Disneyland Map Frame and Souvenir Box

MissM

Original Poster
My partner finally received recently so I can share what I made with great thanks to @raven24 's help! I was doing a Disney-themed craft swap and needed Disneyland maps. Since I live in Tampa and thus nowhere near Disneyland, I was originally in a quandary how I would do DL specific things but Raven was sweet enough to help. She mailed me multiple DL and DCA maps last month so I could tailor my craft swap items for my partner's tastes and for her upcoming trip to Disneyland in October! :D

First, I made my partner a Disneyland park map frame so she can display a family moment from their trip in it.

dl-crafts1d.jpg

dl-crafts1e.jpg

Then I made a souvenir box from a plain wooden box which she can use to keep mementos like photos, 1st visit buttons, maps, tickets, etc. All the little ephemera and such you can collect on a trip and would like to keep. I cut out Mickey shorts and gloves from card stock and sliced it so the maps can slide in and out. This was based on an item on her Pinterest. (Though the inspiration item was a book not a box. I thought the box could hold more and look nice doing it.)

dl-crafts1c.jpg

dl-crafts1b.jpg

And here's a shot that shows both items (along with a few other things)

dl-crafts1a.jpg

Huge thanks again, @raven24 for your help! She loved her items and it was in large part for your kindness in mailing the maps my way. :D

Californian Elitist

My partner finally received recently so I can share what I made with great thanks to @raven24 's help! I was doing a Disney-themed craft swap and needed Disneyland maps. Since I live in Tampa and thus nowhere near Disneyland, I was originally in a quandary how I would do DL specific things but Raven was sweet enough to help. She mailed me multiple DL and DCA maps last month so I could tailor my craft swap items for my partner's tastes and for her upcoming trip to Disneyland in October! :D

First, I made my partner a Disneyland park map frame so she can display a family moment from their trip in it.

dl-crafts1d.jpg

dl-crafts1e.jpg

Then I made a souvenir box from a plain wooden box which she can use to keep mementos like photos, 1st visit buttons, maps, tickets, etc. All the little ephemera and such you can collect on a trip and would like to keep. I cut out Mickey shorts and gloves from card stock and sliced it so the maps can slide in and out. This was based on an item on her Pinterest. (Though the inspiration item was a book not a box. I thought the box could hold more and look nice doing it.)

dl-crafts1c.jpg

dl-crafts1b.jpg

And here's a shot that shows both items (along with a few other things)

dl-crafts1a.jpg

Huge thanks again, @raven24 for your help! She loved her items and it was in large part for your kindness in mailing the maps my way. :D

Wow, your project came out so great! You are so artistic... Seriously, beautiful. I don't think I could ever do something like that.

I'm glad I was able to help! Let me know if you ever need anything.

erwinalber4

That is incredible! I have a picture of my sister and I in front of SSE at night and would love to try this with an Epcot map. You wouldn't mind if I borrowed this idea?

tare

Thanks! the hair bows were a new experiment. I had never made anything like that before. I found this tutorial on pinterest and gave it a go. It was surprisingly easy and I made these on my first try.

disney-hairbows1a.jpg

disney-hairbows1b.jpg
Awesome. Thanks for posting the link tutorial. I hope I can give it a try!!!

MissM

Original Poster
Where did you find the buttons? I've been searching, but can't find them.
They're not actually buttons. They are scrapbook embellishments! I bought them at Michael's in the sticker/scrapbooking aisle. ;) They are plastic though so I figured they'd be sturdy enough for the decorative accent. They had a tiny glue dot on the back but I used a dab of hot glue as well since the little glue dot wasn't strong enough for this use. Hope that helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom