Disney vet going to Universal Orlando needs advice!

G8rchamps

OK, for something like that I would have parked at one of the hotels and if they couldn't help you at the ticket desk in the hotel then you could have gone to the park on a water taxi or a short walk on the garden paths or even hopped in a pedicab. If you had a meal at one of the hotel restaurants they will validate your parking at the hotel

For early entry it is not busy most of the time. I can be from the garage to the gate of IOA in about 15 - 20 minutes Starbucks in hand. Like WDW it depends on the time of day, there are a lot of people going the same place you are.

With time you will find these things out. It is the same as learning WDW

Thanks - We are going to avoid the whole mess and stay at Royal Pacific for 3 days on our first trip.

JoeCamel

Thanks - We are going to avoid the whole mess and stay at Royal Pacific for 3 days on our first trip.
Now that is the way to tour! Imagine staying at the poly 20 years ago and you get an express pass to be at the front of most of the lines. Lets you wander the parks, head back for a rest and generally take it easy so you can soak in the details. I spent 10 days there last year for HHN and it was everything I could want.

And the security is done at the boat dock or on the garden path so it is much lower key than the parking hub.

Fletch

Our first visit was 1991. We finally went back for a second time this past May and I was quite impressed with the place. Clean, the staff was friendly and not as over whelming as WDW.

If you like Harry Potter you will absolutely love what they did. Actually even if you have no interest in it they did a great job with the themeing. Be sure to ride Hogwarts Express between the parks. Also the live shows at Potter land are worth a look. I thought the best counter service at Uni was at The Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks. The themeing inside both was quite nice. We also stayed at Cabana Bay. Very nice for a value resort. Plenty to do if you stick around. Not sure you need a tube for the lazy river. The current was adequate so lazing about, so to speak, as you go down stream is easy to do.

We found the lockers not a problem. They are free up to a certain time. We went off season so time was not an issue with over staying the lockers.

Enjoy your time there.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Our first visit was 1991. We finally went back for a second time this past May and I was quite impressed with the place. Clean, the staff was friendly and not as over whelming as WDW.

If you like Harry Potter you will absolutely love what they did. Actually even if you have no interest in it they did a great job with the themeing. Be sure to ride Hogwarts Express between the parks. Also the live shows at Potter land are worth a look. I thought the best counter service at Uni was at The Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks. The themeing inside both was quite nice. We also stayed at Cabana Bay. Very nice for a value resort. Plenty to do if you stick around. Not sure you need a tube for the lazy river. The current was adequate so lazing about, so to speak, as you go down stream is easy to do.

We found the lockers not a problem. They are free up to a certain time. We went off season so time was not an issue with over staying the lockers.

Enjoy your time there.

The locker time is adjusted to reflect the wait time plus a generous cushion. I usually get 2 - 3 rides in before the time runs out.

trr1

Do they give lanyard to onsite guest for key card tickets and are there fridges in the room and not refreshment bars ?

Disneyhead'71

Do they give lanyard to onsite guest for key card tickets and are there fridges in the room and not refreshment bars ?
They sell lanyards all over property. There are fully stocked fridges that have various drinks and snacks. the prices are high, but not crazy. there are no vending machines but there is a lobby store with snacks if the ones in the honor bar aren't to your liking. This pick is a Hard Rock Hotel Honor Bar.

KAZ7prm.jpg

JoeCamel

Last time I stayed at RPR and CBBR the fridge was empty. I think Portofino is the only one that they put a couple of bottles of expensive water in any longer. Like Disneyhead posted you can get lanyards anywhere onsite or Target, Walmart, Hot Topic sells them. They need to hold at least a credit card size. They are not included with the room.

JoeCamel

They sell lanyards all over property. There are fully stocked fridges that have various drinks and snacks. the prices are high, but not crazy. there are no vending machines but there is a lobby store with snacks if the ones in the honor bar aren't to your liking. This pick is a Hard Rock Hotel Honor Bar.

KAZ7prm.jpg

Man, if my fridge came looking like that I don't think I would ever leave the room :)

JoeCamel

Didn't have that last year, just don't use it if you find it in the fridge. I put a half case of Zephyrhills in my fridge.

Mandy M.

I'm also a Disney vet planning on spending one day to see both parks at universal and could not find any sort of touring plan. Any suggestions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom