Disney World Ponchos

disney1077

I love riding Kali River Rapids but I am not crazy about getting drenched (which seems to happen every time I ride) so I was thinking of just wearing a poncho the next time I ride it. So I was wondering how good are the ponchos they sell in Disney World? Do you know how much they cost? Or should I just bring one from home? Thank! :)

Mollie_Minnie

I got SOAKED - like I went in a dunk tank - one year and had to buy a dress and shoes in one of the AK shops (still my favorite souveniers ever!!). I wore a poncho the following year and kept mostly dry, but I wasn't in "the seat". I mainly got wet from the water going in through the hood opening and down the front of my shirt. I guess if you're headed down the drop and on the bottom, you can try gathering the poncho around your face. Although I suspect unless you hermetically seal yourself in a hazmat suit, if you're in that seat, the water is going to find a way in somehow!

Lol the same thing happened to me in 2010. I wore a poncho on kali river rapid (it was the first time ever riding it) and thought it was a great idea....like you, water went inside my poncho, going through the hood and the arms!! And since I was sitting on it, the water was staying inside the poncho! I still had a blast and still laugh when I think about it!

Upvote 0

melmood2000

We bought a Disney one in 2011, we got caught in a down pour and forgot our stroller cover. The great thing about the disney ones is ours had snaps on the side so we could unsnap it an open it flat, we then put it over our stroller and ran to the bus stop. For 8.00 it was well worth a dry stroller and baby. However I could see it being expensive to out fit a full family in them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom