Disneyland Half Marathon

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm so jealous of those of you who have done or will be doing this race. This is one of my long-term goals - gaining the prestigious coast to coast medal!

Texas84

So I'm previewing the race with Google street view (as much as possible) and I'm thinking, boring! But a few thoughts:

1) Running with a Disney crowd is always a blast.
2) Hopefully we have a nice day because running towards the mountains makes for a nice view.
3) I was a big Angels fan when I was a kid. Looking forward to seeing the Big A again.
4) When heading back to the park you can see the Tower and the Matterhorn in the distance.

Wonder if we get to run through Carsland? The map isn't detailed enough.

Texas84

Why didn't I sign up for this? :oops:

DL5K.jpg

Mad Stitch

I was trying to line up the streets on the course map with a Google map in order to figure out where in the parks we were running, but I'm not very good with Photoshop.

They reveal the 5k medal but they can't do the same for the marathon medal? :rolleyes:

Texas84

If anyone needs tickets, get your discounts at gettravel.com. If you call the RunDisney number they send you here. I got a voice message and it gave their web site. I was booking online when the agent called me back and told me you can pick up your park tickets at their booth at the Expo. The 5-day hopper is $210, normal price $290. The 3-day hopper is $174, normal $250. Looks like they will have discounts for the other runs as well.

fmingo36

So I'm previewing the race with Google street view (as much as possible) and I'm thinking, boring! But a few thoughts:

1) Running with a Disney crowd is always a blast.
2) Hopefully we have a nice day because running towards the mountains makes for a nice view.
3) I was a big Angels fan when I was a kid. Looking forward to seeing the Big A again.
4) When heading back to the park you can see the Tower and the Matterhorn in the distance.

I did the race last year and compared to the Disney World races the course is very BORING! You are in the parks only for the beginningof the race and it is VERY crowded. I had a horrendous 5K. Once you get out of the parks you are just running through the streets of Anaheim. NO DISNEY MAGIC, what-so-ever.
There is some on-course entertainment-local high school bands, dancer troops, etc.
I made up a lot of time once I hit the streets of Anaheim. :p

dreamfinder

Thanks for the heads up on the guide. I do like how they have park hours posted in the guide, that DLR hasn't officially announced yet.

I noticed a t-shirt exchange booth, is this something new that they have started trying lately? So you can swap your shirt for a different size? Or are they just separating the gEAR bag distro from the shirt distro?

Mad Stitch

I noticed a t-shirt exchange booth, is this something new that they have started trying lately? So you can swap your shirt for a different size?

I think it’s an informal shirt swap. As in I ordered a large, but wish I would have ordered XL. You ordered XL, and now want large. We both go to the exchange booth, find each other, and make the swap.

Mad Stitch

After taking a second look at that race guide, I don’t see anything about the Coast to Coast medal. How does that work? I think I have read in race reports from others that they place a bracelet on you that is traded for the medal at the finish line? Where do we get the bracelet, at the same place as our bib?

Texas84

After taking a second look at that race guide, I don’t see anything about the Coast to Coast medal. How does that work? I think I have read in race reports from others that they place a bracelet on you that is traded for the medal at the finish line? Where do we get the bracelet, at the same place as our bib?
Don't know but I did notice the Coast to Coast table/booth on the finish map in the guide. Right after the medals.

michele19

Only a few days left!!! Hi guys, I'm coming from Louisiana to complete my Coast to Coast challenge and can't wait. The heat here is dragging me down and can't wait for a different climate. I finished the Princess Half in Feb and I remembered that you received your armband for the Coast to Coast Challenge when you picked up your bib number at the Expo. Upon completing the race you received your 13.1 race medal then a few more paces you were given the Coast to Coast Challenge medal.

I do have a question for any veteran Disneyland runners or anyone who lives in the area....How's the coarse? Are there many uphill/interstate challenges? I remember being surprised on going down right before Magic Kingdom and the interstate loop for the Princess Half. Just wanting to be prepared. Thanks for any help!

See ya soon!

fmingo36

When you pick up your race packet, you get a special bracelet. THEY (race volunteers) will put it on you and you must keep it on till the end of the race.
When you finish the race, you will get your 1/2 marathon medal first, then you'll be directed to the area to get your coast-to-coast medal. They cut the bracelet off after you get the C2C medal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom