Disney Urban Legends

DisJosh

Attack of the living monorails!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

BTW I heard one of the ppl who got killed on the ppl mover.......their head wascaught under the car........and it dragged him for about 100 feet..........what a way to go, at the happiest place on earth:(

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
June 1966:
Thomas Guy Cleveland, a 19 year old Northridge, CA resident, was killed when he attempted to sneak into Disneyland along the monorail track. Cleveland scaled the park's sixteen foot high outer fence on a Graf Nite and climbed onto the Monorail track, intending to jump or climb down once inside the park. Cleveland ignored a security guard's shouts warning of an approaching Monorail train and failed to leap clear of the track. He finally climbed down onto the fiberglass canopy beneath the track but the clearance wasn't enough -- the oncoming train struck and killed him, dragging his body 30 to 40 feet down the track.

From Urban Legends

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The Splash Mountain story is true. It was in the Orlando Sentinal in, I believe April, about the 32 year old man who was killed on Splash Mountain.

mightyduck

Originally posted by Figaro
I think I must be bad luck or something. We were in Epcot when the plane crashed in the parking lot. On another trip we were there when the woman and her child were killed crossing in front of the ferry on one of the watermice thingies.
Just a warning, we're going again in Sept 11-18!

I'll stay away....I don't think we need my bad luck joining your bad luck... :)

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisJosh
BTW Moose, all these stories you keep bringing up are all on the site marcia posted. And that spplash mountain one you posted is false.

DisJosh, I interviewed the owner of a traveling ride company (a carnival thing), and he said the ride operator conventions are held at Disney because they set the standard for safety...he said that the Splash Mountain thing happened, and that it wasn't Disney's fault but to watch for new safety measures being implemented to outsmart stupidity....

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by mightyduck

DisJosh, I interviewed the owner of a traveling ride company (a carnival thing), and he said the ride operator conventions are held at Disney because they set the standard for safety...he said that the Splash Mountain thing happened, and that it wasn't Disney's fault but to watch for new safety measures being implemented to outsmart stupidity....

I also back up MickeyMoose and Mightyduck on the Splash Mountain incident. It was in the Florida Times Union, also. It was unclear whether he got out to avoid the falls or to retrieve something he had dropped. Stupid, and sad.

Is this the same accident as happened in WDW in November 2000? A man was killed on Splash Mountain last year when he got out of the log for some unknown reason and then proceeded to try and cross across the backlog of boats waiting for the drop. he slipped and fell between the boats and then was crushed several times as boats continued to back up.

Again, stupid, sad, and very hard to avoid outside of locking you down with shoulder harnesses.

NowInc

The Splash Mountain death DID in fact happen..farily recently actually. The man was mentally handicapped, and tried to jump out of the boat, failed, got hit by the log behind him, fell down the long drop..and got hit again by the boat that hit him the first time. I think i was in Epcot that day, and the news spread fairly quickily.

Just remember 99.99999% of the accidents that happen at theme parks (especially Disney) are usually the fault of a careless rider, and not the park.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
May 1964:
Mark Maples, a 15 year old Long Beach, CA resident was killed when he tried to stand up on the Matterhorn Bobsleds. Maples (or his companion)foolishly unbuckled his seatbelt and attempted to stand up as their bobsled neared the peak of the mountain. Maples lost his balance and was thrown from the sled to the track below, fracturing his skull and ribs and causing internal injuries. He died three days later.

From Urban Legends

Maria

Hey Steve,

Could you please post a link to that "urban legends" site? That way, there won´t be any need of posting all the stories here.... ;) :D :rolleyes:

DisJosh

Originally posted by Maria
Hey Steve,

Could you please post a link to that "urban legends" site? That way, there won´t be any need of posting all the stories here.... ;) :D :rolleyes:

It's already pposted at the begining of this thread......and ppl hastle ME b/c I dont read the whole thread:rolleyes: :D :p

Maria

I DID read that post where the website was listed, that´s why I wonder why people keep posting that whole site on this board! To read all the cases listed on it, just click on the link!

The Mom

Premium Member
I DID read that post where the website was listed, that´s why I wonder why people keep posting that whole site on this board! To read all the cases listed on it, just click on the link!

Maria, they just like to post!! ;)

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
DON'T GO TO DISNEYLAND! Unless you what to be injuried or hear about an accident.

First the incident with the two deathes on the Columbia Ship in 1998, then the injuries on Space Mountain, 6 year old injuried on Rodger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, falling trees, and the Columbia ship's engine catching on fire near the Haunted Mansion. What next?

Tapestry2000

Originally posted by DisJosh
Attack of the living monorails!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

BTW I heard one of the ppl who got killed on the ppl mover.......their head was caught under the car........and it dragged him for about 100 feet..........what a way to go, at the happiest place on earth:(

:eek: EEK! What a horrible way to go even if it was at the happiest place on earth!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey Steve,

Hey Maria - the concept of links seems a little hard to grasp for some people :) They also like to get me into trouble with other webmasters for posting their entire site on my forum :rolleyes: :D

DisJosh

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Hey Maria - the concept of links seems a little hard to grasp for some people :) They also like to get me into trouble with other webmasters for posting their entire site on my forum :rolleyes: :D

I realize that Steve and I'm sorry but.........Mickeymosse started it!! I did grasp the concept but once ppl started posting everything I couldnt help it.......I'm sorry:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom