Disneyland Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm really curious about this weekend aswell. I hope to run in Cali in 2018, but so far, the news and rumours since Tinkerbell '17 aren't that great.

If you wander over to the Disneyland Half thread, I've asked several runners to give updates on those issues that arose during this year's Tinkerbell. I'm planning on running the Star Wars Light Side, but not if the problems - especially the security fiasco - haven't been resolved. The pictures posted by runners of the security check spots looked like the Magic Kingdom on New Year's Eve.

RunningKoen

If you wander over to the Disneyland Half thread, I've asked several runners to give updates on those issues that arose during this year's Tinkerbell. I'm planning on running the Star Wars Light Side, but not if the problems - especially the security fiasco - haven't been resolved. The pictures posted by runners of the security check spots looked like the Magic Kingdom on New Year's Eve.

I saw your post; glad you asked. I guess more people wonder about the status of rD at cali after Tink, and the Disneyland Half is the next race over there.

And thats just based on Tink. The registration for other races are another issue. We're hoping for the Avengers weekend, but that has the extra problem of not being popular enough. But enough with filling topics up with unrelated stuff.

Keep us updated on DL half, thanks in advance :D

Mark P.

Corral B here, based on a 9:23 pace during this year's Cherry Blossom ten mile run in DC. Hoping to take advantage of some lighter crowds/shorter character lines early on and then pick up pace once we get off resort. Have there historically been many (any?) characters along the back stretch or is it just the first few miles while in the parks?

RunningKoen

I found a PDF with the corral assignment. (And the challenge one over here)

The last corrals look crowded, over 3000 bibs planned for I&J, nearly 6500 for G, H, I and J. I know these corrals are the largest ones, but that's almost 60% of the runners.

If I would run, I would (easily, but not as quick as @surfsupdon ) make it into the A corral and within the first 800 runners. These files are a great ego boost and motivation (a).

Greenlawler

Looks like I am in B as well Texas84, I have been in A the last few years but B is probably right. I would love to get a sub 2 hour but 2:05 is probably where I will finish.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom