Disneyland Hotel Views

nighneve

Original Poster
Hi everyone - We will be making our first ever trip to Disneyland next June (travelling from Australia) and I absolutely fell in love with the view from the premium view room at the Paradise Pier Hotel during my initial research. I just know my kids (7 and 4) will be blown away by being able to see the theme park from the room - especially at night! Plus the rooms look pretty cute as well. But everything I've read (here and elsewhere) says avoid the PPH at all costs!

I haven't been able to find any pictures as impressive of views from the Disneyland Hotel - is it possible to get something there similar to the premium view offered at the PPH? I am 90% sure I will be booking club level, also - not sure if that affects room choice.

Just some info - for this trip in particular I'm not interested in an off-site hotel. We'll be spending 5 nights, and getting a 5 day park hopper - intending to enjoy the pool and shopping, as well. Possibly overkill, but it's a summer trip, and our first (and probably only for a while) and I'm excited! :D

Thanks in advance!

PrincessJenn5795

I wouldn't say avoid PPH at all costs. It is not my favorite hotel, but the rooms are cute, and the DCA views are great if you get a view room. The DCA views are actually better at GCH, but you pay a LOT more for them than the PPH ones. Disneyland Hotel is great, and the pool area is the best of the three hotels, and the Adventure Tower has some good views of DTD and you can see the parks from the higher floors, although only in the distance.

At the end of the day, PPH is a decent hotel with cute rooms and a pretty decent pool area, and it is the most inexpensive choice out of the three. My family typically either stays at the GCH, because it is so close to parks, or the Disneyland Hotel. My kids LOVE the Disneyland Hotel pool area since it was updated.

zooey

Hi everyone - We will be making our first ever trip to Disneyland next June (travelling from Australia) and I absolutely fell in love with the view from the premium view room at the Paradise Pier Hotel during my initial research. I just know my kids (7 and 4) will be blown away by being able to see the theme park from the room - especially at night! Plus the rooms look pretty cute as well. But everything I've read (here and elsewhere) says avoid the PPH at all costs!

I haven't been able to find any pictures as impressive of views from the Disneyland Hotel - is it possible to get something there similar to the premium view offered at the PPH? I am 90% sure I will be booking club level, also - not sure if that affects room choice.

Just some info - for this trip in particular I'm not interested in an off-site hotel. We'll be spending 5 nights, and getting a 5 day park hopper - intending to enjoy the pool and shopping, as well. Possibly overkill, but it's a summer trip, and our first (and probably only for a while) and I'm excited! :D

Thanks in advance!
If park views and cost are the concern go with PPH. I much prefer Disneyland hotel for the design and atmosphere and the special Disney touches everywhere but it does not have the park views. DLH is much more secluded. I also love GCH for the proximity, beautiful grounds, and the California Adventure entrance, but it doesn't have have as commanding views of the park as the best rooms at PPH. If you get the right room you can see all of world of color which is pretty spectacular. If you get the right room view at the other hotels you should be able to see DL fireworks over the trees which is also quite nice. With all that said, I still recommend the DLH because of everything I mentioned before.

Kramerica

I haven't stayed at either (But will have stayed at all three by the end of the year!) but I've certainly walked around all the grounds and explored them plenty. From what I've seen, Paradise Pier has the price and the view going for it. I'm planning on staying there in December. But that's where it's advantages end. The grounds are almost non existent at Paradise Pier, with it being surrounded by parking lots and sidewalks. Disneyland Hotel has some of the most gorgeous grounds I've ever seen at any Disney resort- period. The pool is expansive and brilliantly done. The interior itself is so amazing. Rich in Disney magic and history. Feels elegant and yet fun. This is in contrast to Paradise Piers interiors which feel a little more drab to me. Lower ceilings. Lack of that certain Disney touch that's intrinsically build into Disney resorts- which would make sense seeing as it wasn't built, but rather acquired by Disney.

This is NOT to say Paradise pier isn't an enjoyable experience. I liked it enough that I plan on staying there. And you can't beat that view, for sure. And I'd say that if views are the most important aspect, then by all means take Paradise and save yourself a few bucks in the process. But if money isn't the deciding factor and the view is just a novelty, I think you'd probably enjoy Disneyland Hotel more.

By the way, I know a girl who lives in Australia and now flies out to Disneyland on a semi regular basis. Maybe you're going to follow in her trend. Haha. Let us know where you stay and how you like it!

stargrl33

Thanks in advance!

We stayed at PPH last September and loved it. We were concierge level, park view room. It was amazing! The walk to the parks isn't bad at all if you cut through the GC lobby and pathways. I guarantee you wont regret staying there. The pool has a fun waterslide and there is a glass elevator that your kids will love. I'm sort of shocked at the lack of love for PPH!

Also, if you get the concierge level, you get free bottled water, free snacks and free desserts. Super helpful for when you want to get up, grab some food and head out the door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom