Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

AUPr8Hd

Nice catch Tex! Based on the insert map, it does appear to have been changed for the year. I'd be curious to see what the official USATF map shows. (off I go to search for it)

AUPr8Hd

I found last year's certification. I'm not sure when the new cert will be posted online.

Instead of going behind Soarin', The Land, etc., it appears we will cut between Imagination and The Land and then through Innoventions past the fountain before heading out of the park. With the crossing over the main pathway into the park, I'm curious how this will work with the after party

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I found last year's certification. I'm not sure when the new cert will be posted online.

Instead of going behind Soarin', The Land, etc., it appears we will cut between Imagination and The Land and then through Innoventions past the fountain before heading out of the park. With the crossing over the main pathway into the park, I'm curious how this will work with the after party

I don't think that'll be an issue...maybe early on when the main pack is coming through. Disney is good about having designated "crossing zones" and giving the runners the right-of-way. They do this in the parks now for marathon weekend. This might simplify things after the race as well, as the post race area was very spread out last year. It looks like they are trying to get the finish out into the wonder parking lot where the other 1/2 marathons finish.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I looked at my map from the W&D last year compared to this year's map. They changed the entrance point in the studios to between ToT and Fantasmic. Last year, we entered behind the tower, then past RnRC, and then doubled back through fantasmic. It looks like the double back has been eliminated. It also looks like they trimmed the area where you cross Sunset Blvd for the last time and go striaght out of the studios. I remember this stretch as my most unfavorite last year. It's a mental thing. You know that once you leave the studios, you are close....but the studios taunts you by making you run around in circles for a few miles.

cruisegirl4life

I am running my very first half marathon at the Wine & Dine this November. I have had a last minute mentor who wants to come with me though and we are looking for someone who may be selling their bib. Anyone know of someone who is unable to run?

AUPr8Hd

In case anyone wanted to run this one and missed out, there is a link on Active for this race again. Disneyland had the same thing happen a couple weeks before the race.

cruisegirl4life

I just looked for the link as I have a friend who is trying to register to run with me and can't find it. Would you be willing to post it here? Thanks!

Gabe1124

Anybody else getting jealous of the Tower 10-miler runners? I want the race to be here so bad! 6 weeks from today my wife and I are WDW Bound!

Gabe1124

What parts of Epcot will be open? I know World Showcase will be closed but can you still walk around it? Also what about for rides? Soarin' and Mission Space? anything else?

Texas84

What parts of Epcot will be open? I know World Showcase will be closed but can you still walk around it? Also what about for rides? Soarin' and Mission Space? anything else?
Yes, you can walk around it. The F&W booths will be open. From RunDisney:

Disney Wine & Dine Finish Line Party Ticket includes:
  • Early entry into Epcot® at 7:00 p.m.
  • Access to over 29 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces
  • Select Epcot® attractions, including Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Friends®, Turtle Talk With Crush, Soarin' ™, The Circle of Life, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros, Maelstrom
  • $10 Disney Gift Card
  • Character Meet & Greets
  • Musical performances, entertainment and a live DJ
http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom