Disney was Stupid

djlaosc

I am curious too. I go to IOA WAY too much, but am embarrassed to admit that I have never ridden One Fish, Two Fish. I know it's pretty, but what makes it "special"? My favorite spinner is Astro Orbitor.

I would guess it is listening to the music and trying to avoid the water?

My favourite out of Disney's spinners is Astro Orbiter as well.

djlaosc

Yeah, Fennigan's is table service. But as you said, UOR's table service restaurants aren't badly priced. Here is Fennigan's menu with prices:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/Finnegans menu_tcm13-32524.pdf

And you can get a Filet at Mythos for $16.99. And the themeing at Mythos is amazing. Since you have done The Three Broomsticks I would suggest giving Mythos a go. Here is Mythos Menu.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/mythos_menu_tcm13-28313.pdf

But I have to admit, I like Hard Rock Cafe also. But they are a bit pricier than the in park table services.

Thanks for links to the menus - I'll get them to have a look a them!

djlaosc

Also went on Rip Saw Falls. Now I think this is a pretty great water ride. It does that part of the job well. However, I do think it could also use a new coat of paint and maybe they could have the AAs move a bit more. But even with those criticisms, it's a great great ride. I went on that twice (mom went once) and we were soaked.

My main issue with Rip Saw Falls is the queue - I don't suffer from claustrophobia, but that queue is very thin and very dark - you feel very packed in and squashed - the ride's good though!

djlaosc

Went on most of the other rides. Will say that Seuss land is very very cute. My mom and I actually really liked the short silly and sweet train ride. The whole area looks great though. Can tell where new paint has been done recently. I saw so many happy little kids.

We still haven't been on The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride yet - but I plan to next time we go!

djlaosc

Yeppers. Think the only rides we skipped were Dr Doom's Fearful (let's face this Tower of Terror is loads better), Storm Force Acceleration (don't care), and One Fish Two Fish (eh..you've been on one spinner you've been on them all) and Popeye (*sad face* being refurbed but remember loving it)

You didn't miss anything with Dr Doom - it needs to be twice or three times as long as it is to be worth queueing for!

Sucks that Popeye wasn't open, but at least you've been on it before!

djlaosc

I think that others in my party had the Cornish pasties and the Shepherd's pie - and I think that they said that they were good (it's 1am so I can't ask them - I'll try to remember tomorrow)

Yeah, someone in our party has had the Cornish Pasties and the Shepherd's Pie - and I don't think there were any complaints!

bubbles1812

Original Poster
My main issue with Rip Saw Falls is the queue - I don't suffer from claustrophobia, but that queue is very thin and very dark - you feel very packed in and squashed - the ride's good though!
We actually had the express passes yesterday. Got it as part of our package deal so thankfully we didnt have to wait overly long in the queue. I don't think I waited more the 5 minutes the entire day.

bubbles1812

Original Poster
You didn't miss anything with Dr Doom - it needs to be twice or three times as long as it is to be worth queueing for!

Yeah I was disappointed that Popeye wasnt open. It is a spectacular water ride. And I was already wet so it didnt matter if I got more wet at that point haha.

lazyboy97o

Interesting. Why so? Suessland was the last stuff we did before attempting to buy out Honeydukes for gifts for my dad and brothers. (Or at least it felt that way)
I am curious too. I go to IOA WAY too much, but am embarrassed to admit that I have never ridden One Fish, Two Fish. I know it's pretty, but what makes it "special"? My favorite spinner is Astro Orbitor.
As stated, its trying to avoid the water fountains which turn on and off. It makes it into a bit of a game.

BryceM

I actually like Dr. Doom. The facade and queue are so well detailed and the story is pretty neat. Plus, the pop of airtime at the top of the first launch is veeeeerrrrryyyy nice.

Just wish it was longer.

djlaosc

We actually had the express passes yesterday. Got it as part of our package deal so thankfully we didnt have to wait overly long in the queue. I don't think I waited more the 5 minutes the entire day.

Yeah, we are planning on staying on-site for a night next year, so we will get them as well.

djlaosc

Yeah I was disappointed that Popeye wasnt open. It is a spectacular water ride. And I was already wet so it didnt matter if I got more wet at that point haha.

That's the good thing with IOA - all the water rides are close together - so you can go one after the other, so you don't get wet then dry off then get wet, etc.

djlaosc

I actually like Dr. Doom. The facade and queue are so well detailed and the story is pretty neat. Plus, the pop of airtime at the top of the first launch is veeeeerrrrryyyy nice.

Just wish it was longer.

Yeah, it was either 2005, or 2007 that I was last on it, but yeah, the main problem with it is that it is too short - and you would think that that would be a problem that could be easy to fix - with Comcast's money, could they even by another tower to double capacity so that they could double the length of the ride without affecting the wait time?

djlaosc

Yeah, Fennigan's is table service. But as you said, UOR's table service restaurants aren't badly priced. Here is Fennigan's menu with prices:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/Finnegans menu_tcm13-32524.pdf

And you can get a Filet at Mythos for $16.99. And the themeing at Mythos is amazing. Since you have done The Three Broomsticks I would suggest giving Mythos a go. Here is Mythos Menu.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/mythos_menu_tcm13-28313.pdf

But I have to admit, I like Hard Rock Cafe also. But they are a bit pricier than the in park table services.

This is not me trying to be cheap, but do you know if, if you go to a table service place, does everyone have to get their own meal to eat?

We would probably be going to Universal for 2 days (although I am trying to extend this, but it is unlikely), and we aren't big eaters, and as we could be looking at Finnegans, Hard Rock Cafe, and Mythos, for places to eat, I was wondering if you could get, for example, 2 or 3 of the Irish fish and chips (they seem to come in a bowl/basket) to share between 5 for lunch, and then you could go to Hard Rock that evening so that you weren't having 2 big table service meals in a day?

I wouldn't expect that you could do this, but just thinking just in case.

djlaosc

Popeye opens today apparantly - Ripsaw Falls should be closing today!

Hopefully you will see this and be able to ride today!

lazyboy97o

This is not me trying to be cheap, but do you know if, if you go to a table service place, does everyone have to get their own meal to eat?

We would probably be going to Universal for 2 days (although I am trying to extend this, but it is unlikely), and we aren't big eaters, and as we could be looking at Finnegans, Hard Rock Cafe, and Mythos, for places to eat, I was wondering if you could get, for example, 2 or 3 of the Irish fish and chips (they seem to come in a bowl/basket) to share between 5 for lunch, and then you could go to Hard Rock that evening so that you weren't having 2 big table service meals in a day?

I don't see why not. It's not like you're on a dining plan where you're using credits paid per person. In my experience they're operated like normal restaurants.

Disneyhead'71

You CAN share meals. We've also just gone in and split an appetizer or a cup of the Potato Leek Soup. Sometimes we just go to the bar and order a snack.

Disneyhead'71

That's good to know, thanks.

Do you know if it is the case at other Universal table service restaurants?
Yes, can split meals at all of them. And I will add that Confisco's Grill is also very good. I was there last weekend and had the Penne Puttenesca- Mild Italian Sausage, Kalamata Olives, Fried Pepperoncini, and Roasted Garlic, with Penne Pasta tossed in a Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce. $11.99

For dessert I had 6 Mini Cream Puffs (3 Vanilla filled, 3 Chocolate filled):

30csrbt.jpg

http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/confiscos_menu_tcm13-28314.pdf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom