Disney was Stupid

djlaosc

Yes, can split meals at all of them. And I will add that Confisco's Grill is also very good. I was there last weekend and had the Penne Puttenesca- Mild Italian Sausage, Kalamata Olives, Fried Pepperoncini, and Roasted Garlic, with Penne Pasta tossed in a Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce. $11.99

For dessert I had 6 Mini Cream Puffs (3 Vanilla filled, 3 Chocolate filled):

30csrbt.jpg

http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/confiscos_menu_tcm13-28314.pdf

Good to know - thanks for your help - something for us to consider...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
To go back to the OPs claim that Disney is stupid for passing on HP, lets see a show of hands of how many people think it would look as amazing if TDO did it.

It would have been value engineered.

It would most likely look very similar since JK Rowling had very strict rules and guidelines and the buildings, castle, train etc are all modeled very closely after the movies.

Disney didn't like the rules so they passed

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It would most likely look very similar since JK Rowling had very strict rules and guidelines and the buildings, castle, train etc are all modeled very closely after the movies.

The point was that Disney would have just built less of it,

MickeyPeace

Or that would and did happen. My point is that what you see at Universal, you would never have seen at WDW with the current management.

Turtle

I think any new WWoHP Phase 1 fixing (Forbidden Journey show building rock work, and Dragon Challenge refurbishment) in 2015 to coincide with Phase 2. Dragon Challenge will likely get refurbed along with the Hogwarts Express because they are in the same plot of land (The train station and Dragons will be right next to each other)

Magenta Panther

If Disney had been smart enough to snap up the rights to the Harry Potter books, and then made Potter movies, and then built rides based on them, and they were as good as Universal's, then I'd be delighted that the Potter rides were in a Disney park.

But frankly, I'd rather that Disney look to its own legacy and build rides based on Disney films like Fantasia (demons, unicorns, gods, sorcerers...it has it all to make a kickass ride). Or build Beastly Kingdomme. Disney could easily outdo Potter if it tried, with its own creations. But nooooooo, Iger has no faith in them, he had to buy Avatar. :mad:

Hedwig's Keeper

If Disney had been smart enough to snap up the rights to the Harry Potter books, and then made Potter movies, and then built rides based on them, and they were as good as Universal's, then I'd be delighted that the Potter rides were in a Disney park.

But frankly, I'd rather that Disney look to its own legacy and build rides based on Disney films like Fantasia (demons, unicorns, gods, sorcerers...it has it all to make a kickass ride). Or build Beastly Kingdomme. Disney could easily outdo Potter if it tried, with its own creations. But nooooooo, Iger has no faith in them, he had to buy Avatar. :mad:

Yeah, I like the original school for learning magic, it was in that little old Disney movie with bedknobs and broomsticks... hmm... changing humans into animal forms, levitation spells, turning into armor to life to fight in a final battle, sounds familiar. Disney should build a Portabello Road with shops, restaurants, etc. and let it lead to a EuroLand with Big Ben, Notre Dame Cathedral, etc. Why isn't there a Mary Poppins or Hunchback ride?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah, I like the original school for learning magic, it was in that little old Disney movie with bedknobs and broomsticks... hmm... changing humans into animal forms, levitation spells, turning into armor to life to fight in a final battle, sounds familiar. Disney should build a Portabello Road with shops, restaurants, etc. and let it lead to a EuroLand with Big Ben, Notre Dame Cathedral, etc. Why isn't there a Mary Poppins or Hunchback ride?
Good question. One of the most iconic Disney films is so unrepresented at the parks.

Magenta Panther

Heck yeah, at least a Mary Poppins ride or attraction. That movie was Walt's shining jewel, it won all kinds of awards, but as far as TDO is concerned, it doesn't exist. :(

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Heck yeah, at least a Mary Poppins ride or attraction. That movie was Walt's shining jewel, it won all kinds of awards, but as far as TDO is concerned, it doesn't exist. :(
Maybe the movie about the Making of Mary Poppins will reignite some interest from them. I showed my 3 yo Mary Poppins and she LOVED it! She likes it more then any of the princess classics.

openendedsky

I agree with what you said, but if jk is done with the series, I see the appeal if hp dying in about 5-7 years IMO. I still am dying to see it, as it looks great. But I still am glad they went after other franchises instead.

Also, I bet you Star Wars will make even more than potter when they get it in DHS. And marvel in dl will outgross hp in Hollywood.
I wouldn't say that. HP is a book that I grew up with, and if I ever do have kids, I'll likely encourage them to read the books. The land is immersive and interactive, exactly what Disney needs.

Shops and Dining: I I really enjoyed the butter beer and I'm not usually a cream soda kind of a gal.
I've been craving butterbeer so badly lately. :(

according to Wikipedia, freshwater catfish is most commonly used in the southeast US, so that's probably why.)

Catfish always seemed to have a gross, murky/muddy, watery taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom