behind someone :hilarious:
Second one is nice though. I wasn't far off when this photographer was near Tower of Terror taking "posing pics" and I asked him if he wanted to take a picture of a dead person :hungry: I look like I want to say "oh man... is it over yet?". My legs were in fact yelling that at that point, and I'm thinking or ordering it. It shows it all to me. Not just the pain but also this feeling of "I can't *ow* believe I'm doing *yelp* the race and might *oompf* actually even finish. *pant*" :joyfull:

I skipped the pics last year (buying them, though I still could ). But I might buy from this race.

Last edited:

Mad Stitch

I stopped for a picture in front of the castle and it never did appear in my race photos. My bib had to be visible. I'm disappointed that one out of all of them went missing.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
They have finally put the dates (21-24 September) and started the countdown clock for the 2017 event at www.run.disneylandparis.com. There is no info yet as to when registration will open - when you click on the "how to book" link it brings you to a form to fill out in order to be kept informed.

dreamfinder

A tip for any Americans signing up for the race. The tech shirts are in European sizes which tend to run one size smaller than American sizes, so order one size up from your normal size.

They haven't started actual bookings yet as far as I can tell, or am I missing something? I still just see the register for more info page.

Mad Stitch

They haven't started actual bookings yet as far as I can tell, or am I missing something? I still just see the register for more info page.
I received an email that bookings start today, but I haven't taken a closer look at what time or how since I do not plan on going next year.

dreamfinder

I received an email that bookings start today, but I haven't taken a closer look at what time or how since I do not plan on going next year.

Yeah, that jives with what @Swissmiss had said, but it hadn't opened earlier when I looked. But the stay + bib is up now, surprised at the time though. Seem to recall you guys registering pre 7AM EST last time.

Mad Stitch

I have three shirts from DLP that don't fit. :facepalm:
I thought I learned my lesson from the tech shirts. I bought a DLP shirt in the park and I normally wear a L, so I went up one size and purchased an XL. When I got home even the XL is tight. So if you have the opportunity, try it on first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom