Disney with an infant

TXDisney

Original Poster
Hi all. My wife and I are looking to book our next Disney trip. I've talked her into doing the BC for 6 days 5 nights in early May of 2016. We are currently trying for our 1st child. So odds are we will have a child no older then 6 months by then. Is it still ok to do Disney with that young of a child? All and any input I appreciate.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I made about a dozen trips to WDW with my youngest before her first birthday, so yes it is still ok.

The key is you have to adjust your touring style to reflect the needs and wants of the new boss in the family.

Take things slow. Take time out for naps and make use of the baby centers in each park.

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
We had our first in November. When we take our next trip to WDW, we're planning on leaving him at home with the dogs. They have those automatic feeders and water bowl re-fillers, which work REALLY well for about a week. And I'll install a NEST thermostat by then, so we can monitor the temperature of the house while he's there.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously, we'll ask an in-law to go check on him and the dogs occasionally. We're not going to leave a baby home alone for a week without someone checking on him :hilarious:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks. We figured we'd do the BC bc it's walking distance to Epcot and HS for a nap or just a pool day.
That is a good idea, but at that age you really don't even need to do that. Simply taking a break inside a building while the little one saws logs in the sroller will often do.

When they get older, a close resort becomes much more important.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Since you may not have conceived yet and have no idea of due date, here is advice on a related topic that I made long ago, but it still pertains today -

I think it is best to give birth at WDW. I suggest you find somewhere quiet and out of the way. NO rides. You have to finish before the ride is over. We learned this the hard way on Triceratops Spin.

Laura

Premium Member
Hi all. My wife and I are looking to book our next Disney trip. I've talked her into doing the BC for 6 days 5 nights in early May of 2016. We are currently trying for our 1st child. So odds are we will have a child no older then 6 months by then. Is it still ok to do Disney with that young of a child? All and any input I appreciate.

Our 5 month old just completed her 5th trip to WDW. She loves it. Especially meeting the characters.

The more you are willing to go at the baby's pace, the more fun everyone will have. The days we push it and try and get stuff done just because it's on a pre-planned agenda end up being REALLY miserable. When we just go with the flow and stop for frequent nursing breaks and so forth, it ends up being a blast. By milking the rider switch pass system, you can pretty much ride all the good stuff without waiting in any lines, which also helps keep the baby in a good mood.

Laura

Premium Member
Not if it was my kid! Any kind of action going on resulted in no nap. All kiddos are different

However, I wouldn't base a resort decision on the very slight chance that a baby who hasn't even been conceived yet might be one of the rare few who won't sleep in the stroller. And even if that was true, with the enormous process involved in leaving the park, catching a bus/boat/whatever to the resort, and walking all the way back to the resort room - it would be a miracle if the baby didn't fall asleep en route, which would completely defeat the purpose of going back, because the baby would wake up by the time you get there, and then you've just wasted half a day for nothing. o_O

HRHPrincessAriel

However, I wouldn't base a resort decision on the very slight chance that a baby who hasn't even been conceived yet might be one of the rare few who won't sleep in the stroller. And even if that was true, with the enormous process involved in leaving the park, catching a bus/boat/whatever to the resort, and walking all the way back to the resort room - it would be a miracle if the baby didn't fall asleep en route, which would completely defeat the purpose of going back, because the baby would wake up by the time you get there, and then you've just wasted half a day for nothing. o_O
ok.

TXDisney

Original Poster
Thanks for your advice to the ones who did. People with sarcastic comments, keep them to yourself. Trying to actually get info here.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

As someone who has actually traveled with an infant to WDW, I agree with this 1000%. My son is a pretty light sleeper, but slept perfect in the stroller. Just pull the cover tight so hes all covered, walk around a bit, and out they go. Trying to time infant naps with trips back to a hotel would be completely futile.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Thanks for your advice to the ones who did. People with sarcastic comments, keep them to yourself. Trying to actually get info here.

Well here's the deal. Your question invites jokes. You are trying to plan a trip based around a child who is yet to even be conceived, lol. You may have an 8 month pregnant wife in May 16. or maybe a 1 month old. It's funny.

jakeman

Well here's the deal. Your question invites jokes. You are trying to plan a trip based around a child who is yet to even be conceived, lol. You may have an 8 month pregnant wife in May 16. or maybe a 1 month old. It's funny.
Or no baby because of issues delaying conception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom