Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Mad Stitch

11924777_1240137166012243_2120838803684763599_n.jpg

Sumrdog

So pleased we chose to run Wine and Dine now - I have never been at Christmas time and never seen the Osborne Lights. I'm so pleased i'll get to see them whilst running through the park in their final year :)
I love the Osbourne lights...So sad they are going away, but happy I get to run under them too!

Texas84

New event this year. Welcome Reception Thursday night.

Superb Wine Pairings, Special Gifts, Exclusive Shopping, Disney Characters PLUS Express Packet Pickup!
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Time: 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

We're rolling out the red carpet and putting on our white gloves for Disney's exclusive, first-ever Disney Wine & Dine Welcome Reception. This Disney premium event is an amazing evening of fabulous food and wine, private shopping, hassle-free packet pickup and more!

Sample four delicious wine and food pairings with American Olympian and runner Jeff Galloway. Pose for pictures with your favorite Disney characters. Get an hour of pre-opening shopping before the rush at the runDisney Official Merchandise Store. Pick up your runner's packet early without the hassle. And take home some very special gifts to remember the magic including a runDisney rolling duffel bag and a Wine & Dine Half Marathon luggage tag. Make your plans now for the new Disney event that's got everyone talking!

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/#welcome-reception

Texas84

Also, for future reference, I'm staying at OKW and I asked if I would be allowed to park at Saratoga. They said I would have to drive to Epcot. Not happy.

dreamfinder

New event this year. Welcome Reception Thursday night.

Superb Wine Pairings, Special Gifts, Exclusive Shopping, Disney Characters PLUS Express Packet Pickup!
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Time: 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

We're rolling out the red carpet and putting on our white gloves for Disney's exclusive, first-ever Disney Wine & Dine Welcome Reception. This Disney premium event is an amazing evening of fabulous food and wine, private shopping, hassle-free packet pickup and more!

Sample four delicious wine and food pairings with American Olympian and runner Jeff Galloway. Pose for pictures with your favorite Disney characters. Get an hour of pre-opening shopping before the rush at the runDisney Official Merchandise Store. Pick up your runner's packet early without the hassle. And take home some very special gifts to remember the magic including a runDisney rolling duffel bag and a Wine & Dine Half Marathon luggage tag. Make your plans now for the new Disney event that's got everyone talking!

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/#welcome-reception

Gotta get that extra shopping time in don't ya know. But $199? Sheesh. I'd expect full bottles of wine for that price.

Texas84

Gotta get that extra shopping time in don't ya know. But $199? Sheesh. I'd expect full bottles of wine for that price.

I would think about it at $99 but I won't be there Thursday anyway. Curious to see if they sell out. The runDisney event page has added a progress bar for it. Hasn't moved yet.

Sumrdog

I would think about it at $99 but I won't be there Thursday anyway. Curious to see if they sell out. The runDisney event page has added a progress bar for it. Hasn't moved yet.
I can't justify spending that much money. I will battle the crowds Friday and still have 200$ in my pocket.

dreamfinder

Welcome reception at 36%.

And this just pretty much shows why they won't bother to do any real proper allocation/ordering of merch for these races. Instead of making everyone happy by letting them pre-order merch, order at the event/drop ship, etc, they can squeeze more money of out some people just to give them a better chance of getting what they want.

Texas84

And this just pretty much shows why they won't bother to do any real proper allocation/ordering of merch for these races. Instead of making everyone happy by letting them pre-order merch, order at the event/drop ship, etc, they can squeeze more money of out some people just to give them a better chance of getting what they want.

I'm convinced there are people running just to get the exclusive merch. Sure, they could get some of it on eBay but that's not a sure thing. Luckily for me, the only thing I care about is the experience itself and, of course, the bling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom