Disney Vacation Club

1stStarIC2nite

I personally can't think of any cons for the DVC other than you get a limited amount of points each year (but you can borrow from the previous or next year) and that it's quite expensive...

My dad is technically the "member' but the DVC has allowed us to go to WDW ever year or every other year and it is just sooooo awesome. I would highly recommend becoming a DVC member, and you also get fabulous rooms while you stay there... and I think (but Im not sure) rooms are cheaper with the DVC (points wise)... well... yeah.. do you get what Im saying?

I say do it and become a very proud DVC member!!! :sohappy: :D

PixyDust

Wish we'd joined the first year it became available. Best investment we've made. Once you get used to the apartment-style rooms, it is hard to stay in a regular motel room anywhere, not just WDW.

We initially bought the minimum number of points required, but bought more the next year. We now have enough points to get a two bedroom for 10 days a year (during value season) and a studio at Hilton Head for a stop off on the trip home. Gives us the opportunity to bring along family or friends who couldn't otherwise afford, or wouldn't pay, to go to WDW. And if no one goes with us, we can get a one bedroom for a couple of weeks throughout the year.

Up until buying the DVC membership, we didn't vacation much, and now we start planning the next vacation the day we get home from one! So it has been good for us as a family.

And with Saratoga Springs having the 50 year contract, you and your kids (or kids to be) will be set for half a century!

You do have to pay annual fees. But compared to what a large room would cost at WDW for the number of days we go, it is minimal. In fact, we could never afford to stay in a room like those in the DVC system. There are also several discounts much like the Annual Pass' discounts.

artvandelay

The place to go for good DVC advice is www.disboards.com

They have an entire discussion board just for DVC and it's very active. It has helped me with my research and my decision to buy into DVC (right now I'm leaning towards not buying DVC and leaning towards Starwood Vacation Network).

If you are going to buy DVC, do it from a timeshare resale site and not from Disney.

www.dvcresale.com has a lot of listings. You'll save at least $10 - $15 a point buying from a resale site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom