Pre-Trip Disney Wedding and Disney Moon!!

Hey Everyone, we have finally hit the 160 day mark for our Disney Wedding and Honeymoon so I thought I would take this chance to do my first pre-trip and trip reports.

Cast:
disneyselfie_zpsna87a4gh.jpg

Myself, BJones82(left);

My Fiancée, (right);

When:

October 1st - October 18th 2015.

Where:

Pop Century (Me 3 nights 1st - 4th, My Fiancée 2 nights 1st - 3rd)
She will move to our honeymoon room the night before the wedding at Contemporary (9 nights 3rd-12th)
Move to Wilderness Lodge for the last week of our honeymoon (7 nights 12th-18th)

Tickets:

Annual Passes

Current Plans:

October 1st:
Fly down Via Southwest after work for a late check in

October 2nd:
Deliver all necessary Wedding items to our wedding planner

October 3rd:
Rehearsal Dinner in Napa Room at Californian Grill 7:30pm - After fireworks

October 4th:
Wedding and Wedding Activities!!!, ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion at Grand Floridian, Cocktail hour and Reception in Grand Floridian Convention Center, approximately 50-70 guests.

October 7th:
ADR with my parents at Ohana 10 AM

October 11th:
Wedding Photo shoot at Magic Kingdom at 7am
ADR for us at Sci-Fi Dine-In at 7:15pm

October 14th:
ADR for us at Sanaa at 8:50pm

October 16th:
ADR for us at San Angel Inn Restaurante7:15pm.

October 18th:
Afternoon flight back to reality :( but as a newly married couple and back to our dogs!!

Want to do List for honeymoon:

Drink around the world with our wedding party

MNSSHP at least one of the nights, we did this for the first time when we were there in September (when we got engaged :)) and absolutely loved it and are excited to do this again.

RELAX, we are restricting ourselves to only the ADRs we have made already and will go with the flow the rest of the trip. We are just those people and do not want to be stressed about where we are eating and when. Also we do not do FP+ in advance so this will not be part of my trip report. We make those choices as soon as we get to each park :)

I am also keeping a thread going at Disney Weddings, Honeymoons, and Proposals about the general wedding planning for a WDW wedding, so feel free to follow along there!!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...y-step-report-of-planning-our-wedding.892329/

This is all I have for now thanks for following along and I look forward to sharing this experience with everyone!!

Last edited:

mrdrift

What a dream come true wedding and honeymoon. Have a magical time and I will be watching for more details to your awesome trip/event.

BJones82

Original Poster
What a dream come true wedding and honeymoon. Have a magical time and I will be watching for more details to your awesome trip/event.

Thanks!! We are pretty excited but are nervously awaiting our bill, we have a set amount we are willing to spend on the wedding so we will see where it falls in line, we don't want to sacrifice our honeymoon so we will see :)

Sounds like this has been a long time in planning - enjoy yourselves :)

We first went to WDW together after dating around 4 months in 2011 (my first time as an adult her first time to WDW though she grew up going to DLR) almost immediately after that we decided this was what we wanted, we went through a lot to get here but now we are and the days aren't counting down fast enough lol!!

Congrats on your quickly approaching wedding and Disneymoon! Sounds like your plans are going to be memorable. Enjoy.

Thanks!! We hope they are, and that nothing too horrible goes wrong like her dress getting lost in shipping lol... Now I need to knock on wood lol....

Congratulations, you two! Looks like you're going to have an amazing wedding and vacation :D

Thanks!!

FlaggNL

Wow more than great plans!!! A Disney wedding and honeymoon! Congrats for now :) Maybe we will catch you up there since we have an overlap :) Enjoy the pre feelings!!

djpoore94

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! My group of four (also from Michigan) will overlap your trip by a couple of days. We'll be at the World September 25 - October 5.

sheriffwoody

So great!! Congrats on your engagement. We'll be down there during the first couple of days of your trip! Looks like it will be an amazing celebration.

BJones82

Original Poster
Wow more than great plans!!! A Disney wedding and honeymoon! Congrats for now :) Maybe we will catch you up there since we have an overlap :) Enjoy the pre feelings!!

Lol Thanks Time is going so fast!! it seems like just yesterday we were in WDW for the planning session lol...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! My group of four (also from Michigan) will overlap your trip by a couple of days. We'll be at the World September 25 - October 5.

I am always surprised to find other people from Michigan on these boards lol, I think it is because I have only lived in Michigan sense January so my heart still belongs in Wisconsin lol... Have a great time on your trip!! It'll be here before you know it lol...

So great!! Congrats on your engagement. We'll be down there during the first couple of days of your trip! Looks like it will be an amazing celebration.

Thanks!! It should be a blast down there :) We love that time of the year in WDW still warm enough for shorts and t-shirts but not as busy as later in October or around the Christmas celebrations :) Have fun on your trip!! :)

BJones82

Original Poster
So Exciting Update to our plans today :) As many of you know today Chef Mickey's opened up for brunch reservations so on Wednesday October 7th instead of Ohana we are doing a brunch ADR at Chef Mickey's which is better because we are all staying at the Contemporary at that time :) (There are many notes in our reservations to keep our rooms far apart... It's our honeymoon lol...:rolleyes:)

That is all I have for now, nothing really new to report until we get closer I guess lol but we are so excited only around 4 and a half months left!!!

BJones82

Original Poster
Only 4 months to go!! (well from yesterday lol) I don't see any of our ADR's changing though in that time :) After watching a marathon weekend of HP we decided we are going to spend a day at UNI just in that area, my Fiancée isn't crazy about HP but I am so she is doing it for me :)

sheriffwoody

Only 4 months to go!! (well from yesterday lol) I don't see any of our ADR's changing though in that time :) After watching a marathon weekend of HP we decided we are going to spend a day at UNI just in that area, my Fiancée isn't crazy about HP but I am so she is doing it for me :)
You will LOVE it. It's so well done. Also WOO HOO 4 MONTHS!! It'll be here before you know it.

BJones82

Original Poster
You will LOVE it. It's so well done. Also WOO HOO 4 MONTHS!! It'll be here before you know it.

:) It will lol, the two months sense our planning session at WDW have flown by so we are excited, and we have so much to do in 4 months lol!! it will go by even faster lol :)

BJones82

Original Poster
We've updated our plans to eliminate most of our ADRs... It's our honeymoon... we don't want to plan everything and this was pushing it... So our ADRs now are as follows:

Wed Oct 7th: Brunch with Groom's parents at Chef Mickeys; Dinner with Bride's brother at Teppan Edo.

Tues Oct 13th: Capa at Four Seasons for a late dinner and hopefully firework viewing :)

Wed Oct 14th: Sanaa for a late dinner

Friday Oct 16th: Monsieur Paul for another late dinner :)

Also we have updated our plans a bit in that we have locked them down.

Tues Oct 6th: will be a Universal Day with the groomsmen and their families to see the new HP area :)

That is all we have currently :) Only 34 days until our flight :)

ScarletBegonias

Sounds like a WONDERFUL trip! How exciting!
I don't blame you for keeping minimal ADR's.
Will be following along! Will be a reason to come back to boards after my trip is over :( ;)

KLeigh

Congratulations! You will have a fantastic time!

Yay, more people from Michigan! You will love getting out of the cold during Octover for some warmer weather!

BJones82

Original Poster
Sounds like a WONDERFUL trip! How exciting!
I don't blame you for keeping minimal ADR's.
Will be following along! Will be a reason to come back to boards after my trip is over :( ;)
Yea it was just too much lol!! Thanks for following, I will keep the updates coming :)
Congratulations! You will have a fantastic time!

Yay, more people from Michigan! You will love getting out of the cold during Octover for some warmer weather!
Lol, we are going to miss the fall in Michigan though (or October anyway lol) we love going to farms and having fun on the weekends, Especially Barbott Farms in Stevensville :)
I like the idea of less ADRs. Looks like a great plan and Congrats again!
Thanks again!! And we will be sure to post the pic from the wedding from inside the lens if it works out lol...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom