Disney world on presidents week?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
In my opinion that's the best time of year to go, Christmas is gone, Spring is far and there is nothing else in this world to look forward to. Anyone else go traditionally that time of year?

21stamps

We have a baseball camp on President's Day, so no. But I bet it would be a good time! Much better than the foolish people who go during Spring Break..

Figments Friend

Not sure about current times, but Presidents Week was usually a insane time to go and a time you would want definitely want to avoid.
Crazy crowded, and many hotel rates and airfares are usually more expensive because of it being a in-demand travel week as well.

The entire Northeastern part of the States has what is known as 'Winter Break' from school that week and thousands decend upon Florida.
It is a really big deal in the Northeast...getting that winter week off and escaping to a warmer destination.
Because of it, many families with kids would plan visits to WDW that week.

I would assume this is still going on....

-

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I believe that's also the Princess Marathon week. My birthday is that week and I was checking prices and happened to notice that's when the marathon was taking place.

CaptainAmerica

We have a baseball camp on President's Day, so no. But I bet it would be a good time! Much better than the foolish people who go during Spring Break..

Not sure about current times, but Presidents Week was usually a insane time to go and a time you would want definitely want to avoid.
Crazy crowded, and many hotel rates and airfares are usually more expensive because of it being a in-demand travel week as well.

The entire Northeastern part of the States has what is known as 'Winter Break' from school that week and thousands decend upon Florida.
It is a really big deal in the Northeast...getting that winter week off and escaping to a warmer destination.
Because of it, many families with kids would plan visits to WDW that week.

I would assume this is still going on....
This is actually changing in recent years. It used to be exactly as @Figments Friend described, where all of New England was off for President's week and the crowds were absolutely a mob scene. But a lot of school districts are modifying their calendars and that week isn't as much of a big deal as it used to be.

Kenny1132

This is actually changing in recent years. It used to be exactly as @Figments Friend described, where all of New England was off for President's week and the crowds were absolutely a mob scene. But a lot of school districts are modifying their calendars and that week isn't as much of a big deal as it used to be.

Very true, I live in PA and a lot of our schools were off last week or this week, it's definitely been changing over recent years. I had three co-workers take their kids on vacations last week, 2 down to Florida(1 Disney), and one to Texas

Sonconato

That's Massachusetts public school vacation week and being originally from Mass., it's usually very crowded. You can also tell by the insane amount of Red Sox, Bruins and New England Patriots t-shirts.

Figments Friend

That's Massachusetts public school vacation week and being originally from Mass., it's usually very crowded. You can also tell by the insane amount of Red Sox, Bruins and New England Patriots t-shirts.

And the shorts!
Don't forget about how all the Northerners wear shorts to Florida during Presidents' Week break as 60 degrees is 'hot weather' to them!
:D

I once visited WDW in January a while back, and Florida was having a freak cold spell and frost.
It was 16 degrees...or some crazy temp, and the only people in the Parks those few days were New Englanders and New Yorkers.
How could I tell..?
ALL of them were wearing the sports teams sweatshirts and shorts!
The locals stayed home....45/50 degrees was 'too cold' for them...but for Northerners, that was a 'heat wave' in February..!
:joyfull:

-

SaLeone

I was there last year during Presidents week with my girlfriend & we're leaving Saturday for the world! Although it was crowded, it wasnt over bearing. We had a great time & were able to do everything we wanted to do. I am so used to going in the Summer, so i was very satisfied with the crowd level. Im so stoked and cant believe its 4 days away till we're there!

rob0519

We went on President's week a number of years ago and the crowds were insane. We literally could not move on Main St. over an hour before Wishes. Additionally, since it was February, we caught part of what was a really cold spell for Florida. We all had our winter coats being from Chicago, but a lot of sweatshirts were sold over those few days.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
And the shorts!
Don't forget about how all the Northerners wear shorts to Florida during Presidents' Week break as 60 degrees is 'hot weather' to them!

I once visited WDW in January a while back, and Florida was having a freak cold spell and frost.
It was 16 degrees...or some crazy temp, and the only people in the Parks those few days were New Englanders and New Yorkers.
How could I tell..?
The locals stayed home....45/50 degrees was 'too cold' for them...but for Northerners, that was a 'heat wave' in February..!

-
HEY!!!!!!! What do you think I'm packing :p

And the shorts!

How could I tell..?

-
Packing for next week. I'm bringing the long pants i'm wearing on the plane and 6 pairs of shorts, +/- 2. And at least 1 RedSox shirt. Currently, around here, there's about 1 and half feet of snow in my front yard, the pond is frozen, and I can hear palm trees swaying in the breeze in my dreams. 50-60 degrees IS balmy weather (but the longterm forecast for central FL shows 70's/80's- : )

JillC LI

Touring Plans has the crowds at 9s and 10s all week.

And the shorts!

I'd kill for a 60 degree day in NY right now - and you'd better believe I'd throw on my running shorts and head out for a run in such glorious weather!

Figments Friend

Packing for next week. I'm bringing the long pants i'm wearing on the plane and 6 pairs of shorts, +/- 2. And at least 1 RedSox shirt. Currently, around here, there's about 1 and half feet of snow in my front yard, the pond is frozen, and I can hear palm trees swaying in the breeze in my dreams. 50-60 degrees IS balmy weather (but the longterm forecast for central FL shows 70's/80's- : )

Enjoy, my friend.
Don't forget to bring a Patriots shirt, too.
Gotta show that love for the Super Bowl champs!

:cool:

-

EvilQueen-T

Holiday weekends are always busier than non holiday weekends even in Jan and Feb but not as bad as the big ones like Easter, Spring break, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Christmas etc... I think it's all a matter of your expectations. Personally, I don't feel like there's ever really a slow time anymore just less crazy...particularly at mk.

21stamps

Very true, I live in PA and a lot of our schools were off last week or this week, it's definitely been changing over recent years. I had three co-workers take their kids on vacations last week, 2 down to Florida(1 Disney), and one to Texas
How many school "breaks" do you guys get?

I'm still in awe when I read people who say their kids have a "spring break". I wish our school did that!! It would be so much easier to take vacations and not have the kids miss school.
This year I'm thrilled that our break is 3 school days off. Last year it was 1..only Friday, back to school Monday. :(

Kristamouse

We have three different friends leaving toemorrw as our kids have Friday and Monday off. My friend planed her trip at 60 days and then checked the crowed calendars. She called me last weekend, almost in tears, asking for advice after every single calendar predicted crazy crowds. She truly thought it would be slow...
I am sure they will have fun and hate she was so disappointed but if your kids are off school others probably are as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom