'Disneyland Adventures' for XBox Kinect

dweezil78

I do wonder why this title was made for Disneyland as opposed to Walt Disney World. Seems like it'd find a far greater audience with the latter as opposed to the former.

Well, how else do you expect them to get people to cough up money for the bigger sequel? :D

George Lucas on a Bench

They made a game just like this for Gamecube a decade ago. You were a child walking around the park, meeting the characters and playing mini-games based on attractions. It was called Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure.

Mikester71

Spent the past 3 days pretty much watching nothing but E3 coverage (thank goodness for DVR's) and thought the game looked pretty cool. Agree with the ones that are saying this game will not have huge appeal with hardcore gamers though. It's market is going to be children for sure, followed closely by Disney fanatics like ourselves. Will it make me trade in my PS3 and run out and buy an 360 with Kinect...probably not. But if I already had a 360 and Kinect in my home I would definitely pick it up.

By the way guys, as a PS3 owner myself :lookaroun :eek:, I have to give kudos to XBOX for their E3 presentation. Was VERY impressed with how far Microsoft has come with its Kinect technology. Very cool how you can tear apart and add to a weapon in TC's Future Soldier just by swiping and moving your hands apart. And the voice recognition is a NICE touch too! Job well done Microsoft!!!! :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Spent the past 3 days pretty much watching nothing but E3 coverage (thank goodness for DVR's) and thought the game looked pretty cool. Agree with the ones that are saying this game will not have huge appeal with hardcore gamers though. It's market is going to be children for sure, followed closely by Disney fanatics like ourselves. Will it make me trade in my PS3 and run out and buy an 360 with Kinect...probably not. But if I already had a 360 and Kinect in my home I would definitely pick it up.

By the way guys, as a PS3 owner myself :lookaroun :eek:, I have to give kudos to XBOX for their E3 presentation. Was VERY impressed with how far Microsoft has come with its Kinect technology. Very cool how you can tear apart and add to a weapon in TC's Future Soldier just by swiping and moving your hands apart. And the voice recognition is a NICE touch too! Job well done Microsoft!!!! :sohappy:
Have you had a chance to try the Kinect first hand yet?

ssymes

Disney should write me a check for this... I asked for this back in Feb '09! :wave:
http://www.mousebits.com/smf/index.php?topic=4031.0

For those of you who can't see that link, I'm (partially) joking... but I've wanted this for a while now (see link below). Except, I have to admit, my idea would have been a lot cooler:
LOpDV.jpg

I thought it would be great to actually re-create various Disney parks based on different eras. For example, WDW in its first 20 years as pictured in my mockups below. Likewise, this experience would not be billed as a game necessarily -- but rather an interactive experience.

The real bummer with the Kinect Disneyland (to me anyways) is that all the rides are represented as casual mini-games and not the actual ride experience you get in the parks. I think inclusion of these games is a perfectly fine idea, but I would even more so like to see full ride-thrus completely redone with the game engine allowing users to look around and move as if they were really on said attraction. To see what I mean, look at this work-in-progress Horizons restoration: http://horizonsresurrected.com/2011/05/28/simulation-version-7/

This would allow Disney to give us the chance to once again revisit now extinct attractions in a format that now allows for near photorealistic graphics. The potential for add-on packs would be huge. Like the parks themselves, the opportunity to plus things up and expand over time would exist -- opening of course many new revenue streams for Disney along the way. I'm sure Disney will have this in some form with Kinect Disneyland, but it just seems like they only went halfway on this one when they could have delivered something really special and groundbreaking instead.

I understand what you are saying, but I like the Disneyland Adventures idea better. The fact that the "rides" are interactive is cool. I just want to know what other rides they are going to include. Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain :dazzle:. I can't wait to fire this game up with the kids.

Also, I hope they make a sequel called Disney World Adventures. They could cover the Magic kingdom in Orlando, and then create expansions for Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. They could even do a Disney Seas Adventure game. The possibilities are endless.

Mikester71

Have you had a chance to try the Kinect first hand yet?

I haven't - unfortunately my son got rid of his 360 last year to put the money towards a higher-end gaming computer (kids :lol:)! But by what I've seen, it looks like it blows away the Nintendo nunchuk and the Playstation move technology. Kinect just looks far superior in every way with the voice command and such.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I know we'll buy this game without a doubt, but I don't expect it to be a Game of the Year title. It is what it is: a family Disney game. It will probably score like a 5/10 on IGN. As a hardcore Disney fan, it'll probably have much more appeal to us, though.

Heck, I still play my 10 year old copy of Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour for the Dreamcast. Hardly a groundbreaking or brilliant title, but it's nice to have a little dose of the parks every once in a while when you can't make it out to them!

While I'd love to see a title directed at hardcore Disneyland fans, that's an incredibly unrealistic expectation. Think of the audience for that as opposed to a more family-friendly game. We hardly make up a large segment of the public.

I do wonder why this title was made for Disneyland as opposed to Walt Disney World. Seems like it'd find a far greater audience with the latter as opposed to the former.

This will be a must buy for us, as we have a Kinect and a 5 year old.

The only reason we keep the dreamcast around is for the disney racing game!

erasure fan1

By the way guys, as a PS3 owner myself :lookaroun :eek:,
We forgive you! :lol:

I have to give kudos to XBOX for their E3 presentation. Was VERY impressed with how far Microsoft has come with its Kinect technology. Very cool how you can tear apart and add to a weapon in TC's Future Soldier just by swiping and moving your hands apart. And the voice recognition is a NICE touch too! Job well done Microsoft!!!! :sohappy:

Its funny you say that, It seems the overall consensus is that the Microsoft conference was the worst of the 3. Its funny how people say "all they talked about was Kinect..." and how is that different than any of the others? I love my 360, I dont have Kinect, but the conference showed me some things that are starting to sway me. I think its better that Microsoft is showing some dedication to it. It was the fastest selling electronics device in history. :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced the release date, along with some more details and screenshots:

http://www./2011/08/kinect-disneyla...tterhorn-tiki-room-jungle-cruise-and-pirates/

My thoughts

I think this is what VMK should have been like! I was honestly waiting for the right game to come out to push me to get a Kinect sensor and this is the one. (Toy Story Mania was the prompt to get a Wii....seems like Disney's dictating what game consoles or accessories I get LOL!).

It REALLY looks cool, and I will be looking forward to getting this when it comes out!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think this is what VMK should have been like! I was honestly waiting for the right game to come out to push me to get a Kinect sensor and this is the one. (Toy Story Mania was the prompt to get a Wii....seems like Disney's dictating what game consoles or accessories I get LOL!).

It REALLY looks cool, and I will be looking forward to getting this when it comes out!
Download the Demo for the GunStringer by Twisted Pixel. It is Kinect done right.

Finn-Whit

The thing you haters aren't getting, is that its targeted for a younger audience. so therefore i think it looks AMAZING!!! it comes out november 15. its like going to disneyland without flying across the country. Everything is there, there isn't a tree out of place. I saw a video of an imagineer speaking, and he said that they chose disneyland to "start with." So you know what that means, DISNEY WORLD is going on kinect baby. Why wouldnt u love this game, it has games for over 20 attractions that follow the same storyline as every ride. There are shops. You can hug, dance with, high-five, and get an autograph from over 40 characters, and do over 100 quests from the characters, and each character has its own style that stays true to their personality and nature. If u dont think this looks awesome, then you shouldn't be on this site. haha jk, but seriously, you should get it! :wave:

Finn-Whit

I know we'll buy this game without a doubt, but I don't expect it to be a Game of the Year title. It is what it is: a family Disney game. It will probably score like a 5/10 on IGN. As a hardcore Disney fan, it'll probably have much more appeal to us, though.

Heck, I still play my 10 year old copy of Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour for the Dreamcast. Hardly a groundbreaking or brilliant title, but it's nice to have a little dose of the parks every once in a while when you can't make it out to them!

While I'd love to see a title directed at hardcore Disneyland fans, that's an incredibly unrealistic expectation. Think of the audience for that as opposed to a more family-friendly game. We hardly make up a large segment of the public.

I think you can definitely expect a Disney World version. An imagineer said they chose to "start with" Disneyland, because the game director or kinect founder or something loved Disneyland. But if this game does well, i'm sure "Disney World Adventures" on kinect wont be too far behind. :)

nitch

The Disneyland game has been getting some pretty steady reviews, potential for WDW game certainly. Just have to wait for the inevitable DLC phase for this game to pass by first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom