Disneyland in September - first trip question

stargrl33

Original Poster
Headed to Disneyland for the tail end of our honeymoon in September and I have a question (since I've never been there before).

I know that the two parks are right across from each other. My question is: can you walk between the two parks on the esplanade if you are not planning on going into either one that day? It's hard to tell from the maps - looks like they have bag check areas for guests coming in from either directions (East and West) and then separate ticket turnstiles directly in front of each park.

Basically, we are staying at a hotel on South Harbor Boulevard on Monday and Tuesday night, and I was wondering how much of a pain in the butt it would be to walk to Downtown Disney on Monday night, which is a non-park day. If it's just a matter of having someone look through my purse real quick, I'd much rather just cut through the esplanade than walk all the way around the south of DCA, ya know?

TIA! I'm sure I will have many more questions in the months to come. Very excited!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You can walk on the esplanade between the two parks without using a ticket. Only need a ticket to get into the parks. The only thing is you have to go through the bag check, which isn't that big of a deal.

croboy82

Exactly. So it's no problem to get to Downtown Disney that way. I did it myself several times when I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom