Disney World Hauntings

FigmentJedi

I'm suprised that there doesn't seem to be a presence within the JII ride. It would be cool if Dreamfinder's ghost appeared. As for the Swiss Family Treehouse, I'm just curious if that anyone from the movie is dead.Otherwise, it could be the ghost of my saliva!!!!( I spit on one of the plastic leaves all the way up from the top.)

Slipknot

Static I dont think the guy at tomorrow land could be walt disney, reason is the park opened in 1971. Walt Disney past away in 1966.

Never said it was.. i said i doubt it is him.

Originally posted by Static-X
How about.... These places... Becuase this is where I get that awkward rush.

Inside Living Seas? definitly and more so in one of the tanks...

On a different note... the place that creeps me out outside of WDW is Washington D.C. especially the theater and house Lincoln was shot and died in... ive touched the bed he passed away in.

Definitely in one of the tanks at Living Seas. Although, I've always felt this way about the bottom of pools and such...perhaps something from a former life.

I felt the same way about Ford Theater in DC. It felt more like "history" (I don't know if that's the correct word) than any one entity. I also get the same feeling driving into New Orleans. There's a definite point coming from the east where you cross a bridge (I've only been twice) and feel a sudden change in the electricity in the air. Walking around the French Quarter there is a definite feeling of history/entities. Also, when I lived in Japan there were several areas where I felt the history.

Originally posted by Zipadeedoodah
GMR...oh yes...in the Alien scene...(and you are SO right when you say behind the Ripley AA...I have actually thought I could SEE something one time)...also in the room with Fantasia's Mickey cartoon...strange feelings there.

That's about all that I can think of for now!

Great thread!
The Fantasia Mickey cartoon...that's the room I was talking about when I said the spinning light. I get a very strange feeling there every time. I find myself having to look away or down at my hands.

Slipknot

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Definitely in one of the tanks at Living Seas. Although, I've always felt this way about the bottom of pools and such...perhaps something from a former life.

I felt the same way about Ford Theater in DC. It felt more like "history" (I don't know if that's the correct word) than any one entity. I also get the same feeling driving into New Orleans. There's a definite point coming from the east where you cross a bridge (I've only been twice) and feel a sudden change in the electricity in the air. Walking around the French Quarter there is a definite feeling of history/entities. Also, when I lived in Japan there were several areas where I felt the history.

History.... I like it!!! Feeling history... kind of has a ring to it. :)

bluesnut

Originally posted by Scar4king
(I know this isnt Disney) but at islands of adventure have any of you had that hopeless empty feeling on the jurassic park ride right after you see the stegasaurus.. I get it alot there but mainly on SSE and Inside HM

I have that feeling in that whole back corner of Islands of Adventure it just kinda feels like a different energy there.

bluesnut

Originally posted by Mary Poppins

I know what you mean about that feeling that you are feeling history. I also know what you mean about the feeling when you are in New Orleans. I always chocked it up to being uncomfortable about being around Bourbon Street. But I really don't feel right until I leave. I can get the same kind of feeling in really old cemeteries.

bluesnut

Originally posted by Djali999
I get a definate sense in some areas that it's just a bad patch of earth. remember, WDW used to be a swamp, and I tend to think that negative energies collect in swamps.

for example, I think that the ghost in the endless hallway at WDW came with the land. some fun stories from that scene in the ride...

- I've heard of Cast Members who have been walking the track at night (a requirement) and turned around just in time to see some kind of shadowy figure running at them at full speed, a few moments before impact, then vanishing.

- I have a friend who swears that he saw a CM standing in the endless hall behind the floating candlabrum. this used to be a rotational bump to watch for unruly guests, but it hasn't been part of the bump cycle for years and years now.... and it was never behind the candlabrum. it was in that dark area before you enter the scene.

ditto with areas of Epcot. and possibly behind Ripley in the Great Movie Ride.

I feel like allot of the "feelings" we get when we are in these places have to come with the property. Even though there have been several people close to the attractions that have died (not necessarily on an attraction of even on property) I don't know if that many people would choose eternity haunting a haunted mansion. But then that brings up two things. 1) Why wouldn't you want to haunt a place with lots of happy people (which this also produces allot of energy for them to feed on) and possibly give someone a real fright. and 2) spending eternity somewhere brings up reincarnation and I don't think we want to go there right now that seems like the topic for another thread ;-)

bluesnut

Originally posted by BenS
Cool! I'm actually an ok speller but I make mistakes every once in a while. I've always thought that if it's informal and people can still understand what you mean it's fine.

OK well that program is really cool, when I post I just all I do is right click in the window it checks my spelling and then I submit the post. I really am a horrible speller and even though it is informal I'm not sure I can get my point across. Now they need to come up with a punctuation checker. ;-)

Slipknot

Originally posted by bluesnut
1) Why wouldn't you want to haunt a place with lots of happy people (which this also produces allot of energy for them to feed on) and possibly give someone a real fright.

I dont think its as much as wanting to stay somewhere and wanting to scare people but the fact that they don't know they have passed.

bluesnut

I do agree but sometimes people do choose to come back and visit.

What I was meaning is if the spirits didn't come from the land, and someone didn't die on the ride then the spirits would have to have chosen to come back.

But yes most of them are stuck and don't know their dead. That is one of my fears I don't want that to happen to me. How horrible that must feel to not know you are dead, you can see all of these people and you realize that they cannot see you. *shivers* That just sounds terrible.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I just read through all of the posts and I just wanted to tell all of you that I think that all of these stories are so interesting and the paranormal is a topic of particular interest to me. :)

Originally posted by bluesnut
I know what you mean about that feeling that you are feeling history. I also know what you mean about the feeling when you are in New Orleans. I always chocked it up to being uncomfortable about being around Bourbon Street. But I really don't feel right until I leave. I can get the same kind of feeling in really old cemeteries.

I went to New Orleans one year for Mardi Gras. I truly believe that our hotel was haunted because each of us woke up in the middle of the night to a very real dream (these weren't drunken hallucinations:cool: ). Mine was that I woke up and the room was completely full of smoke. I woke up screaming and woke everyone up. One of my friends said his was that he woke up and there was a giant staircase (like in some plantation home) in front of him and this huge dog like creature came running down the stairs toward him. That was the only time I felt frightened in New Orleans. I like that eerie kind of "history" feel. Almost like I could turn a corner and at any moment be in a different time.

Pippa

Do you guys get a programme called Most Haunted over there? Its a british show where a film crew with a spiritualist medium and paranormal investigator spend 24 hours in an alleged haunted location. Its fab! Shame we can't get them to do a show at WDW!!!!

bluesnut

No darn it. I would love that. Some of our TV like Travel Channel or the Discovery channel do specials like that around Halloween. I wish we did get that it sounds cool.

WDW1971

Originally posted by Static-X
This may creep some of you out, buuuuuuuuuuttttttttt........

I kinda have an ability like in the 6th sense. Now I can't see them, but i do feel their presence when they are around.

Anyway. Last time I was at WDW, I felt more of a presence there than anywhere else I have been. Cinderella's Castle has what seems to be some 25 spirits. POTC has at least 5 spirits (George included), and the Ex-Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter building has way more than I can tell.

Haunted Mansion... has 14. And yes there is the man with a cane. Not to mention the couple who is in the ballroom.

Now I don't really like talking about this but if you want to ask me anything, go right ahead.

I thought there were 999 in the Haunted Mansion...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MagicalMonorail

I agree with all of you that WDW has some very eerie areas. Part of this reason is probably all the poeple that go there each day. Another reason may be the swamp thing. Swamps have a lot of hidden activities. I have also sensed some unusual energy at these areas in MK:

-Endless hallway at HM
-Ramp going up before the big drop in Splash
-Down ramp at IASW
-Slightly outside Pooh
- The queue for POTC

There are few more and most of you have already named them. I am from Louisiana and I agree that New Orleans has that strange atmosphere. It comes with a LONG history and some dark things have happened there. Lovecraft I would love to see what you have compiled, on WDW and Louisiana. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom