Disney Vacation Club - Is It A Good Deal?

crazycalf

hakunamatata said:
Update........we joined.........

:sohappy:

congrats.

I can't wait to start using ours, we have a Jan trip booked already. And hopefully we will be using points to go to Disneyland in sept.

Ziggie

Woody13 said:
Also, when I have rented DVC points, I have never paid the "customary" $10.00 per point, because they're are just too many "distressed" points up for rental.

In all the times we've been to Disney (I'm talking from 1972 on..) I'd have to say I'm pretty clueless about the DVC. Would you please tell me *how* you rent distressed points? Is there a tutorial for this somewhere? :lookaroun

LMW

My parents are DVC members and I vacation with them every year and we love it. They bought into it in 2001 and before that we would go twice a year and spend thousands of dollars more than we do now. One of the great things about it is that even if your contract is for 30-50 years you can have the option of paying it off in 12 years. Thats what my parents chose. And eventually it gets passed on to me and my brother. And you can wind up spending less money if you go more than once a year because you can get a room with a kitchen and eat at your resort instead of eating in the parks. We did this a couple of times when we were low on money but just wanted to be in DW. And yes, you only get maid service once a week, but you can take towels from the pool and use them instead of washing the ones in your room everyday. Also, before the DVC we could never afford to stay in any of the more expensive resorts such as the Beach Club or Boardwalk. Now we get our pick. Also, you can use your points and stay anywhere in the world or take a Disney cruise. And there are great smaller perks that come along with it as well. We get special discounts at restaraunts and shops and we can pool hop legally! That's always great. Last year we had to cancel our reservations twice because of hurricanes and they were very nice about it and let us bank our points for this year. So now we had extra points this year so we were able to get a two bedroom vacation home and we are taking five people with us, and we could never afford that before! And its a perk for them because they get a free room:) But in my opinion its a great deal for people that go to DW twice or more a year.

And if you just joined.... Welcome home!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom