Disneyland AP Discounts at WDW

judino28

Original Poster
During my last visit to WDW last month I noticed that, on a couple of instances, I was given the AP discount when I noted I was a Disneyland passholder (the Behind the Seeds tour was one of the AP discounts I was given). Other times, when asked if I was a passholder at a restaurant or checkout counter, I would jokingly say "not at WDW, just Disneyland," and it was just brushed off and I wasn't given any discounts.

Is there any official policy on this and/or does anyone have any experience using their Disneyland pass at WDW?

When asked if I am a passholder should I mention my Disneyland pass and push for a discount, or were the instances that I was given a discount just out of kindness from that particular cast member?

Minthorne

I was a WDW passholder when I was at DL last April and there was no passholder discount given. I think it is just the passholders of each coast. I think you got some nice CMs.

NeedMoreMickey

Did you pay for the Beyond the Seeds tour with Disney Visa? I think you can get a discount with the Visa card. I tried the WDW AP question at Disneyland in January but didn't do any good, they didn't give me any discounts.

judino28

Original Poster
Did you pay for the Beyond the Seeds tour with Disney Visa? I think you can get a discount with the Visa card. I tried the WDW AP question at Disneyland in January but didn't do any good, they didn't give me any discounts.

Nope, no Disney Visa. The CM just asked if I was a passholder and my wife jokingly said "only to Disneyland" and she gave us the discount. So perhaps I just encountered some nice CMs during this last trip. I was just curious what others' experiences were on the forum.

judino28

Original Poster
Unless you have the Legendary Disney Premier Passport (A whopping $1500 Piece of Plastic) this would be the only way you were able to get a discount for both East/West coast parks...https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/premier-passport/

Nope, just a Disneyland Deluxe AP. Though, a few years ago, my in-laws had a premiere pass and it was awesome!

I probably just encountered some nice CMs, which I pretty much suspected, though I was curious if there was some unofficial policy or practice. I'm also interested if anyone else has ever experienced the same in terms of successfully getting any WDW AP discounts with a Disneyland AP.

Surfin' Tuna

Unless you have the Legendary Disney Premier Passport (A whopping $1500 Piece of Plastic) this would be the only way you were able to get a discount for both East/West coast parks...https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/premier-passport/

I had never heard of this before today. We generally stick to WDW, but we are planning a trip to DL soon. It will be the first trip with the whole family out there, but I somehow feel that's not worth it. That's a lot of money for a family...heck, it's a lot of money for one person.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm currently a premier passholder, I've had it for 2 years, one thing I've noticed about discounts at WDW and Disneyland is that Disneyland is very strict about their discount. At Disneyland cast members always seem to look at it closely along with my id and also scan it into their system. I would never even think of trying to get a discount at Disneyland without showing them my card.

At WDW the cast members don't seem to look at it very closely and very rarely scan it into the system. And sometimes at WDW they just asked if we were passholders and took us at our word that we were and gave us the discount without even looking at the card we offered or before we were able to get out our card. Perhaps you had some of those cast members.

Figments Friend

Nope, just a Disneyland Deluxe AP. Though, a few years ago, my in-laws had a premiere pass and it was awesome!

I probably just encountered some nice CMs, which I pretty much suspected, though I was curious if there was some unofficial policy or practice. I'm also interested if anyone else has ever experienced the same in terms of successfully getting any WDW AP discounts with a Disneyland AP.

I also have a Deluxe DLR AP.
I have not been back to WDW since 2013, so I don't have any first hand experiences in-Park regarding Disneyland AP discounts at WDW but this I do know for certain -

You CAN use your Disneyland AP to receive discounts on merchandise through the official 'Shop Disney Parks ' app...including the WDW specific and exclusive items.

I was pleasantly surprised a couple of months ago when I ordered a small item, and when prompted to enter a AP number i took a chance and discovered my AP worked.
No fluke either....I've used to app twice since and my DLR Deluxe AP discount is still applied.
A unexpected 'bonus'...!

:)

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom