DisneyHistory: What's Walt Pointing At in the Partners Statue?...

jimbo71

What Walt Is Really Pointing At

I contacted the author of the mystery thriller entitled Key to the Kingdom who wove trivia, details, and clues into a wild mystery set in and around Walt Disney World. Right after the book came out the whole question of "what is Walt really pointing at?" resurfaced again (as it does from time to time)

Jeff Dixon is the author of the mystery and he has included some references to this in his work of fiction, according to his research he agrees with much of the information shared in this post, he reminded me that so much of the fun you can have in a Disney theme park can be found in taking a close look at the details and design. The Partners statue is one of those creative details to enjoy....

But I will admit, reading the mystery novel Dixon wrote made it a lot more fun to ask the question, "What is Walt really pointing at?" :cool:

Emyli Mouse

Partners

Our keys to the kingdoms tour guide told us the same thing about Minnie and Roy's support of Mickey and Walt.

On another note, there is a hidden Mickey on that statue. Look for it the next time you're there. It was hard to see even when it was pointed out to us!

Goofy316

I always just thought it was a beautiful statue of Walt and Mickey together being that that is how this whole thing began. Reading all of these back stories basically makes it that much more meaningful. But the little details are what make WDW so magical.

Crockett

Banned
There was a (ridiculous) rumor going around that he was extending his arm to perform the Hitler salute. It was supposed to be a hidden message or something of the like. Not buying into that one.

It is probably a metaphor of the future, as if he has an idea and is laying it out, etc. Nobody really knows. But his whole composure in the stature has the whole "if we can dream it, then we can do it" feel to it.

captainkidd

Anyone ever look at the statue from this angle?

PC1301461.jpg

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Love this--thanks for pointing it out!

I'm going back to the World in two weeks, and one thing I've got my sights set on is a miniature version of the Partners Statue.

It's gotta be good, not cheesy. I've seen a few that have the pose, but miss the expression . . . .

Anyone have any recommendation as to best place to look?
I'm thinking Main Street . . .

Has anyone any idea if i can get the portrait of the Partners statue that was in Art of Disney on Main Street last year! It was a gorgeous painting and at $500 it was well worth it i just did not have the cash when i saw it!!!!!

Can anyone help??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom