Disneyland Mexico

Captain-Nemo

Original Poster
This is my idea for a Disneyland park on the Caribbean coast of Mexico, perhaps near Playa del Carmen. Though it is in Mexico, the region is an international tourist destination, so the park would be bilingual, in English and Spanish. The layout is, clockwise starting from Main Street (6:00), Frontierland (7:30), Adventureland (10:30), Fantasyland (12:00), Discoveryland (3:00) (think of Disneyland Paris's layout.)​

Resort Disneyland México
Disneyland Resort Mexico

Parque Disneyland

Disneyland Park

La Calle Mayor
Main Street, U.S.A.

300px-Union_Station_profile,_LA,_CA,_jjron_22.03.2012.jpg
Themed to Los Angeles of the 1920's, this Main Street has a Golden Age Hollywood vibe, with red streetcars and Spanish-colonial style architecture. Off of the actual main street, there are two side streets: Sunset Boulevard on the left, and Studio Drive on the right. In the middle, there is a Center Street, similar to Tokyo's, that takes guests to La Frontera or La Innovacion.

• Union Station Unique in that it has a large air-conditioned waiting section indoors, this train station is a replica of the real one in Los Angeles. Also here is an elevated train that takes guests to La Innovacion. The train takes us to La Frontera, and on the way, we see the Grand Canyon Diorama.
  • Ayuntamiento The City Hall is the place to ask for information, get times guides, and other useful help.
  • El Cine Instead of an Opera House or Town Square Theater, there is the Movie Theater. Inside, there are character greetings and a movie attraction, which rotates films from time to time.
  • Peluquería The barbershop is where you can get a real haircut!
  • Los Angeles Vehicles These old-timey vehicles go up and down the street. They include a limousine, a Model T, and more.
  • Emporio The largest store in the park sells a wide variety of items.
  • Speakeasy Hidden behind the restaurant, a Prohibition-era speakeasy bar serves up a wide variety of drinks.
  • Espíritu Mansión Located on Sunset Boulevard, to the right of the Main Street, this luxurious Hollywood mansion was owned by a famous movie star, until, one day, she was murdered. Her spirit lives on, along with hundreds of other ghosts in this more serious take on the Haunted Mansion-style attractions.
  • El Cuento del Cine This take on the Great Movie Ride, on Studio Drive, features classics like: Fantasia, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, The Three Caballeros and more.
La Frontera
Frontierland

Mission_san_salvior_del_blac.jpg
This land is dedicated to the southwest deserts of the southern U.S. and northern Mexico.

• La Misión del Desierto Instead of a typical fort, here there is a mission, typical of New Mexico, California or Arizona, surrounded by cactus and flowers. Inside, there is a counter-service restaurant, Cocina de los Cactus.
  • Berlina Pepita de Oro A Western-style saloon serving lunch and light dinners. There is also a live performance stage.
  • El Asador This fancy restaurant serves steak and other dinner specialties.
  • Riverboat Dock Here, we can hop on a sternwheeler or a sidewheeler around the Rivers of the West.
  • Cocina Rancho A classic Mexican restaurant in an hacienda-style setting.
  • Montaña del Pájaro del Trueno The Mountain of the Thunderbird is a roller coaster set on a tall mountain in the middle of the Rivers of the West.
  • Disneyland Railroad Station This railroad station takes us to La Aventura. On the way, we pass through ¡Salpicar! con los Tres Caballeros and Indiana Jones Adventure.
  • ¡Salpicar! con los Tres Caballeros This flume ride includes zany adventures with the Three Caballeros before a final plunge.
La Aventura
Adventureland
angel_fall-31.jpg
This land is inspired not by the Old World locales of Africa and Asia, but by the New World adventures in the Americas.

• Castillo de las Tortugas This Caribbean fort is the entrance to Adventureland.
  • Piratas del Caribe This classic swashbuckling attraction, of course, appears in the park.
  • La Taberna de las Islas This atmospheric restaurant serves up Caribbean-inspired food.
  • Indiana Jones Adventure This Mayan-inspired attraction is similar to the ones in Tokyo DisneySea and Disneyland Park in Anaheim.
  • Disneyland Railroad Station From this station, we head to La Fantasía. On the way, we pass through the Dragon's Lair Diorama.
  • ¡Up! Una Aventura de Altura Inspired by the Disney-Pixar movie Up, this immersive inverted dark ride includes "4-D" wind and motion effects.
  • Crucero por el Río Amazonas This Jungle Cruise more specifically features South American wildlife, and jokes in Spanish.
La Fantasía (Fantasyland) and La Innovación (Discoveryland) are coming soon, as well as the rest of the resort...

Last edited:

Captain-Nemo

Original Poster
Wonder what your going to do with Star Wars, and Marvel?
We'll see!

La Fantasía
Fantasyland
tumblr_mjicopM5ft1r1ogfco1_1280.jpg
This land is inspired by the timeless stories of fairytales and Disney movies.

• Rapunzel's Journey Located in the soaring Tangled-inspired castle, this walkthrough attraction includes vignettes and displays as well as a meet-and-greet with the story's characters afterwards, not to mention great views of the park!
  • Noche Mágica de Cenicienta Riding in pumpkin carriages, this dark ride takes us through the story of Cinderella.
  • La Locura Encantado Merlin's magic gets you in on the action! A Toy Story Mania-style attraction themed to a Wizard Battle.
  • La Sirenita This inverted dark ride themed to the Little Mermaid is similar to Peter Pan's Flight, or .
  • La Bella y la Bestia - Nuestro Huésped This attraction is an audio animatronic show, like the Mickey Mouse Revue or the Tiki Room. It starts with Lumiere and other animatronics singing "Nuestro Huésped (Be Our Guest,)" and then the show continues as songs from the film are performed.
  • ¡Dumbo! This classic attraction is the same as ones throughout the world.
  • Carousel de Fantasía Another classic, untouchable attraction.
  • Higitus Figitus A spinning tea cup ride themed to the magic of Merlin's powers, located near La Locura Encantado.
  • Matterhorn Behind the railroad tracks and accompanied by a forced-perspective mountain range, to avoid it sticking out like a sore thumb, the way the one in California does, this longer and more exciting Matterhorn coaster is also smoother and more advanced.
  • Disneyland Railroad Station From this station, we go to La Innovacion. On the way, we pass through The Black Cauldron.
  • Village Haus Near the Matterhorn, this place serves up German-inspired comfort foods, like hot dogs, pretzels and hamburgers.
  • The Black Cauldron Located near the transition to La Innovación, this ride is an indoor dark boat ride, similar to Pirates of the Caribbean. Themed to the story of Taran, this advanced ride has full-motion audio animatronics and three dimensional sets.

La Innovación
Discoveryland

Train%20History%2031.jpg
This land is inspired by the ideas of great thinkers throughout the ages, seeing humanity through the lens of futurism.

• Orbitron Inspired by Copernicus's idea of Heliocentrism.
  • La Máquina de Vuelo de Leonardo da Vinci A Soarin'-style attraction themed to the infamous glider sketches by famous thinker Leonardo da Vinci.
  • Elevated Train Station This train takes guests to Calle Mayor.
  • 20.000 Leguas Bajo el Mar After queuing through the Nautilus, we board small mini-subs to explore the ocean depths in a dark ride.
  • Hyperion Desatraque A large indoor moorage for an airship that contains a cafe, a children's playground, a cinema, an arcade, and a live performance theater.
  • Disneyland Railroad Station From this station, we go to Calle Mayor. On the way, we pass by the Primeval World Diorama.
  • Space Mountain: De la Tierra a la Luna Basically a clone of the Paris ride before its "Mission 2" reboot.
  • Electric Loop Roller Coaster Located near the elevated railway station, this outdoor coaster is used to demonstrate the capabilities of electromagnetic force.
  • The Rocketeer Transitioning from Studio Drive, this indoor simulator sees the riders strapped into jetpacks to fly around Los Angeles.
  • Autópia Themed to 1950's futurism, a la The Jetsons and similar media, this is the perfect embodiment of American car culture.
  • La Luna Lander Diner A 50's and 60's themed future diner on the moon, serving milkshakes, french fries and cheeseburgers.
  • Guerra de las Galaxias Behind the railroad tracks, this epic Star Wars coaster pits you against the evil Empire.
  • Cantina de las Estrellas Inspired, but not directly modeled after the Tatooine cantina from A New Hope, this restaurant serves exotic, out-of-this world food.
  • TRON: Escapar de la Cuadrícula Located in the indoor GRID area of the park, behind the railroad tracks, this TEST-Track-style ride puts Lightbike-riding guests in a race against time.
  • Aventura de Rocket y Groot Between the Star Wars area and the GRID area, this simulator ride has guests in the middle of the action with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Last edited:

Captain-Nemo

Original Poster
I tried posting part 2 and editing some things in part 1, and an error message told me that it was spam or inappropriate. I looked through the changes I made to part 1 and none of them were spam or inappropriate. Should I talk to an administrator?

Twilight_Roxas

Sweet. Curious question with the nighttime fireworks incase you use elements of Disneyland Forever, World of Color, Disney Dreams, and Once Upon A Time are some going to be in English, and some in Spanish?

Twilight_Roxas

Btw you forgot Its A Small World. Along with Snow White's Scary Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Alice in Wonderland with the trackless concept, Winnie the Pooh, and Mr.Toad's Wild Ride unless there's a Frozen attraction in Fantasyland.

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

I tried posting part 2 and editing some things in part 1, and an error message told me that it was spam or inappropriate. I looked through the changes I made to part 1 and none of them were spam or inappropriate. Should I talk to an administrator?
That's odd, part 2 came up though. I would suggest adding a boat ride to Fantasyland, whether its IASW or something else. Also, is this the opening day lineup, or just an overall description, because I'd love to see more.

orlando678-

Btw you forgot Its A Small World. Along with Snow White's Scary Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Alice in Wonderland with the trackless concept, Winnie the Pooh, and Mr.Toad's Wild Ride unless there's a Frozen attraction in Fantasyland.
Not every park should have the same rides over and over, that is one of the biggest mistakes Disney has made over the years. If you make different rides , people want to visit them all because they all give different experiences, resorts like Hong Kong Disneyland however, gets less visitors, because of it being a park full with copies( except for Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch).

Also as mentioned before, a boat ride would be amazing, maybe something based on Snow White? Where you board boats similar to the Evil Queen's and escape the Queen ? Or maybe even Frozen Ever after? Or something original like Voyage to the Crystal Grotto?

Captain-Nemo

Original Poster
Well it wouldn't hurt putting Peter Pan's Flight since it gets the most long lines along with a trackless Alice in Wonderland ride.
I don't think adding Peter Pan's Flight is a good idea, as there are already three inverted dark rides in the park (Up, Little Mermaid and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.) An Alice in Wonderland ride could fit in, but I think there are enough attractions as it is. Thank you for the suggestions!

Twilight_Roxas

So I thought of this as a example for the nighttime show using Once Upon A Time at Tokyo Disneyland via segments with additional parts.

Once Upon A Time theme (English)
Ms.Potts & Chip narrating (Spanish)
Alice in Wonderland (Spanish)
I see the Light (English)
Part of your World (English)
Under the Sea (Sebastian talking: Spanish/Singing: English)
Evening Star (English Tiana & Naveen talking: Spanish)
When were human (English)
Dig A Little Deeper (Spanish with dig a little deeper being english)
Cinderella & Fairy God Mother (Spanish)
Bibidi Bobidi Boo (Instrumental)
So This is Love (English)
You Can Fly (English Peter Pan Talking: Spanish)
A Whole New World (English Genie talking: Spanish)
A friend like me (Spanish)
Step in Time (English)
Just Around the Riverbed/Colors of the Wind (English)
A Silly Song (English)
A Rumbly in My Tumbly (Spanish)
Heffalumps & Woozles (English)
Just Can't Wait to be King (English)
Brave (English)
Let It Go (English)
Beauty & The Beast segment (Spanish)
So Close (English)
Ever After (English)
Once Upon A Time reprise (English)

Captain-Nemo

Original Poster
The Black Cauldron idea sounds fun!
Thanks!

Here are the hotels and the shopping area. This was intended to be a short project, so I think I'm done for now. Thank you all for your interest!

Hotel de Los Angeles

Beverly_Hills-Pool.jpg
An Art Deco-inspired luxury hotel that is the backdrop for Calle Mayor, influenced by the grand hotels of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills.

Hotel de Santa Fe
adobe.jpg
This value hotel takes inspiration from Native American architecture and from Route 66 car culture, and is located to the right of the park.

Hotel de la Misión
MissionInn_SpanishWing.jpg
Located to the left of the park, this large moderate hotel takes inspiration from the glorious missions of the Spanish colonists in the Southwest.

Mercado Disney
Authentic-Mexican-Shopping-Courtesy-Bazaar-del-Mundo-Shops-1.jpg
A shopping and dining center, this area includes many shops, restaurants and entertainment venues.

Layout
Disneyland%2BMexico.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom