• Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Suchomimus

Original Poster

giphy.gif

I have come up with the idea of creating a new Disney Resort. This particular Disney Resort will have 4 parks, 2 water park, 1 Downtown Disney like district, several hotels and the best of every Disney Resort before it. Now some of you may be wondering as to why I've named this thread as Disney X Resort. Well, it's because I haven't really come up with a location for this resort. But I can tell you that this will be set in somewhere that doesn't have a lot of political issues that Disney would want to avoid and you can give me suggestions for both possible locations for my resort and suggestions for what I should improve or add. Our first stop will be at Disneyland Kingdom, and until then see you soon.

Last edited:

Corey

giphy.gif

I have come up with the idea of creating a new Disney Resort. This particular Disney Resort will have 3 parks, 1 water park, 1 Downtown Disney like district, several hotels and the best of every Disney Resort before it. Now some of you may be wondering as to why I've named this thread as Disney X Resort. Well, it's because I haven't really come up with a location for this resort. But I can tell you that this will be set in somewhere that doesn't have a lot of political issues that Disney would want to avoid and you can give me suggestions for both possible locations for my resort and suggestions for what I should improve ore add. Our first stop will be at Disneyland Kingdom, and until then see you soon.

I've always thought Texas would be a good location since it is warm most of the year. However, they've pushed for a new disneyland style park there for years to no avail. However, we can always dream of the possibilities, since the land would probably not be all that expensive, so you could have a huge resort potentially.

Suchomimus

Original Poster
I've always thought Texas would be a good location since it is warm most of the year. However, they've pushed for a new disneyland style park there for years to no avail. However, we can always dream of the possibilities, since the land would probably not be all that expensive, so you could have a huge resort potentially.
Okay, so our first suggestion is Texas. I think what I'll do is, once I've got enough suggestions (perhaps a total of 5), create a poll and see which location has the most votes and that will be my resort's new home. And so to keep track;
Texas:1

Corey

Okay, so our first suggestion is Texas. I think what I'll do is, once I've got enough suggestions (perhaps a total of 5), create a poll and see which location has the most votes and that will be my resort's new home. And so to keep track;
Texas:1

Somewhere in Australia (possibly near Sydney) would also work since you probably would have support from the local government and you already have a lot of international flights going through there to other destinations.

Corey

Somewhere in Australia (possibly near Sydney) would also work since you probably would have support from the local government and you already have a lot of international flights going through there to other destinations.

Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo Brazil would also be a good location for the park since you could tap into the hundreds of millions of people in Latin America (particularly South America) that are too far from the U.S. parks to visit regularly.

(Brazilian Portuguese could probably be understood by most Latin American Spanish speakers, unlike Continental Portuguese, where the pronunciation is a bit different and harder to follow.)

Suchomimus

Original Poster
Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo Brazil would also be a good location for the park since you could tap into the hundreds of millions of people in Latin America (particularly South America) that are too far from the U.S. parks to visit regularly.

(Brazilian Portuguese could probably be understood by most Latin American Spanish speakers, unlike Continental Portuguese, where the pronunciation is a bit different and harder to follow.)
Okay, adding to the list;
Texas: 1
Australia: 1
Brazil: 1

Corey

Okay, adding to the list;

I would also recommend somewhere in India or South Africa, but don't know how much travel would go through those countries, unlike airports such as Dubai, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Doing yet another resort in Singapore might seem like over saturation in East and Southeast Asia with the existing parks in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo.

Suchomimus

Original Poster
I would also recommend somewhere in India or South Africa, but don't know how much travel would go through those countries, unlike airports such as Dubai, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Doing yet another resort in Singapore might seem like over saturation in East and Southeast Asia with the existing parks in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Okay, I'll add them anyway, and I've also decided to add one suggestion of my own.
India: 1
South Africa: 1
Spain: 1

Corey

Okay, I'll add them anyway, and I've also decided to add one suggestion of my own.
Spain: 1

Good idea of Spain. Unfortunately, what started off as Euro Disneyland should have probably gone to Spain instead of France since wages and the cost of living are lower in Spain than in France. My only concern of locating it so close to France is that the two parks might end up competing with each other for people planning short European vacations. They might go to one park but not both. If they could ever afford to do it, perhaps locating it on a Greek Island or perhaps an Italian Island such as Sicily or Sardinia might get people planning beach vacations as well. The only problem with Italy is that it once again is next to France and might be too close. The problem with Greece is the economy is in bad shape, so the park could go under. However, a slow economy is generally more or less true of all of the countries on the Mediterranean with few exceptions. Sorry to ramble a bit.

Corey

Good idea of Spain. Unfortunately, what started off as Euro Disneyland should have probably gone to Spain instead of France since wages and the cost of living are lower in Spain than in France. My only concern of locating it so close to France is that the two parks might end up competing with each other for people planning short European vacations. They might go to one park but not both. If they could ever afford to do it, perhaps locating it on a Greek Island or perhaps an Italian Island such as Sicily or Sardinia might get people planning beach vacations as well. The only problem with Italy is that it once again is next to France and might be too close. The problem with Greece is the economy is in bad shape, so the park could go under. However, a slow economy is generally more or less true of all of the countries on the Mediterranean with few exceptions. Sorry to ramble a bit.

Maybe locating a resort on the Greek side of the island of Cyprus would not only bring in visitors from Europe, but also the neighboring Middle East.

(Additional thought: Because of the tension between the Greek and Turkish sides of the island of Cyprus, it could be Disneyland Cyprus International Peace Park, kind of like how Canada and the U.S. set up Glacier/Waterton Lakes National Parks as an international peace park. Thereby hoping for some peaceful future unification or agreement between the two sides on a divided island. In that way, both visitors from Europe and the Middle East could put aside any animosities over the current situation of the island, and instead enjoy their vacations on a beautiful island and magical resort.)

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Original Poster
Yeah I was beginning to think that putting a new Disney Resort in Spain would backfire what with Disneyland Paris nearby.

Suchomimus

Original Poster
While I had forgotten the name, I do recognize that as a picture from the coldest city in the world. The rides would all have to involve snowmobiles otherwise they wouldn't operate most of the year.
I'm not opposed to locating a disney park in Russia, it just would need to be near Sochi possibly. Basically, where you are on the Black Sea and the resort isn't under permafrost for part of the year.
Russia would probably be too cold but I'll add in anyway, along with Sochi and (Greek) Cyprus Island. I'll also add in Canada and Missouri and see what you guys think.
Greek Cyprus Island: 1
Russia: 1
Sochi: 1
Canada: 1
Missouri: 1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom