Disney to expand Glow with the Show to new product line 'Made with Magic'

asianway

At the risk of flaming - am I the only one who sees tese things as a distraction, not an improvement? It seems pretty dumb that if you're wearing the ears or whatever, you don't see what they're doing anyway. I don't get it at all.
It'll fizzle out like Pal Mickey or the 100 Year pin badges. If you're going to buy a light up toy, you are. If you aren't, you aren't.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
At the risk of flaming - am I the only one who sees tese things as a distraction, not an improvement? It seems pretty dumb that if you're wearing the ears or whatever, you don't see what they're doing anyway. I don't get it at all.
They are only good in aggregate. Meaning, if you are at an event where lots of people are wearing them, they are great, and while you cannot see your ears, you see others, and they see yours, it all can add to the show experience.
If you are one of about 10 people in the crowd wearing them, it's not really any good at all.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thats the genius of this, EVERYBODY has to buy one so you can see the other persons ears light up, and they see yours, and so on...

I will say, when there is a large group for a show and they are all lighting up, its pretty cool.

ToTBellHop

They are only good in aggregate. Meaning, if you are at an event where lots of people are wearing them, they are great, and while you cannot see your ears, you see others, and they see yours, it all can add to the show experience.
If you are one of about 10 people in the crowd wearing them, it's not really any good at all.
I still think they should include these in resort packages. People staying offsite would get jealous and want to buy them, people staying onsite would get them "free" with their expensive packages, and the effect would be more in line with what was planned. There's no striking effect when only 3% of guests wear the things.

I wonder if these additions will be lighter than the cumbersome ears.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I still think they should include these in resort packages. People staying offsite would get jealous and want to buy them, people staying onsite would get them "free" with their expensive packages, and the effect would be more in line with what was planned. There's no striking effect when only 3% of guests wear the things.

I wonder if these additions will be lighter than the cumbersome ears.

Pretty much adding any sort of reason for someone to stay on-site is a bonus. More FP+, Glow Ears, Any ears at all, small discounts at food establishments, a resort mug, the list goes on and on with things they could add.
IMO, the lovely Disney Bus System, and an hour early or late at the parks along with all the other resort guests, are not really worth the insane cost of the rooms right now.

No one buys the Glow hats now, so I am shocked they are releasing this merchandise at WDW let alone still selling the hats. I watch Wishes almost every week and the hats are basically non-existent.

wogwog

No one buys the Glow hats now, so I am shocked they are releasing this merchandise at WDW let alone still selling the hats. I watch Wishes almost every week and the hats are basically non-existent.
They will keep making junk until you do buy some.

FerretAfros

For what it's worth, the glow technology has begun to make its move to the mainstream. Here's a video of the University of Michigan marching band using similar tech in their October 11, 2014 halftime show (vs Penn State):

While still relatively rare, I wonder if its popularity at WDW will decrease as it becomes more common out in the real world. Similarly, I wonder if Glow with the Show stuff would have played along with the halftime show...interesting stuff to consider!

dreamfinder

They really want them to take off? Integrate the tech into all the other glow toys they sell on the carts. If they do that, and keep those under $10 or so, you suddenly have an impulse buy that helps to interact with the way they wanted this tech to work.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They really want them to take off? Integrate the tech into all the other glow toys they sell on the carts. If they do that, and keep those under $10 or so, you suddenly have an impulse buy that helps to interact with the way they wanted this tech to work.
The stuff on the carts is all mostly third party off the shelf stuff, so it won't get same treatment.

dreamfinder

The stuff on the carts is all mostly third party off the shelf stuff, so it won't get same treatment.

Oh yeah, I know. But even in the different forms of the new product line, $25 per is still a bit spendy for something that's meant to be used during the shows and then just blinks at home. The cart glow at least spins and does something other than just light up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom