Disneyland Paris Half Marathon - September 2015?

FerretAfros

According to FB, this race was announced at the start of the Princess Half this morning. September 23-25, 2016:
http://run.disneylandparis.com/

That's kind of an annoying date, since the rumored late-September date sounded perfect to tie in with a trip to do the Berlin Marathon, but it looks like they're the same weekend so that won't work. It will be interesting to see how this one goes, and when registration is in relation to the Berlin lottery

Mad Stitch

I'm surprised they haven't made an announcement for those who were not at Princess weekend. Unless you follow a 3 party social media source you still wouldn't know about it from the official Disney accounts.

LindsayLoves

I'm surprised they haven't made an announcement for those who were not at Princess weekend. Unless you follow a 3 party social media source you still wouldn't know about it from the official Disney accounts.

That makes me think that runDisney is not involved. runDisney are all about self promotion (see any copy of Runner's World which will feature full page ads for most of their races)

dreamfinder

That makes me think that runDisney is not involved. runDisney are all about self promotion (see any copy of Runner's World which will feature full page ads for most of their races)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it comes down to some sort of legal thing. France loves to give preference to French companies (nothing wrong with that) and the joys of getting licensing/insurance/something may have just been to hard. Now I could see runDisney acting as a "consultant" of some sort. But seeing how runDisney doesn't actually run the races, instead contracting management out to TrackShack (in FL), I'm not terribly surprised.

Besides that, I'm always amused to see all those ads for races that sold out months before the magazine was printed. Must be a sweetheart deal they have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom