Disney World (especially MK) skewered on David Letterman last night

thelookingglass

Mildly amusing. I could pick it a part piece by piece with counterpoints, but what's the point? I wish everyone could see the real magic of WDW and not the manufactured magic that people like to be cynical about, but many people never will.

Tom Morrow

He's definitely spot-on about the desert parties. Those are a total cash grab. Overall though sounds like exactly the type of recap you'd expect from someone going in with a cynical attitude from the beginning. The punchline at the end was pretty good, though.

Most of WDW is low hanging fruit for comedy material.
Yeah, and I feel like people who choose to be cynical about the fact that everything is manufactured and "magical" miss the point entirely. Like, you're paying for fakeness! That IS the point! Also what

@thelookingglass said, the real "magic" of WDW is not the cutesy sugary stuff.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It wasn't all that great. I can appreciate it, but it's pretty standard "hey, this will sound funny" fare.

There were some highlights (the dessert party and tink made me smile). Everything else though, not so much.

Matt_Black

ummm... what?

There's something "in" having a good laugh?

I don't follow. The guy was moderately funny and presented a pretty valid (if you're that type of person) view of WDW. Nothing more.

giphy.gif

*sigh*

cynicism- an inclination to believe that people are motivated purely by self-interest; skepticism.

You see, I was being cynical about his cynicism.

8165317774_101f4467fb.jpg

copcarguyp71

I wouldn't have to explain jokes to people with a fine-tuned sense of humor. :p

I have to be honest your sense of humor escapes me many times as well and comes across as a thinly veiled goad to take it to the next level. No, not a indictment but rather a heads-up that folks may honestly misunderstand your wit and take it for a passive aggressive attack.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Observant and spot on in some cases. However as others have eluded to ----this dude should stick to writing and not reading. Wow dude..it's your words, you might want to rehearse a bit so it actually sounds like you mean what your saying. Pretty pathetic presentation and hard to laugh when the guy is stammering like a high school freshman doing a reading of Beowulf.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Observant and spot on in some cases. However as others have eluded to ----this dude should stick to writing and not reading. Wow dude..it's your words, you might want to rehearse a bit so it actually sounds like you mean what your saying. Pretty pathetic presentation and hard to laugh when the guy is stammering like a high school freshman doing a reading of Beowulf.

A lot of really talented writers are not performers, even when performing their own words. People like Tina Fey are the exception, not the rule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom