Pre-Trip Disney without kids for younger couples

Me and my wife got marries at disney in January. We're going in a couple weeks back bc our annual passes expire from our wedding planning visit a year ago at the end of September. This will be our last trip there without kids more than likely, so we want to take advantage of it. So we are staying at the Boardwalk so we are walking distance to Epcot. We're pretty efficient at the parks so we will have a lot of relax and enjoyment time. The food and wine festival starts 2 days after we get there. Our plan is to ride the rides during the day and enjoy food and drinks in the evenings. Hopefully this trip will be everything we hope it will be. Only 15 more days!!!

AliceJaina

Sounds amazing! It is fun with kids just different. Soak it up and enjoy your time as a couple. I used to think I would never go without my kids. But now that I've been a mom for 6 years,without a solo vacation, as soon as I can leave my 2yo over night. DH and I are going by ourselves!

TXDisney

Original Poster
I can't wait to go with kids and see there reaction to everything, but when you have kids you can't do things that you can do without them, such as drinking in the countries at epcot, only riding the rides we like, staying at a hotel that's confident for us, etc. But yes we are excited to finally have a trip just us 2 to Disney World, it's remarkable that we've been together for almost 4 yrs and have been to disney 4 times since we've been together, but have never been to disney just the 2 of us. Always family and friends are with us.

SMS55

Really curious about some of the recommendations people can make. My wife mentioned this past weekend (we just got back a few hours ago) how it would be fun without the kids.

TXDisney

Original Poster
I think you get to go on the rides you want in a timely manner without kids. Dining reservations are better bc you can do nice table service restaurants. And you can have a few drinks without kids as well.

SMS55

Alcohol is definitely a big difference. We can take our time at World Showcase and have a few beers and likewise and at DTD without worrying about driving. Just don't know what else. I am like a kid when I go with my kids. I want to spend as much time as I can in the parks. I'll probably head to MK at least one evening and ride a few favorites but the parks wouldn't be a priority.

TXDisney

Original Poster
We love the parks as well. We always do a full day in MK and Epcot. But the days we go to HS and AK we normally only spend 1/2 the day there riding rides and shows. Then we hop over to epcot or DTD for some drinks and dinner.

lostpro9het

Il Mulino! Great place for a couple sans kid(s). Hit up a tour or two. Behind the Seeds is a great value, Epcot Aqua Seas tour is AWESOME! Since you're going through the end of September you can take advantage of the discounted Wild Africa Trek, we are in less than 2 weeks. We've done a parents only trip a few times over the last few years and while trips with the kids are fun, a parents only trip is a different kind of fun.

TXDisney

Original Poster
How much is the discounted animal trek at AK. I'm going in a couple weeks as well, and have never done it.

lostpro9het

$50 off for teh following time slots: 11:45 AM, 12:30 PM, 1:15 PM, 2:30 PM, and 3:15 PM. With tax it works out to be $148.04/person 3+hour experience.

officialtom

Wow - so jealous! You're gonna have a blast. My bf and I are planning a trip for THREE YEARS from now when he's done school, and I'm already pumped about it.

TXDisney

Original Poster
They're already booked. We're there for 5 days 4 nights and have 3 reservations for dinners.
Le Celier
Teppen Edo
California Grill
We are leaving one night free to eat around world showcase for dinner during the food and wine festival.
We are also doing the illuminations dessert and drinks watching, which we have never done before either.

PlutoGirl

My Hubby and I are going around the same time. We have been married two years and do not have any kids. This will be our first trip just the two of us. We could not be more excited.

bee

My GF of 7 years and I don't have kids and don't want kids. We LOVE WDW, especially Epcot, especially Epcot during Food and Wine! You will have a blast! Enjoy all the drinks around the world! You may want to also consider going to Crossroads at House of Blues at DTD during happy hour (3-5) when they have $3.75 beer/wine/cocktails. Where else can you find that at WDW???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom