Trip Report Disneyland and D23 Expo 2017 Completed

Hello! Okay, I guess I didn't think of the most creative title but it does the job. :)

My husband (Brad) and I (Amy) decided last year in July while riding Mickey's Fun Wheel at California Adventure to attend the D23 Expo in 2017. Why? We were looking over at the Convention Center from the top of the wheel and I told him that's where the Expo would be held and how it might be fun to go. He agreed.

When we returned from California I book our hotel rooms and in December 2016 on Christmas Eve I purchased our 3 day tickets (with early bird pricing) to the Expo. Somewhere on some unimportant date I also bought airfare! Ha! We had renewed our premier pass in September, so admission was covered for Disneyland.

Fast forward not to July 2017 and our travel dates were July 12 to July 18, 2017. Hey look at that, we would be there on Disneyland's birthday too! We were hoping that the train and boats would be back in operation (spoiler alert...) they weren't, but Fantasmic did open while we were there.

So here we go!

I'm tagging a few people that have followed my past reports. If I missed you, sorry, but please follow anyway. If you are new, welcome. And if I tagged you and you don't want to read, no problem! :)

@figmentfan423 @MinnieM123 @Cesar R M @donaldtoo @MySmallWorldof4 @MOXOMUMD @JenniferS @PacNWTigger @Tuvalu @Gabe1 @betty rose @Songbird76 @sheriffwoody @bee @blgauger @BuddyThomas @fractal @93boomer @MouseDreaming @ @Wrangler-Rick @PUSH @Mr Ferret 88 @amjt660 @Minnesota disney fan

dizfan917

Thanks for taking me along! I didn't see the bf in any of your pics. :bored: I thought it would be a hoot if you had bumped into him at D23. Thanks for another entertaining report. When is your next trip?

fractal

Marching Band on Main Street is about as good as it gets!

Never new about those old arcade games - very cool.

There is definitely a different vibe in DL vs. MK. Just a bit more "homey" and personal. Loved the report and thanks for sharing!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for taking me along! I didn't see the bf in any of your pics. :bored: I thought it would be a hoot if you had bumped into him at D23. Thanks for another entertaining report. When is your next trip?

Sorry you didn't see your bf, maybe at the next Expo. My next trip is in November, a solo trip for the last weekend of Food and Wine at WDW. Any trips for you?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Marching Band on Main Street is about as good as it gets!

Never new about those old arcade games - very cool.

There is definitely a different vibe in DL vs. MK. Just a bit more "homey" and personal. Loved the report and thanks for sharing!

I love listening to the Disneyland band, I never seem to catch the band at the MK. Disneyland does have that homey feel to it. Thanks for reading!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Trees?? Plural??? How many Christmas trees do you set up - one is plenty for me

Max

Christmas kind of explodes at our house, last year we had 1 large tree, 4 medium sized tree and 3 small table top type trees. They are not all in the same room. Two of the medium ones are on the porch, so more of outdoor decorations. My husband goes all out with decorating the yard too.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Christmas kind of explodes at our house, last year we had 1 large tree, 4 medium sized tree and 3 small table top type trees. They are not all in the same room. Two of the medium ones are on the porch, so more of outdoor decorations. My husband goes all out with decorating the yard too.

I approve! Sounds like Christmas is a very happy time for the both of you. :happy:

dizfan917

Last year we put up (at least) one tree in every room (even the two bathrooms...), each with a different theme - just like each Disney resort - so we had twelve. :) It's fun for me, not much of a chore and it reminds me of the old days decorating with Mom when she was still alive. Prolly one of the reasons I absolutely LOVE WDW at Holiday time! (I got four new trees on clearance last year... we'll see how many go up this year!) :geek:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Last year we put up (at least) one tree in every room (even the two bathrooms...), each with a different theme - just like each Disney resort - so we had twelve. :) It's fun for me, not much of a chore and it reminds me of the old days decorating with Mom when she was still alive. Prolly one of the reasons I absolutely LOVE WDW at Holiday time! (I got four new trees on clearance last year... we'll see how many go up this year!) :geek:

Wow, you have me beat with the trees. We drew the line at putting one in the bathroom though, although to be honest if we had enough room on the counter we probably would. I do have a picture collage of pictures I have taken at Christmastime that I put up in the main bathroom. I like when the house is decorated and doing the decorating, I don't necessarily like prepping the house for the decor or putting it all away.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Another treeohaulic here. Living room both boys rooms, Shower curtain with Christmas tree, several ceramic ones(one has a train that runs through it. But my big obsession is snowpeople. My dh says one more and I get to sleep in the snow. Thankfully Olaf doesn't count because he loves summer:D

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry - only 1 tree in the Max(well) house (like what I did there?)

Appreciate the enthusiasm and effort to do multiple trees - cannot duplicate it

Max

Maybe at Christmas all us treeoholics could post pictures of all our trees for the appreciation of all.

I do say every year that we are going to to cut back but our decorations usually just increase .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom