Disney Transportation or my own?

JennSmith

Original Poster
We ended up using our own car the whole time. I can see how not having to worry about driving if you are drinking would be awesome. I went into the trip thinking I was going to drink around the world but ended up only having a Grey Goose Slush lol. Plus my hubby drove us all the time. I liked the fact that we didn't have to wait on the buses at all but I can also see how it evens out in the end because if you take the buses you don't have to wait on the tram. To me the tram is an attraction on it's own though lol. I know that sounds dumb but because we have never taken advantage of Disney Transportation we have always used the tram from our parking spot. So I feel like we would be missing something without the tram :) I did wonder though if we could have left our car at the Poly when we were there for breakfast at Ohana and then take the boat to MK. I was afraid we couldn't though and our car would get towed. Since we were already out of the resort and close to our car, I was too impatient to walk back in and ask once I had even thought of it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We ended up using our own car the whole time. I can see how not having to worry about driving if you are drinking would be awesome. I went into the trip thinking I was going to drink around the world but ended up only having a Grey Goose Slush lol. Plus my hubby drove us all the time. I liked the fact that we didn't have to wait on the buses at all but I can also see how it evens out in the end because if you take the buses you don't have to wait on the tram. To me the tram is an attraction on it's own though lol. I know that sounds dumb but because we have never taken advantage of Disney Transportation we have always used the tram from our parking spot. So I feel like we would be missing something without the tram :) I did wonder though if we could have left our car at the Poly when we were there for breakfast at Ohana and then take the boat to MK. I was afraid we couldn't though and our car would get towed. Since we were already out of the resort and close to our car, I was too impatient to walk back in and ask once I had even thought of it.
Thank you for this thread. We'll be on site for part of our vacation and off for part and I now have a much better idea of how I'll plan my days on.:)

JennSmith

Original Poster
Next August for 14 glorious Disney days.
I am jealous!! I don't think we could ever go for that long! We just got back Saturday but I booked a bounce back offer for 9/16-9/24/2016. We will actually leave to drive down on 9/15 though so...352 days to go!!! Tell me that will fly by :) it's better than our last countdown...it started at 477 days and we managed that lol.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am jealous!! I don't think we could ever go for that long! We just got back Saturday but I booked a bounce back offer for 9/16-9/24/2016. We will actually leave to drive down on 9/15 though so...352 days to go!!! Tell me that will fly by :) it's better than our last countdown...it started at 477 days and we managed that lol.
Congrats on the bounceback. This will be or first time back since June 2013, so I can honestly tell you the time will fly by. Halloween is right around the corner, then you'll have the holidays to keep you busy and by then it's time for some very serious planning including what ADRs you'll need to make.

JennSmith

Original Poster
Congrats on the bounceback. This will be or first time back since June 2013, so I can honestly tell you the time will fly by. Halloween is right around the corner, then you'll have the holidays to keep you busy and by then it's time for some very serious planning including what ADRs you'll need to make.
I know, you are so right! It's just hard right now. I keep reminding myself how fortunate we are to even be coming back so soon. We hadn't been for 10 years to the date before last week's trip and we promised that as long as we could afford it, we would come back every 2 years. Yet here we are, set to return just a year later! So I feel like a brat when I get mopey about 352 days but it's hard when you are coming from such a high of being able to say 10 days, 5 days, etc!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom