Disneyland Dining Suggestions

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Original Poster
So I will be going to DL this August. Although DW has been there a few times this will be my first trip. I was interested to know what are some of the places that I should think about for dining. There will be 3 adults and my 2 1/2 year old daughter. Keep in mind that she eats anything so it just doesn't have to be the typical boring burgers and chicken fingers. So far I have thought about Blue Bayou just for the experience and Goofy's kitchen for breakfast for a good character dining location. But what else? I have heard that there are also good quick service locations so table service is not always necessary. I will be there for 4 nights/3 park days.

Thanks!

belle717

Blue Bayou and Goofy's Kitchen are wonderful choices! I like to graze/snack constantly throughout the day, it gets pricey but worth it for me. Loading on snacks and quick service meals lets me try a bunch of different foods, keeps me fueled, and keeps my energy up. My most frequent stops are:

French Market (love the shrimp po' boy)
Cafe Orleans or Royal Street Veranda for the gumbo
Rancho del Zocalo is beautifully decorated and has a great ambiance -- one of my favorite spots
Harbour Galley for the clam chowder bowl or lobster roll
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is pretty good

Then there's snacks like pickle+chips, a corn dog from the cart on Main Street, a frozen banana, dole whip, a churro, turkey leg, a Mickey ice cream sandwich, and so much more.

Gaston's gal

Since you said your daughter loves chicken strips, I thought I would tell you that my daughters LOVED the chicken nuggets at the Stage Door Cafe (between the Golden Horseshoe and Riverbelle Terrace in Frontierland). They thought they were the best nuggets that had EVER eaten!!! Enjoy your trip!

JediMasterMatt

Try Carthay Circle for lunch or dinner if you plan on seeing World of Color. The reserved dinning area give you at least a better chance at grabbing a prime viewing location (you still need to have someone show up early to guarantee it). It's the most consistent in park dinning option in terms of quality.

Blue Bayou is good for the experience as you mentioned.

Our favorite counter service locations are Hungry Bear and Flo's.

westie

I always recommend Steakhouse 55 for a memorable dining experience. I've been there about 10 times and have always had a great meal and only once did I have a so-so waiter. Its pricy but worth it.

SteveAZee

I had a good breakfast at Flo's V8 Cafe.
20160404_100130.jpg

Bairstow

Speaking of Blue Bayou, I really recommend the Fantasmic dining/seating package.
Does anyone know whether Star Wars construction will effect the show in August?

JediMasterMatt

Speaking of Blue Bayou, I really recommend the Fantasmic dining/seating package.
Does anyone know whether Star Wars construction will effect the show in August?

Fantasmic! is down until next year at the earliest due to the River being drained. When it reopens, it will very likely be in a new form.

Yes, the Blue Bayou package worked very well for it. We used it every night in January during Fantasmic's last week of operation and only on the very last night was the reserved section remotely full for the 2nd showing. The seat cushion came in handy for my camping out for Forever for photos as well.

Miceberg

Forever?! Any idea why? #thanksShanghai ?
Closing forever! The CM's that work there have been advised of this and are being distributed to other QS locations. #thanksshanghai probably played a factor in the decision, however the profit margin for the Garden Grill was always a very slim one.

GiveMeTheMusic

Closing forever! The CM's that work there have been advised of this and are being distributed to other QS locations. #thanksshanghai probably played a factor in the decision, however the profit margin for the Garden Grill was always a very slim one.

Wow. That's depressing. It was far and away the best counter service option in DCA, and DL for my money. Tasty, healthy (er). Like Trump would say, sad!

dweezil78

Wow. That's depressing. It was far and away the best counter service option in DCA, and DL for my money. Tasty, healthy (er). Like Trump would say, sad!

Seconding this! One of the few places I could eat in the park and not feel totally guilty. Was always a solid, non-greasy meal. So is there just going to be nothing put in its place or what? That would be crazy as the location is just a few years old and part of the DCA 2.0 renovation.

cjkeating

Thanks for the info. Very disappointing and was planning on eating there when I visit next month. Ate there a couple of years ago when I last visited and I was very impressed. Surprised they decided to close it as opposed to just increase the price to improve the margin.

Curious Constance

So is Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta separate from Garden Grill? Is it in the same place? We've never eaten here. I'm assuming if the Garden Grill closes, but the pizza is staying, they will probably convert it to some other type of food restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom