Disney Working on Live-Action Adaption of Winnie the Pooh (NOT A JOKE.)

WinnieBear

As a major Pooh fan, (Been one since i was a baby,) the only thing i could say is besides i'm extremely worried is...
The pooh character have better be F**king Muppets in this film and not some cgi abominations.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

As a major Pooh fan, (Been one since i was a baby,) the only thing i could say is besides *** is...
The pooh character have better be F**king Muppets in this film and not some cgi abominations.

LOL You honestly think there's any chance of Disney using puppets instead of CGI for this film? Take a look at the previous live actions to come from the company.

The plot for this project just doesn't sound good. I'm way more interested in the A.A. Milne biopic currently in the works.

WinnieBear

LOL You honestly think there's any chance of Disney using puppets instead of CGI for this film? Take a look at the previous live actions to come from the company.

The plot for this project just doesn't sound good. I'm way more interested in the A.A. Milne biopic currently in the works.
a guy can have a little hope, right...
disneytearsheader.jpg

(Well at least we have the 2011 film to fall back to, and that AA Milne biopic does sound interesting.)

Last edited:

WinnieBear

So just to have some discussion. what would you like to see in this live action Pooh film. (Because i will admit, with the right team, a live action Pooh could definitely work.) Here are some of my ideas.

• Have some real life aspects to it. (Basically aspects from christopher robin's real life, like the bullying he received for being assoicated with Pooh.)
  • Make this a tearfest. Seriously i want to cry like a little baby at this film.
  • If we're going to the CGI Route, (Which i know we are,) make them as close to the Disney originals as possible. (And yes have their voice actors as well.) because they are ultimately stuffed animals. (And even Rabbit and Owl were fantasy characters.)
  • Film the forest scenes at Ashdown forest. this was the inspiration for the hundred arce woods. and several landmarks for the books like the bridge were they played Pooh sticks & The tree that became Owl's house are still there, so it'll make a lot of sense to have the forest set there.
  • And finally for now, Call this movie, Return to Pooh Corner. (And have the song's plot be the central plot.)
These are just my ideas for now. (Sorry for the double posting.)

Last edited:

WinnieBear

Please not Zoey Deschanel again. Sweet girl, but I'm not terribly enamored with her singing. Serviceable, but nothing to write home about.
Oh god no, don't get me wrong, she is a good singer, but this was the only two parts of the 2011 film that i didn't like. (The running time is another.)
Her style just contrasts the relaxing and comforting feel of Winnie the Pooh, Just bring back Kenny Loggins or Carly Simon and have them sing instead. or Hell, Bring back the Disney Choir, i'm sure they haven't recieved any work in a long time.

Matt_Black

That is so bizarre

Not really. I've said for years that if Hollywood insists on remaking films, they should stick to ones that aren't beloved, as then there will be less nerd outrage. Very few people are going to flood the internet with "OMG! They're ruining my childhood!!!" over the Black Cauldron.

brb1006

Synopsis has finally come out

"In the heartwarming live action adventure “Disney’s Christopher Robin,” the young boy who embarked on countless adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with his band of spirited and lovable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.
Christopher Robin is stuck in a job where he is overworked, underpaid and facing an uncertain future. He has a family of his own, but his work has become his life, leaving little time for his wife and daughter, and he has all but forgotten his idyllic childhood spent with a simple-minded, honey-loving stuffed bear and his friends. But when he is reunited with Winnie the Pooh, now tattered and soiled from years of hugs and play, a spark is rekindled, and he is reminded of the endless days of childlike wonder and make believe that defined his youth, when doing nothing could be considered something. Following an unfortunate mishap with Christopher Robin’s briefcase, Pooh and the rest of the gang including Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger, step out of the forest and into London to return the crucial possessions…because best friends will always be there for you."

“Disney’s Christopher Robin” is directed by Golden Globe® nominee Marc Forster (“Finding Neverland”) and written by Oscar® winner Tom McCarthy (“Spotlight”), Alex Ross Perry (“Golden Exits”) and Oscar nominee Allison Schroeder (“Hidden Figures”) based on characters created by A.A. Milne. The producers are Brigham Taylor (“The Jungle Book”) and Kristin Burr (“Ice Princess”) with Reneé Wolfe and Jeremy Johns serving as executive producers. The film stars multiple Golden Globe and Emmy® nominee Ewan McGregor (“Fargo”) as Christopher Robin; Golden Globe nominee Hayley Atwell (“Agent Carter”) as his wife Evelyn; Bronte Carmichael as his daughter Madeline; and Emmy winner Mark Gatiss (“Sherlock”) as Keith Winslow, Robin’s boss. The film also features the voices of: Jim Cummings (“Winnie the Pooh”) as Winnie the Pooh; Chris O’Dowd (“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”) as Tigger; three-time Emmy® winner Brad Garrett (“Everybody Loves Raymond”) as Eeyore; Toby Jones (“Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”) as Owl; Nick Mohammed (“The Martian”) as Piglet; Peter Capaldi (“Dr. Who”) as Rabbit; and Oscar® nominee Sophie Okonedo (“The Secret Life of Bees”) as Kanga.

TheFanficAddict

Wait. They're making a live action movie? Oooooh, I just hope they don't make it terrible. I can learn to live with CGI and live action as long as they do the loveable cast of characters right. Always loved the animated movies from way back when. (Tigger's and Piglet's movies where tearjerkers as a child. Still are.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom