Disneyland Newbie Questions

Travel Junkie

Glad you had a good time.

-While it was said to be a 3 out of 10 on the crowd calendar, it felt like a 10 out of 10. I am guessing that has to do with the compact nature of the parks but man did it feel crowded

Assuming this is Touring Plans, they have never gotten DLR's crowd patterns right in my view. I've seen a 2 out of 10 for a Friday night with every pass unblocked. That's more like a 9 out of 10. If you pay attention to the Disneyland twitter feed, they have been sending out notices on almost daily since Halloween Time started about the parking structure being full. Halloween is packed pretty much every day. Count on it.

The CM's (not all of course) seemed unhappy/angry and overall disinterested in making the experience that much better. This could have been bad luck on our part but definitely noticeable.

Obviously not knowing what you experienced, this seems to be the reaction to a lot of 1st time visitors who normally go to WDW. I think it is more of a California thing. Californian's in general are more laid back that can come off as being disinterested. In reverse I get put off by WDW CM's appearing to be over the top and fake and prefer the "more genuine" approach of DLR CM's. It comes down to personal preference.

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Glad you had a good time.

Assuming this is Touring Plans, they have never gotten DLR's crowd patterns right in my view. I've seen a 2 out of 10 for a Friday night with every pass unblocked. That's more like a 9 out of 10. If you pay attention to the Disneyland twitter feed, they have been sending out notices on almost daily since Halloween Time started about the parking structure being full. Halloween is packed pretty much every day. Count on it.

Obviously not knowing what you experienced, this seems to be the reaction to a lot of 1st time visitors who normally go to WDW. I think it is more of a California thing. Californian's in general are more laid back that can come off as being disinterested. In reverse I get put off by WDW CM's appearing to be over the top and fake and prefer the "more genuine" approach of DLR CM's. It comes down to personal preference.
Sure enough I took a look at Touring Plans and it said it predicted a 3 out of 10 but they saw a 6 out of 10, so there is that. That's a fair assessment on the CM's front, I noticed that type of laid back/disinterested vibe throughout our trip in Cali.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom