Disney to Host 2024 Olympics?!

Cmdr_Crimson

If LA gets it they can bring back Sam The Eagle which was a Disney Made Mascot for the 84 games...
Sam-Eagle.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
As the OP, my original comment was more about the accuracy of bus drivers... You know, the folks with accurate and in depth knowledge of Disney. ;)

So if the mods want to close this thread, it's okay. I've got no 5 page goal.... :D

jrlbc06

It can't go to the same region within two cycles, so the earliest it could return to NA would be 2036.

Any source for this claim?

Considering the next three olympic games are Pyeongchang, South Korea for the 2018 Winter Olympics, Tokyo, Japan for the 2020 Summer Olympics, and Beijing, China for the 2022 Winter Olympics.

I understand summer and winter, but surely Pyeongchang and Beijing are in the same region.

Kamikaze

Any source for this claim?

Considering the next three olympic games are Pyeongchang, South Korea for the 2018 Winter Olympics, Tokyo, Japan for the 2020 Summer Olympics, and Beijing, China for the 2022 Winter Olympics.

I understand summer and winter, but surely Pyeongchang and Beijing are in the same region.

No such rule for the Winter Games because most areas cannot host it.

EOD K9

The closest Walt Disney World will get to the 2024 Olympics is if L.A is selected for the 2024 Games with Disneyland being down the block. As we have previously stated, only L.A and Paris are left in the running for that year.

Vinny

I change what I said before, because It would really be a bad idea for Disney to host the Olympics. The city of Orlando is a cool idea, but Disney World definitely not. It would disrupt Walt Disney World operations for many years, nothing new except for stadiums would added to Walt Disney World for many many years, and the parks would be way extremely over crowded for that time period also. Definitely just a huge a head ache for everyone, and extremely counter productive to the design evolution of Walt Disney World.

Matt_Black

The most embarrassing bid was Chicago i think for 2016. We were immediately eliminated lol

I think what was really funny was how a certain group of people (who shall remain nameless) were cheering for that because it somehow reflected on someone else (who shall also remain nameless). "Ha-ha! America is going to lose out on potentially millions of dollars in tourism and foreign investments! That'll show him!"

GenerationX

I think what was really funny was how a certain group of people (who shall remain nameless) were cheering for that because it somehow reflected on someone else (who shall also remain nameless). "Ha-ha! America is going to lose out on potentially millions of dollars in tourism and foreign investments! That'll show him!"
Not exactly. It's well known that the Olympics is a big loser for the host city/country. As a Chicagoan/Illinoisan/Taxpayer, I'm glad we weren't saddled with even more debt and abandoned infrastructure than we already have. Romantic, yes. Practical, no.

If the IOC was not corrupt (fat chance of that), they would set 4 permanent summer locations and 4 permanent winter locations spread across the globe and rotate the games between them. Someday that could actually happen, as fewer and fewer cities are willing to pony up the bribes necessary to win the games.

I'm in favor of the U.S. having a permanent location (probably LA), but against other U.S. cities (such as Orlando) taking on one-off hosting duties.

gsimpson

You clearly have never golfed in a tropical climate... and golf is not putt-putt. It's a lot more athletic than it looks from the couch.
You make a good point and I apologize for the snide comment about golf and bowling, which I happen to enjoy myself.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You make a good point and I apologize for the snide comment about golf and bowling, which I happen to enjoy myself.
No worries - I'm not emotionally invested in either, but I've done both, and you can work up a sweat, especially if you mix the balls up between the two sports.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
So a few years ago Central Florida was working on a bid for the Olympic games. From what I recall we didn't win due to a huge lack in transportation. Transportation was and is a major issue. Until we see high speed rail come into town we wont have Olympics. Could you even image I-4 for Olympics..... I think I would hide in my house the whole time they were here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom