Trip Report Disney Zombies: Must Eat Cronuts – An October Trip Report

I suppose I should explain the title of this report before we get into it. :D My cousin, Pat, began the trip by saying we were “Disney Zombies” and it just kind of stuck throughout the trip. It was true that we did have some similarities to zombies. On this trip there were 8 of us so we moved in a herd. Like zombies, we also had very simple goals; we must visit attractions, eat food and have fun. The similarity to zombies ends there, I promise. :) Towards the end of the trip we began saying in our best zombie voice, “Must eat cronuts. Must eat churros.” It makes me chuckle so I thought it would be a good title for this October (not so scary) trip report.

The Details

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes)

EPCOT_ENTR1_7072560683.jpeg

My cousin (Kevin) and his wife (Allyson). They were also with us on our November 2012 trip and were joining us again.

IMG_6395.jpg

My cousin (Pat), his wife (Kim)

IMG_7078.jpg

and their daughters, (Emily age 11 and Rylee age 6).

IMG_6919.jpg

When: Monday October 13th – Saturday October 18th

Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort

This was Rylee’s first trip and it was Emily’s first trip since she was 3. Rylee was 42 inches so she could ride almost all of the attractions, although some of them she skipped since she wasn’t quite mature enough to handle. :) It was Pat and Kim’s first trip in a long time so there were a ton of new attractions for them to see!

This, of course, wasn’t my first trip, but it was Wes and my first time going with kids. The last time I went with kids this young, I was a kid! We were really looking forward to seeing the girl’s reaction to everything. It was our first trip all together and I was looking forward to showing them the wonderful world of Disney!

Monday October 13th – Let the fun begin! :D

Today was an early morning. Our flight was at 6:05am so we were up super early. I didn’t get much sleep since I was too excited to sleep and I had to stay up until midnight so I could book our excursions and Palo dinner for our January cruise. (Tough life, right? :D) I think I had about 3 hours of sleep and then it was time to wake up and head to the airport. We spent the night at my parent’s house since they live close to the airport. Kevin and Allyson were on the same flight so we picked them up and all drove to the airport together. The rest of the group was driving down so we wouldn’t see them until later today.

Security was a breeze and we were to the gate with plenty of time before our flight. Our flight wasn’t even remotely full so we were able to spread out. Wes took a little nap on the flight and I listened to some Disney tunes to start this vacation off right.

2014-10-13065750.jpg

So sleepy.

2014-10-13070533.jpg

2014-10-13071620.jpg

2014-10-13072106.png

I thought it was very fitting listening to this song on the plane. :D

We arrived in Orlando about 20 minutes early. Sweet! That’s one of the many reasons I love Southwest and early morning flights. We made our way to Disney’s Magical Express around 7:45. (I know because I took a picture of this clock) :D

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

Pretty empty this morning

IMG_5597.jpg

We checked in using our handy dandy MagicBands and got in line to board a bus to Pop Century.

IMG_5599.jpg

We were on a Mears shuttle instead of a DME bus. Boo. I wasn’t too upset though because we got a front row seat!

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg

We’re here!

Pop was the first stop (haha that rhymed!). We checked in and unfortunately our rooms weren’t ready yet so we dropped off our bags with luggage assistance and then made our way to Epcot.

IMG_5617.jpg

Our rooms were going to be in the 50’s building. :)

IMG_5618.jpg

It was only 9:30am and we were already at Epcot! We decided that the first attraction of the trip should be Spaceship Earth. It gave me a chance to take a ton of pictures while we waited in line.

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Thank you so much for posting this trip report! I really liked it!

Thanks for reading! :D

We did have a great time on our vacation despite the hot and humid days we had this trip. It was unusual for us to have that warm for October.

I'm glad you all had a great time! It was really warm when we were there but I loved it! I would rather it be hot in WDW than cold.

mrdrift

What a wonderful end to the trip report. It's always sad on the last day especially when my kids tear up asking if they can stay a couple days longer. All of the pictures were really cute and detailed. Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip with all of us. Have fun on the upcoming cruise!!!!!!!!!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
What a wonderful end to the trip report. It's always sad on the last day especially when my kids tear up asking if they can stay a couple days longer. All of the pictures were really cute and detailed. Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip with all of us. Have fun on the upcoming cruise!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! The last day is so sad. I tear up too! :hilarious: I'm so excited for this cruise! Only 3 days now! Woo hoo!!

dupac

I loved your report. We're getting ready to take a trip with 13 people, with three kids and several first-timers. It's overwhelming to me somewhat, but reading how you guys approached things (splitting up, going with the flow) helps me strategize a bit better!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I loved your report. We're getting ready to take a trip with 13 people, with three kids and several first-timers. It's overwhelming to me somewhat, but reading how you guys approached things (splitting up, going with the flow) helps me strategize a bit better!

Thanks for reading! 13 people! WOW! That's a big group. It can be overwhelming, for sure, but it's totally doable to plan. Going with the flow is the best advice I can give! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom