'Disneyland Adventures' for XBox Kinect

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While it is not my cup of the there is a casual market that this will appeal to. It also has huge DLC potential.

I am much more interested in the Star Wars Kinect shown during the beginning of the video. If they can get the control scheme done correctly that could be huge.

draybook

I just read an article on this. I hope they let you ride on all of the rides or at least most. The article only mentioned PP and being able to M&G with characters and take pictures. I will be ALL OVER this game!! :sohappy::sohappy:

erasure fan1

I am much more interested in the Star Wars Kinect shown during the beginning of the video. If they can get the control scheme done correctly that could be huge.
yea I agree, its the first glimmer of something that makes me want kinect. I am so not a "casual" gamer so the Disneyland adventure doesnt appeal to me either. I will say it would most likely be in my collection because its right up my daughters alley.
It's on Spike right now. Looks INSANE!!!! WOW

*edit- Yes, you ride the rides.
It looks to me like you dont "ride" the rides but enter the world of the ride and play a sort of mini game.

Ignohippo

That's exactly it. You enter the ride and it becomes a ride-style game. Looks awesome.

I'm not sure why people are slamming this yet raved about the Epic Mickey game. It seems to be the same basic concept – the appeal of Epic Mickey was being able to run around the park and interact with the environments (the classic characters and storyline of a "dark" version of Disneyland was another).

This is just another step in that direction. The graphics look amazing. I may have to buy a Kinect just for this one game!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
It looks kinda neat... but I'm not into the whole Kinect thing

This. I've played around with it at friends houses and I don't feel the need to buy one. It is a cool concept but not something I need. I barely use my Wii for anything other than Netflix streaming these days (since my Sony blu ray is a gigantic POS).

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
This. I've played around with it at friends houses and I don't feel the need to buy one. It is a cool concept but not something I need. I barely use my Wii for anything other than Netflix streaming these days (since my Sony blu ray is a gigantic POS).

D-Pad > Flailing arms around

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yea I agree, its the first glimmer of something that makes me want kinect. I am so not a "casual" gamer so the Disneyland adventure doesnt appeal to me either. I will say it would most likely be in my collection because its right up my daughters alley.
Did you see Microsoft's presentation at E3 today? Looks like Kinect could be getting some hard core AAA titles in particular Tom Clancy’s Future Soldier.

the-reason14

It looks pretty cool to me, but I have neither an xbox or the kinect, so that's like a good, what, $400 just to play this game? I'll probably have to wait till it's in a bargain bin or something like 10 years from now when the xbox 720 is out or something. Then I won't get the supposed dlc content, but this definitely has my interest.

dweezil78

Disney should write me a check for this... I asked for this back in Feb '09! :wave:
http://www.mousebits.com/smf/index.php?topic=4031.0

For those of you who can't see that link, I'm (partially) joking... but I've wanted this for a while now (see link below). Except, I have to admit, my idea would have been a lot cooler:
LOpDV.jpg

I thought it would be great to actually re-create various Disney parks based on different eras. For example, WDW in its first 20 years as pictured in my mockups below. Likewise, this experience would not be billed as a game necessarily -- but rather an interactive experience.

The real bummer with the Kinect Disneyland (to me anyways) is that all the rides are represented as casual mini-games and not the actual ride experience you get in the parks. I think inclusion of these games is a perfectly fine idea, but I would even more so like to see full ride-thrus completely redone with the game engine allowing users to look around and move as if they were really on said attraction. To see what I mean, look at this work-in-progress Horizons restoration: http://horizonsresurrected.com/2011/05/28/simulation-version-7/

This would allow Disney to give us the chance to once again revisit now extinct attractions in a format that now allows for near photorealistic graphics. The potential for add-on packs would be huge. Like the parks themselves, the opportunity to plus things up and expand over time would exist -- opening of course many new revenue streams for Disney along the way. I'm sure Disney will have this in some form with Kinect Disneyland, but it just seems like they only went halfway on this one when they could have delivered something really special and groundbreaking instead.

MansionGoer13z

Looks pretty neat and a cool concept for interactive purposes. It sounds like this is a party type of game. But would I buy it it if I had a 360 or Kinect? I don't know. I guess I would wait on reviews and what other users felt before I buy games unless its its something I truly want or am familiar with. I still think its quite shameful that Epic Mickey was only marketed on the "Wii rely on crappie graphics and no HD to sell our games." I'm sure if they waited to sell it on the 360 Kinect the game would live up to its name as being EPIC.

erasure fan1

Did you see Microsoft's presentation at E3 today? Looks like Kinect could be getting some hard core AAA titles in particular Tom Clancy’s Future Soldier.

Yea I did. Future soldier looked cool, the weapon crafting was pretty dang slick. I LOVE mass effect, and the Kinect voice command demo was just awesome. As much as I love the Fable series Im going to hold off judgement on this one for a bit. It looked a bit linear for me. It had some promising things so we will see how things develop. As dumb as it may seem the avatar maker was cool.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yea I did. Future soldier looked cool, the weapon crafting was pretty dang slick. I LOVE mass effect, and the Kinect voice command demo was just awesome. As much as I love the Fable series Im going to hold off judgement on this one for a bit. It looked a bit linear for me. It had some promising things so we will see how things develop. As dumb as it may seem the avatar maker was cool.
It is nice to see them integrating Kinect into so many things. The voice command function has huge potential for the hard core games.

I so want to love MASS effect but I just can't get past the third person format. I love FPS but just can not get into 3rd person.

Thrill Seeker

Disney did register a domain name for both Disney World Kinect and Magic Kingdom Kinect, so perhaps down the road we will see some WDW adventures coming. I'd love to see Kinect Epcot Adventures...

I am also curious if this partnership with Microsoft will see any impact on the parks... I think Microsoft would be the perfect sponsor to shell out some cash for a state of the art Tron attraction...

WDWFigment

I know we'll buy this game without a doubt, but I don't expect it to be a Game of the Year title. It is what it is: a family Disney game. It will probably score like a 5/10 on IGN. As a hardcore Disney fan, it'll probably have much more appeal to us, though.

Heck, I still play my 10 year old copy of Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour for the Dreamcast. Hardly a groundbreaking or brilliant title, but it's nice to have a little dose of the parks every once in a while when you can't make it out to them!

While I'd love to see a title directed at hardcore Disneyland fans, that's an incredibly unrealistic expectation. Think of the audience for that as opposed to a more family-friendly game. We hardly make up a large segment of the public.

I do wonder why this title was made for Disneyland as opposed to Walt Disney World. Seems like it'd find a far greater audience with the latter as opposed to the former.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom