Disney Wonder rem-imagination

Nmoody1

Original Poster
Anyone know much about the Wonder re - imagination? I've heard a couple of things but it seems pretty quiet on the news front!

fireworkz

I'm surprised no one has jumped on this one yet. The official Disney blog at Ohmy.disney.com reported two days ago Wonder will get getting Tiana's Place resturant ( from the concept pic this will be replacing Parrot Cay) which will feature live Jazz Music, and Orleans inspired menu. The kids club will finally get it's Andys room and marvel academy ( the concept Art interestingly shows Spider-Man for M&gs!) plus a Doc McStuffins room. And a British pub will be Replacing the sports bar.

The sad part there is no mention of a Cabanas replacement or any other Pool deck reimagining. Hoepfully that's coming out later or they are doing this much for now to give Wonder some much need love while they wait for the new Panama Canal to officially be done and opened? I believe the Pool deck changes on Magic added extra weight and required the addition of the ducktail and extra length to the Hull. This was the main reason for the hold up with the Wonder's big reimagining. It wouldn't fit in the current canal with the ducktail added. Not sure on the current timeline for the new canal, I thought it was supposed to be the end of this year, but heard their might be another delay in it opening.

Anyway, For bookings the post says this will all debut when Wonder sails out of Galvaston this November.

Last edited:

fireworkz

I thought I read that it was getting Cabana's and the Twist N Spout enhancements.

Did some more digging - yeah see now Twist and Spout and Cabanas, Dory splash area for Toddlers, Animator's getting new shows, Studio Sea will be D Lounge, and Cadilac Lounge will get a refresh too. Missing is the Plunge slide. I'm holding out hope this might mean or lead to a Megradome for the mid-ship Pool deck for Alaska. Anyone hear anything on that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom