Disney to Honor Michael Jackson

Disneyfanman

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand why you would stop buying his CDs, especially if you yourself aren't sure (or don't believe) he did anything wrong. He was accused--no proof was ever found and thus, no harm was ever done that can be proven.

Unlike Song of the South that has debatable contexts of time (though I myself grew up watching the film and would love to see it again, legally), Captain EO is not affected by an social issue of the present. Jackson's legal history and the accusations that went with him don't spot on a film that hasn't been shown in over a decade.

In my opinion, bad business is something that is socially and ethically wrong... I see nothing wrong with bringing back a quality film, both as a tribute and as a "renewed offering" in the face of a "tired placeholder." Disney has been looking for a way to refresh its 3-D theaters in Disneyland and Epcot for quite some time, and this is a perfect opportunity to do so. And while I don't expect to see Epcot get the same reprise that Disneyland will, it is good to see that Disney (and Kodak) have wised up enough to embrace the fans' call both for the meaning and for the money

This is a fair response and I appreciate your thoughts. We all vote with our wallets. I still think that MJ's public image and troubled last decade no longer belong with Disney. He was both tremendously talented and deeply troubled. I just cannot believe that digging up an old film that was completed before all of the last 15 years of media garbage is in the company's best interest.

As for why we stopped supporting his products, we believed all of that "media garbage" (our own decision) and we chose not to send any more money his way. It was our own thoughtful way of expressing our views. Just because he settled a case and it was dropped doesn't mean that we have to buy in. Conundrum apparently believes that any opinion other than his is part of a conspiracy. I simply think that we all have the right to have our own opinions. He ought to drink a little of that koolaid and quit insulting everyone with different views.

the-reason14

MJ was an innocent man (declared not guilty on all charges by the State of Caliofornia) anyone who believes otherwise is a slave of the media.

How comes you guys object to MJ based on rumors but are fine with Alice in Wonderlan (created and written by a REAL child molestor Lewis Carrol) being represented and sold in the parks as well as Lindsay Lohan, Venessa H., Miley Cyrus and others who do drugs and post ographic images and do very undisney things yet thats all ok. Its ok to have Peewee herman in the parks but ist not ok to have MJ even though he never hurt a child in his life and was manipulated by very evil people. '

ENOUGH already is what I say

and wether you all like it or not Captain EO was an extremly popular attraction when it was open even after the the media assasinated his charecter.

Exactly, and thank you. I agree with you. Its simple, if Captain EO does return and you dont agree with it, dont go and watch it, its that simple. I dont watch Hannah Montanah or all the other disney channel crap, but there are people out there who love it, so I choose not too. Its that simple. If it comes to Epcot, great, if not, ok. But if it does, expect it to get more attention than HISTA has in the past 4 years or so, and Im sure thats something disney wants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom