Disneyland Half Marathon

Banzai

Am I reading this correctly, the Disneyland half marathon is sold out already?

Edit: just looked it up. Wow. Is this race that popular or something?
It sold out in less than a day. The 10K and Dumbo Double Dare were sold out in under an hour.

Last edited:

Ariel484

Am I reading this correctly, the Disneyland half marathon is sold out already?

Popular and it's one of only two races at Disneyland. So you have people that are on the West coast that want to do a Disney race and those that want their Coast to Coast medals (1 longer race at WDW and one race at Disneyland in the same calendar year) ready to sign up as soon as registration opens. It always sells out VERY quickly...just unfortunate for those that don't realize how fast it fills up.

dreamfinder

It's more than just this race. runDisney is on a tear lately. Expedition Everest Challenge also sold out this week, I want to say in record time. Most of the longer distance races have sold out within a week or two of opening up registration, and the challenges have mostly sold out on the first day. Heck, a bunch have sold out within hours of opening.

FerretAfros

Due to logistics, DLR also puts on smaller events which causes them to sell out quicker. Marathon Weekend and Princess each have 26,000 slots for their big races, where DL1/2 has about 16,00 (roughly the size of W&D) and Tink is about 12,000. Combined that with the much larger and more rabid local AP/fan base, and they always sell out faster than the WDW races

FerretAfros

runDisney just released the new medal designs. It's interesting that they tweaked the Half medal (after keeping it the same for so many years) and completely redid the 10K's theme. I guess we can expect a different 10K theme each year in the future

BqBI14RCcAAXg8u.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/runDisney/status/477461651122176000/photo/1

Ariel484

So I'm planning on doing this next year and was looking for confirmation of the 2015 dates...normally they'll post dates for next year in the current program (i.e. the 2015 Princess Half dates can be found in the 2014 Princess Half program). But I opened the Disneyland Half weekend program...no 2015 dates. :grumpy:

I know it's normally over Labor Day weekend, but still...hmm. Was hoping to try to rent points for VGC right at the 11-month mark (I can dream, right?) so this throws a wrench in things. o_O

ETA: I should also add that I emailed runDisney about this and they gave me the usual, "Dates are being finalized, follow us on Twitter!" :grumpy:

LindsayLoves

So I'm planning on doing this next year and was looking for confirmation of the 2015 dates...normally they'll post dates for next year in the current program (i.e. the 2015 Princess Half dates can be found in the 2014 Princess Half program). But I opened the Disneyland Half weekend program...no 2015 dates. :grumpy:

I know it's normally over Labor Day weekend, but still...hmm. Was hoping to try to rent points for VGC right at the 11-month mark (I can dream, right?) so this throws a wrench in things. o_O

ETA: I should also add that I emailed runDisney about this and they gave me the usual, "Dates are being finalized, follow us on Twitter!" :grumpy:

So you are planning on renting out the grand suite and letting us all crash with you for the race? How nice of you. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom