DISNEYLAND INCREASES PRICES ON SINGLE-DAY TICKETS, SOME ANNUAL PASSES

NobodyElse

Original Poster
ABC7 Story.

"
Price increases will take effect Sunday. The single park and park hopper tickets will be adjusted between $2 and $5, based on the seasonal price.

One park tickets
  • Value: increase from $95 to $97
  • Regular: increase from $105 to $110
  • Peak: increase from $119 to $124

Park hopper tickets
  • Value: increase from $155 to $157
  • Regular: increase from $160 to $165
  • Peak: increase from $169 to $174 "

Stevek

Getting our So Cal pass today. Interesting no mention of the removal of monthly payments.

In addition to the single-day prices, the SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe annual passes will increase between $10 and $20.

The SoCal Select and SoCal passes will increase by $10 each: from $329 to $339 for select and $459 to $469 for SoCal. Deluxe passes will increase from $599 to $619.

Prices for the Signature, Signature Plus and Premiere Passport passes will not change.

Curious Constance

I'm hoping the removal of the payment plan is a closely guarded secret that they weren't allowed to print.

I wonder if the multi-day tickets are increasing or if I just bought them early for nothing.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Disney is doing an excellent job at alienating it's core local fanbase. The feeling in my hometown, which is the wealthiest city in OC, is unanimously against forking over their money to Disney anymore. Every time I mention Disney to friends, all they do is ridicule how expensive it has gotten. And we remember what it was like 10 years ago, when it was nearly half the price to get in and we still had rides like Tower of Terror, and didn't have to battle insane crowds. We all go to Knott's now. It's a third of the price AND they keep adding rides and care about preserving their history.

Disney needs to stop pricing Disneyland like it is WDW. It is a local's park. If there's two things locals hate, it's unmanageable crowd levels and being ripped off.

Stevek

Disney is doing an excellent job at alienating it's core local fanbase. The feeling in my hometown, which is the wealthiest city in OC, is unanimously against forking over their money to Disney anymore. Every time I mention Disney to friends, all they do is ridicule how expensive it has gotten. And we remember what it was like 10 years ago, when it was nearly half the price to get in and we still had rides like Tower of Terror, and didn't have to battle insane crowds. We all go to Knott's now. It's a third of the price AND they keep adding rides and care about preserving their history.

Disney needs to stop pricing Disneyland like it is WDW. It is a local's park. If there's two things locals hate, it's unmanageable crowd levels and being ripped off.
The parks are packed. Disney does not appear to be alienating enough folks yet.

Curious Constance

So you're upset about the insane crowds AND high prices? I shudder to think what it would be like if it was still priced as it was 10 years ago.

Curious Constance

Removal of monthly payment plan is not happening.

PLEASE don't burst my bubble. PLEASE.

HJTfR1q.gif

The_Mesh_Hatter

So you're upset about the insane crowds AND high prices? I shudder to think what it would be like if it was still priced as it was 10 years ago.

I'm just giving you the sentiment of all the locals I know. Justified or not, that's how locals feel. Poor decisions are going to catch up with Disney eventually. It's obvious to even a non-fan Disney could do more. Instead of adding new rides, their replacing the beloved Tower of Terror or leave the Carousel of Progress building to be a permanent Star Wars gallery. People notice there's more Disney could do to alleviate the crowds than just jack up the prices.

Curious Constance

I'm just giving you the sentiment of all the locals I know. Justified or not, that's how locals feel. Poor decisions are going to catch up with Disney eventually. It's obvious to even a non-fan Disney could do more. Instead of adding new rides, their replacing the beloved Tower of Terror or leave the Carousel of Progress building to be a permanent Star Wars gallery. People notice there's more Disney could do to alleviate the crowds than just jack up the prices.

Well, sure some locals feel that way. Take any business or entertainment option and you can find plenty of people who dislike it for one reason or another. That doesn't matter. What does matter is still plenty of people do not feel that way. Still find Disney worthwhile and fork over the money for it. Obviously most don't choose to do what you do and go to Knotts Berry. Attendance numbers tell us that. Disney has added rides and more are on the way. That's not going to help with crowds either, they'll just made the demand that much higher.

BrianLo

I'm not going to pretend DL is 100% perfect...

But you seem to be forgetting a certain park makeover that occurred in the last 10 years, a huge anniversary with multiple additions and a certain major expansion occurring now. Plus those other 'things' we have the priveledge of knowing about here.

DLR is a close runner up to Hong Kong in terms of the last decade. Yes, even the beloved Tokyo. I don't mean to imply locals needs to get over the tower, but they need to wake up a little bit that there is a lot more going on. The tower is a fixation for people - rightly or wrongly.

And yes, more could be done. Certainly more could have been done. But it's heading the correct direction and isn't starting from the basement like WDW is embarking from.

RMichael21

I can tell you, while there are certainly plenty of locals at DLR, there are plenty of tourists as well. I know many people who've abandoned their annual or bi-annual trips to WDW in favor of DLR.

Curious Constance

I can tell you, while there are certainly plenty of locals at DLR, there are plenty of tourists as well. I know many people who've abandoned their annual or bi-annual trips to WDW in favor of DLR.

And the tourists are willing to shell out insane prices to stay at the Disney properties. Isn't it something like 90%+ occupancy? As much as I hate how high they are priced, and despite the fact that I'm not willing to pay those prices, I have to admit, if they are still selling out rooms at those prices, they are in line with supply and demand.

Curious Constance

I'm not going to pretend DL is 100% perfect...

But you seem to be forgetting a certain park makeover that occurred in the last 10 years, a huge anniversary with multiple additions and a certain major expansion occurring now. Plus those other 'things' we have the priveledge of knowing about here.

DLR is a close runner up to Hong Kong in terms of the last decade. Yes, even the beloved Tokyo. I don't mean to imply locals needs to get over the tower, but they need to wake up a little bit that there is a lot more going on. The tower is a fixation for people - rightly or wrongly.

And yes, more could be done. Certainly more could have been done. But it's heading the correct direction and isn't starting from the basement like WDW is embarking from.

DCA 2.0 Buena Vista Street makeover
Carsland
Star Wars Land
Marvel Land
Probable Frozen/Fantasyland expansion
Mickey ride at DCA?
Fireworks/parades
Looks like DCA is getting a new parade soon too.

And this is just off the top of my head, in the last what 8 years? Disneyland Resort is getting major attention. It's an extremely exciting time to be a DLR fan.

yookeroo

Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll add a new land soon.

TP2000

The feeling in my hometown, which is the wealthiest city in OC, is unanimously against forking over their money to Disney anymore.

Oh, my gosh! You live in Villa Park too? I thought I was alone here. I'll keep an eye out for you down at the Fresh Fare. I'm the distinguished gentleman, not too far from the avatar I've chosen, that will have a shopping cart full of steaks and artichokes and Scotch. But I assume you don't look like a running banana, right?

Every time I mention Disney to friends, all they do is ridicule how expensive it has gotten. And we remember what it was like 10 years ago, when it was nearly half the price to get in and we still had rides like Tower of Terror, and didn't have to battle insane crowds. We all go to Knott's now. It's a third of the price AND they keep adding rides and care about preserving their history.

Knott's has done a wonderful job bringing back their heritage in the last five years, after some very bad missteps under Cedar Fair corporate ownership in the 2000's. I still need to get over there to see the refurbished models of all the California Missions.

But not everyone is going to Knott's. From the same industry source that the Register used to site Disneyland's recent attendance, comes these attendance figures for Knott's Berry Farm;

2015 Attendance
Knott's Berry Farm (not including Soak City) - 3.8 Million
Disneyland Resort (Disneyland & DCA) - 27.6 Million

Disneyland and DCA had about 24 Million more customers in 2015 than Knott's did. It's not even close.

It's fascinating that most WDW parks are now cheaper than Disneyland. After today's ticket price increases in California, and a slight adjustment for WDW in Florida, the tickets are now priced this way;

Disneyland & DCA Peak One Day Ticket = $124.00
Magic Kingdom Park Peak One Day Ticket = $124.00
Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Peak One Day Ticket = $119.00

The parks are packed. Disney does not appear to be alienating enough folks yet.

No kidding. This is classic supply and demand, and the elegance of American Free Enterprise pricing a highly demanded product at a price the free market can obviously bear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom