Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Ariel484

I pre-ordered the W&D necklace, do you normally get some of the memorabilia?
I'm going to butt in on your conversation here and say that I definitely plan on buying some of the merchandise! :D Probably more than I should.

I don't normally go for the necklaces but I like the "I Did It!" shirts (because they have the course maps on the back), the Vinylmation with the race medal and the Sweaty Bands. If they have a plush or a coffee mug/wine glass I like I may get those too. I always get the race pin...I don't collect pins at all except for the resorts we stay at and any "special events" that we do (tours, races, etc.). They give Disney Visa and AP discounts (I believe you have to spend $50 or more) and they probably do DVC discounts too, I think?
That's right. So all of the temporary booths were open, but the 'regular' stuff was closed. Most WS countries also had booths, so it wasn't a huge issue, but we were disappointed that the Norway bakery was closed and that they didn't have a Norway booth

There were a couple exceptions (like the permanent kiosks facing the promenade in Japan and American Adventure), but the permanent locations were mostly deserted. This did give me the opportunity to walk around in completely empty pavilions though, which was really neat!
That's so odd to me, you'd think they'd pounce on the opportunity to give people at the party more places to spend money. Maybe they think they'd lose more having to staff each of the stores for the extra time?

Texas84

I always get the pin and put it on the ribbon when I hang the medal on the bling holder.

Is there any live music? Thought I heard Off Kilter but I could be wrong. Sounds like not enough people make it to the far side of World Showcase to do much out there.

FerretAfros

Is there any live music? Thought I heard Off Kilter but I could be wrong. Sounds like not enough people make it to the far side of World Showcase to do much out there.
Some of the music groups are definitely out, but I don't know about Off Kilter specifically. I caught a 2am set from Mo'Rockin', and I was the only person anywhere around. I felt bad that I had to get up and leave after the first couple songs, since I was so tired that I was about to fall asleep . From the looks of the musicians, they were equally tired, and could have fallen asleep at any moment (though the music was good as ever)! :)

Texas84

Some of the music groups are definitely out, but I don't know about Off Kilter specifically. I caught a 2am set from Mo'Rockin', and I was the only person anywhere around. I felt bad that I had to get up and leave after the first couple songs, since I was so tired that I was about to fall asleep . From the looks of the musicians, they were equally tired, and could have fallen asleep at any moment (though the music was good as ever)! :)

That's sad. I love Mo'Rockin'. Surprised they don't use America Gardens. Maybe they can't with the concert series.

Kristia

I just registered Dan and I for the Jingle Jungle 5k. We had talked about doing that one and when I saw it was 92% full this morning, I pulled the trigger. No Disney races for us in 2015 so I figured we could do both the 5k and the half. I think we plan on just taking our time for the 5k and do more pictures than we will for the half (depending on lines).

dancingtodisney

I just registered Dan and I for the Jingle Jungle 5k. We had talked about doing that one and when I saw it was 92% full this morning, I pulled the trigger. No Disney races for us in 2015 so I figured we could do both the 5k and the half. I think we plan on just taking our time for the 5k and do more pictures than we will for the half (depending on lines).

I was tempted to sign up for the 5km to get some pics on the way but am a bit nervous about doing it as it will be my first half marathon and I don't want to push it....

AUPr8Hd

They give Disney Visa and AP discounts (I believe you have to spend $50 or more) and they probably do DVC discounts too, I think?

No $$ minimum on the discounts. I used it for less than $20 at Marathon weekend :)

Off Kilter performed last year during Wine & Dine. A friend and I waited on his wife to finish and meet us there. So, we caught at least 1 set.

Ariel484

Spinner! Guessing the other side is SSE?

Can't wait!!

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom