Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Mad Stitch

Here is the official picture of the other side.

BtvGa-3CQAAlLHm.jpg:large

Edit: Since these pictures are bigger here is the other one.

BtvGasgCYAM1ObN.jpg:large

Last edited:

fmingo36

Glad to see I'm not the only that does not like the ribbon. I think it's very busy and distracts from the medal. A simple one colored ribbon would have sufficed. But I love the spinner medal. I love that I get both Mickey & SSE on one medal. And my girls FREAKED when they saw the kids medal. They absolutely LOVE Duffy!

dancingtodisney

Those costumes are cute but they really have nothing to do with the theme of the event. You are not going to see any princesses or fairies on the route. I do believe that Jasmine and Aladdin were out during the after party. I'm HOPING that they have either Elsa or Anna in Norway for the after party. That would be AWESOME!

Hmmm you have a point here, I was thinking Belle and Gaston and Belle does normally meet in France so I guess it's kinda linked :oops:

Do they do any sort of official 'release' of what to expect at the after party in the way of meet and greets etc?

dancingtodisney

I like the ribbon, especially if it has the WS Pavilion icons. I just think it's sort of drab-looking. o_O

Having said that, still super excited about the medal overall. :)

I'm the same it looks cool overall but the colour of the ribben looks a bit drap, hopefully it's just the photo!

I'm still excited about the fact that it's a spinning one lol

fmingo36

Hmmm you have a point here, I was thinking Belle and Gaston and Belle does normally meet in France so I guess it's kinda linked :oops:

Do they do any sort of official 'release' of what to expect at the after party in the way of meet and greets etc?

You can still dress in costume but it's not like running the Princess 1/2 or even during marathon weekend. You'll see a lot of ears and because it's a night race, items that glow and blink.

Unfortunately, there is no info about the after party in regards to character M&Gs. Usually -just a list of what attractions will be open.

FerretAfros

Does anybody remember if the stores (perhaps Mouse Gear?) have been open during the party in the past? I'm considering doing a Dreamfinder costume for the Avengers Half the following weekend (now that he's a Marvel character) and wanted to get a small Figment plush to complete it. I remember being surprised last year that it seemed like only the F&W kiosks were open in World Showcase, but I didn't check in Future World

I won't have enough time to visit the parks outside of the party, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to find something. It would stink to make the whole costume, only to not be able to finish it (though I might be able to swing by DTD on Sunday)

fmingo36

Does anybody remember if the stores (perhaps Mouse Gear?) have been open during the party in the past? I'm considering doing a Dreamfinder costume for the Avengers Half the following weekend (now that he's a Marvel character) and wanted to get a small Figment plush to complete it. I remember being surprised last year that it seemed like only the F&W kiosks were open in World Showcase, but I didn't check in Future World

I won't have enough time to visit the parks outside of the party, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to find something. It would stink to make the whole costume, only to not be able to finish it (though I might be able to swing by DTD on Sunday)

Don't think they have stores open during the post-race party.
Could you order online--just to be sure you have it?

FerretAfros

Don't think they have stores open during the post-race party.
Could you order online--just to be sure you have it?
Thanks! I'll definitely come up with a back-up plan then!
@FerretAfros - sweet costume idea. I have been trying to convince my brother to run as Dreamfinder with me as Figment for the past two years, he is not into it, at all.
I'm looking forward to it, assuming I can find a way to get everything and not spend a ton of money on it. I'm a little worried about making it recognizable, since I'm doing the obscure version of an already-obscure character (especially for the West Coast fanbase), but I think that having a Figment will help clue people in

cappel

I am looking for a entry to purchase for this years Mickeys Jinge jungle 5k, anyone have a female entry they cant use?

dancingtodisney

You can still dress in costume but it's not like running the Princess 1/2 or even during marathon weekend. You'll see a lot of ears and because it's a night race, items that glow and blink.

Unfortunately, there is no info about the after party in regards to character M&Gs. Usually -just a list of what attractions will be open.

AH ok, I'm not sure now whether or not we will dress up!

OK great thanks for the info!

Ariel484

@Jonathan Tremaine - list of characters from last year's race. They aren't guaranteed to be the same year after year but this should give you an idea:

- Country Bears during the first mile
- Ostrich and Hippo from Fantasia between Mile Marker 2 (MM2) and MM3
- Rafiki after MM3 (just before entering Animal Kingdom)
- Baloo just after entering Animal Kingdom
- Timon just before MM4
- King Louie after MM4
- Pluto after MM4
- Pirates of the Caribbean set-up (ship with pirates - I think Jack Sparrow and Barbosa were in there) just before MM5
- Character puppets just before MM6 (Tigger, Sebastian, Genie and Lumiere)
- Sarge after MM7
- Lilo and Stitch after MM8
- Woody & Buzz after MM9 (they were in Pixar Place)
- Mr. & Mrs. Incredible after MM9 (backstage at the Studios)
- Wreck-it Ralph after MM9 (backstage at the Studios)
- The Osborne Lights...not a character obviously, but my favorite part of the race! :D
- Darth Vader and Boba Fett after the lights (just before MM11)
- Minnie in apron and Chef Mickey at the finish line (CMs won't take pictures of you with them anymore but you can have another runner do it for you)

Hey, not bad! That's more than I thought for this race! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom