Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

@Mark P. there will be two runDisney merchandise locations. One at packet pick-up in the HP Field House then one at the expo in Jostens. That is also where you get the shirt and gEAR bag (yes, the caps are intentional :)). And as @LAKid53 said you can go back to Active later and buy stuff.

HRHPrincessAriel

Had my curser hovering over the Lumiere at 11:58. Clicked on it just before 12:00 and went into a waiting line. After 3 minutes of nervously biting my nails, I was finally able to register! Even purchased one of the "training for...." shirts to get me motivated for training. So I've got my races (5k and Challenge) registered, merchandise ordered and resort reservation made. All I have left to do is train for my first half marathon...which will be during the lovely warm Florida summer. Umm, some of my distance running MAY be on that gym treadmill, lol.
I trained in the Texas weather. Even when it was hot it was MUCH easier than the treadmill. Well, easier except the few times I had to push the jogging stroller. THAT was terrible!

Good Luck! You can do it!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I trained in the Texas weather. Even when it was hot it was MUCH easier than the treadmill. Well, easier except the few times I had to push the jogging stroller. THAT was terrible!

Good Luck! You can do it!

With this nasty weather we had in the South Easter weekend, I ended up doing my training runs at the gym on the treadmill. Didn't think it would be a good idea to go for a 40 minute run when the roads were wet - and slippery. Plus, there was this HUGE lightening bolt and clap of thunder when I walked out to pick up the newspaper Saturday morning - that REALLY convinced me to run indoors. Yeah, agree, makes a boring run. I had to consciously stop myself from looking at the display, because I kept thinking, "I've only run 10 minutes?!"

Texas84

Well, bad news. I paid for the half entry for my brother-in-law and now the agent is saying a 2-day package is required. I was able to get my DLR Star Wars half registration through an agent. I am not happy and I have asked for a refund.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well, bad news. I paid for the half entry for my brother-in-law and now the agent is saying a 2-day package is required. I was able to get my DLR Star Wars half registration through an agent. I am not happy and I have asked for a refund.

Man, that bites. :-( Is that the same for any race registration handled through a travel agent? What about the sponsored charities?

Texas84

Man, that bites. :-( Is that the same for any race registration handled through a travel agent? What about the sponsored charities?

They are all the same. Two nights minimum. Maybe if they have unsold packages later they will release entries. With charities looks like you have to commit to raise an amount way over the entry fee. I haven't looked at all of them.

dreamfinder

They are all the same. Two nights minimum. Maybe if they have unsold packages later they will release entries. With charities looks like you have to commit to raise an amount way over the entry fee. I haven't looked at all of them.

They will all have some catch. Travel agents want you to book rooms/tickets through them as that is how they get their money. Charities want you to commit to raise a certain amount so they get their money.

amy1985

Does anyone that has run this before have any recollection of when they announced the room and ticket discounts? Does the change to a morning race sort of indicate they won't have discounts this year? Just called to book a room and both Beach Club and Yacht Club only have club level rooms. Standard view at Boardwalk was over $500 a night....

Texas84

They will all have some catch. Travel agents want you to book rooms/tickets through them as that is how they get their money. Charities want you to commit to raise a certain amount so they get their money.

My last minute DLR Star Wars through a TA was just entry and ticket and the ticket had a nice discount. Wonder if they were just unloading leftovers.

I just looked at the W&D packages and there is NO discount. I wonder if my sister and brother-in-law could raise enough money for a charity spot. :D

surfsupdon

There are no discount any longer it seems. Most runDisney packages are full price.

There was a time that the less attended races (ToT, W&D, Everest) had specially priced rooms, heavily discounted tickets, and, way back when, included a 1Day 1 Park ticket.

Full price seems to be the trend. FYI @amy1985 I priced rooms at Swan Dolphin in the mid 200s/night. Their prices can fluctuate tho, as the weeks go by.

amy1985

There are no discount any longer it seems. Most runDisney packages are full price.

There was a time that the less attended races (ToT, W&D, Everest) had specially priced rooms, heavily discounted tickets, and, way back when, included a 1Day 1 Park ticket.

Full price seems to be the trend. FYI @amy1985 I priced rooms at Swan Dolphin in the mid 200s/night. Their prices can fluctuate tho, as the weeks go by.
I did TOT in 2014 and the discounts were awesome. I was nervous they were going to do away with them.

dreamfinder

Does anyone that has run this before have any recollection of when they announced the room and ticket discounts? Does the change to a morning race sort of indicate they won't have discounts this year? Just called to book a room and both Beach Club and Yacht Club only have club level rooms. Standard view at Boardwalk was over $500 a night....

Even if room discounts are announced, I doubt you would find much in the Epcot resort area. Especially on weekends, but most times during F&W BW, YC and BC are usually booked pretty solid. Lets people walk home after a night of wine sampling instead of having to deal with a bus.

LAKid53

Premium Member
As others have said, runDisney doesn't offer discounts on their travel packages any more. I called right after making my race registration to see what the room only price would be, since I'm an AP and don't need tickets. The price was the same as my existing reservation at BW. I'm going to wait until either my 7 month window for non home DVC resort opens up (I'm basically out if points, so it would be a DVC cash reservation) or the AP discounts are released in the Fall to see if I can get a room cheaper.

Astro Blaster

Registered for the half but really disappointed that there will not be any discounts. Usually stay on property and buy park tickets through rundisney because of the discounts. Will now try to find a better deal elsewhere.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Can we blame the lack of both resort and ticket discounts on that park in China that is responsible for other cut backs? ;)

in all seriousness, I don't understand why Disney isn't providing runDisney discounted rooms and tickets to sell. Don't about 40,000 or so run in theses events? And add to that each runner's posse. Oh, wait, I think I just answered my question...... Money.

JohnByers

I'm going to wait until either my 7 month window for non home DVC resort opens up (I'm basically out if points, so it would be a DVC cash reservation) or the AP discounts are released in the Fall to see if I can get a room cheaper.

I am pretty much in the exact same boat :(

JohnByers

Don't wait too long... you don't want to end up with no room or the only choice being the $3000/night Poly bungalow.
I booked a room prior to registering for the 5k at POFQ and was hoping I could get a discount afterwards. Yep, no such luck. Oh well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom