Disney to launch NextGen 'My Disney Experience' app for iPhone, iPad and Android

muteki

Nice to see something finally come of this, by the time it comes out we should have a better idea of what this NextGen thing is all about.

Not sure if I am looking forward to it, however.

backinaction

I don't mean to be a troll, because I think this is an overall good idea, but won't everyone without a smart phone be left in the cold on this one?

RSoxNo1

I don't mean to be a troll, because I think this is an overall good idea, but won't everyone without a smart phone be left in the cold on this one?
There was speculation that they would be able to "rent" smart devices for this. I've been vocal about this project - I hate the idea of scheduling Fastpasses days in advance, but I think having things like Fastpasses and Quick Service dining made available through your smart phone is a good idea.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There will be alternatives. Wait times can be obtained from the tip board or guest relations, paper maps can be used for navigation, and FASTPASS reservations can be done via cast members.

wdw71fan

There will be alternatives. Wait times can be obtained from the tip board or guest relations, paper maps can be used for navigation, and FASTPASS reservations can be done via cast members.

not to mention... "Left out in the cold" ?... it isn't Disney responsibility to provide you with a smart phone.. it's a bonus for guests that DO have one..

Ignohippo

I love Mobile Magic. I hope this is an improvement on an already great app.

Hopefully dining reservations and FastPasses will be able to be acquired right from the app. I'm excited about this!

Has anyone heard of new FastPass machines being installed that could read a bar code from a phone?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
If the wait times are currently anything like the present app, they will not show the time if it is long. That was the case all year last year when I went and utilized the app.

bhg469

Like the idea. I wish they opted for NFC uses as well. I would love to use my phone as a ticket too since I am starting to use it more and more to pay for items at the store with google wallet. I love what disney is doing with technology but Im waiting for that huge jump that makes them better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom